Author Topic: IA Summer Writer's Festival 2009  (Read 1489 times)

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
  • With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony
    • View Profile
IA Summer Writer's Festival 2009
« on: March 05, 2009, 04:26:59 PM »
Last year, the IA Writer's Summer Festival activities were crushed under flood waters.  A great deal of the university went under and has yet to be repaired.  The arts in particular were hard hit as their buildings were closest to the river.  It was an agonizing decision to cancel most of the activities.  I can attest as they scrambled to try to keep my weekend one open.  It sadly was postponed but I did attend another wonderful session when they were working on crutches.  The instructor for the original class has been a great help to my writing via e-mail etc.  She ended up with her large group from Japan having their session in Chicago!

Their new 2009 program is up at http://www.continuetolearn.uiowa.edu/iswfest/html/welcome/index.html
The weekend and the week long workshops are incredible. Also the talent to present is equally as strong!  So if you are in the area, or just need a break with your writer's brain think about joining them!  Especially this year when workshops like this are feeling the economic crunch.

Sessions begin June 7th and continue through July 24th.

Enough, *dusting off my hands and climbing down from my soap box*
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 04:36:55 PM by meg_evonne »
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell
Photo from Avatar.com by the Domestic Goddess