Author Topic: Thread 101.  (Read 1430 times)

Offline Wizard of the Lightning

• Participant
    • View Profile
Thread 101.
« on: March 28, 2009, 02:07:38 AM »
Hmm... Thinking I'll just repost this when I have more done :) .

I guess it's okay to toss around some story ideas though:

-Wizard of the Lightning: A sort-of explanation of my username, where 'the Lightnings' would be an elite unit of the best combatant Wizards and their apprentices. It'd be set in a D&D-esque universe, with swords, magic, beasts and all the other telltales of a mystic, medieval age. The protagonist would be a newly-appointed Wizard who is introduced in midst of tossing magic around to make mince meat of some feral creatures, maybe diseased goblins or trolls gone mad.

-Wizard School: The original purpose of this thread, but as I said I think I'd like to complete a bit more of it and then submit it for feedback. This is a fanfic set in the Dresdenverse, come England. The war with the Red Court has catalysed the creation of an informal, almost-but-not-actually institute for teaching young magic users (or older sorcerers) how to competently wield and harness magical energies. The school would be head mastered by the Merlin and situated conveniently on the senior wizard's obscenely large and well-protected estate somewhere in England. The rest of the fic is still in development though.

Well, that's all I was thinking of, pertinent to this board anyway. Does anyone else suffer from chronic moments of 'write-a-lot-and-suddenly-lose-interest-in-story-itus'? I love to write (even though I realise what I think of is probably overdone, clichéd, riddled with grammatical errors and plotholes, it's still exceedingly fun) but one of the most frustrating things is losing interest in a story after a few days writing. What do you guys do to overcome this?

-Wizard of the Lightning.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 06:35:40 PM by Wizard of the Lightning »