Author Topic: Objection  (Read 6890 times)

Offline Sebastian

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Objection
« on: February 17, 2009, 01:10:55 PM »
The way this is presented on the main page made me assume it was a comic book, not a novel.
This could be a flaw on my part but otherwise perhaps something should be done to rectify the situation?

"I'm sorry, I'd like to help but I'm currently doing something very important. However, I could finish today and as soon as I'm done I'll do everything in my power to help you"
- How to promise help you have no intention of giving.

Offline jtaylor

• Posty McPostington
  • Bob: Offline but not forgotten.
    • View Profile
Re: Objection
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 01:37:19 PM »
Quoted from the main page at http://www.jim-butcher.com/books/spiderman/:

Jim was asked to write a new Spider-Man novel! We will see "Darkest Hours" in July 2006. In the meantime, the Amazon Page contains an excerpt of the first chapter! If you can't see it, click their "Read More" link.

Darkest Hours
Due July 2006
Quoted from the forum description at the forum top page:
Darkest Hours
Darkest Hours is Jim's Spider-Man novel. Discuss it here!
It says it's its a novel at both places.
A noble spirit enbiggens the smallest man.

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 03:52:27 AM »
What did you read that confused you, Sebastian?  What do you suggest we do to rectify the situation?

Offline Sebastian

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 08:07:37 AM »
I have no idea... it's just the basic Spiderman=comics connection sitting firmly in my brain. Maybe it's just weird me.
"I'm sorry, I'd like to help but I'm currently doing something very important. However, I could finish today and as soon as I'm done I'll do everything in my power to help you"
- How to promise help you have no intention of giving.

Offline Vijay

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 07:19:36 PM »
I'm sure that's a common mistake for those just becoming acquainted with it but the cover art and descriptions are pretty specific.  I hope there's another; maybe after "First Lord's Fury."

Offline PerCuriam

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2009, 08:59:26 AM »
cannot...resist...legal...joke...

Overruled!

Sorry, sorry. I'll shut up now.
"Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor! Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!"

Offline JRBobC

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2009, 03:33:59 PM »
What did you read that confused you, Sebastian?  What do you suggest we do to rectify the situation?

Just out of curiosity, couldn't Mr. Hicks, or you or whomever, put the first sample chapter on the books description page?  If not you could also provide an additional link to the excerpt from Simon and Schuster.  Here's said link if you want to, http://books.simonandschuster.com/Darkest-Hours/Jim-Butcher/Spiderman/9781416510680/excerpt

Though there maybe a legal reason why you are unable to include the excerpt on the main page.  Is there?  Otherwise why can't you include the excerpt on the Darkest Hours page?

Not that I really mind one way or the other.  I just got the book a couple, *thinks*afew*, ah hell.  I've read it and enjoyed it.  Just don't remember when, but I do own it.
Patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue, PATIENCE IS A F***ING VIRTUE.  There, now I might be able to follow it.

Regarding Cover art: "You have no control. If you’re really lucky you get an art director who will let you use Vaseline when he bends you over." -Glen Cook