Poll

Will you be able to attend?

Yes!
4 (22.2%)
Alas, no!
14 (77.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: February 08, 2009, 01:47:06 AM

Author Topic: NYCC Dinner  (Read 31671 times)

Offline Infamous as Elle!

• Posty McPostington
  • Pwn Teh Sparkles!
    • View Profile
Re: NYCC Dinner
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2009, 07:20:13 PM »
That's, um, an odd hate. 'Splainy?

Apparently, he was a jerk to Scott and a few other people at another convention.  Apparently, though he hasn't done another significant thing besides The Hulk, he acts like he's a big shot.

Of course, this is all hearsay.  I have not yet met The Hulk.
[Insert Exceeding Clever And Snappy Quote Here.]

Awesomesauce is the new ketchup!  It goes with everything good!

Offline IIIMarconeIII

• Conversationalist
  • The Answer is ...42
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2009, 05:39:50 AM »
are there any details on this yet... i would love to go but i work Friday till 7 i can be be in the city by 8:30ish any ideas on where yet?
I sometimes wonder if the manufactures of foolproof items keep a fool on their payroll to test things.

If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score?
Vince Lombardi

Ever type with no "a" key on a keyboard...it sucks trust me

[URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.h

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2009, 05:42:21 AM »
are there any details on this yet... i would love to go but i work Friday till 7 i can be be in the city by 8:30ish any ideas on where yet?

I work until 7, as well, so 8 or 8:30 would be ideal for me.  You'll be fine!

Offline Uilos

• Posty McPostington
  • The Snark Side of the Force
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2009, 05:46:11 AM »
here's another place to consider for the Feast. There are two of them in range of the Convention

http://www.carminesnyc.com/
Quote from: Shecky
It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning. It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion.

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2009, 11:42:07 AM »
Carmine's is "family style". In other words, they put these VATS of food on your table, and you and your fellow diners serve your damn selves from the vats. :D

Honestly, I was thinking more along the lines of a chill-out cafe kind of place where we can all just take over some sofas or something and sip on assorted beverages with maybe some noshies. Sue, surprisingly, doesn't know of any such places either there or in the Times Square area. Anyone have any ideas? Does this appeal?
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Uilos

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2009, 06:12:31 PM »
For those of us going and have checked the programming. Is there anything you're looking forward to seeing? The inner theater geek wawants to catch the lightsaber combat training and the show by VampireCowboys.
It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning. It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion.

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2009, 06:26:42 PM »
Yes, you DEFINITELY want to catch whatever the Vampire Cowboys have to offer!  I freaking love them.  Which reminds me--I also need to get a group together to see Soul Samurai, their latest show.  If it's one tenth as great as Fight Girl Battle World, it'll still be brilliant.

As for the restaurant, we should probably make the decision today.  I'm leaning towards Carmine's at 8:30.  Any objections?

Offline Uilos

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2009, 06:30:45 PM »
I was just thinking about going to one of their shows. They haven't put up alot of screenings yet though. The Futurama is always a favorite

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2009, 06:32:48 PM »
No objections to Carmine's here; it'll probably be the biggest crowd-pleaser. Sue and I will already have eaten dinner, so you won't have to deal with my finickiness and my allergies. :D

FYI, here's linkage (click on the Theater District on the bottom row):

http://www.carminesnyc.com/
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Uilos

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2009, 06:46:49 PM »
Yeah, I figured it was a safe bet. I would have gone to a chilled out cafe type place, but to be honest, We'd be damned hard pressed to find anything "chilled out" that close to Broadway. It'd be all bars and shitty theme restaurants (Hard Rock, I'm looking at YOU!)

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2009, 07:08:38 PM »
Sadly, you're right. Been polling everyone I know who's familiar with the area, and they all say, "Chilled out? What's that?"

Offline knnn

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2009, 07:14:48 PM »
Grrr...  Why did I ever move to the other side of the country?   :'(

Could someone post pictures of the event afterward please?
DV Geek code:

DV knnn v1.2 YR4 FR3 BK++ RP+ JB+ TH WG+ CL(+) SW++++ BC- MC---(+) SH[Murphy+, Molly+]

Find out your Dresden Files "Purity" score: http://knnn.x10.mx/purity2/purity.html

Offline Uilos

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2009, 07:16:20 PM »
I'll be sure to knnn

Offline Highlander_II

• Conversationalist
  • There can be only one!
    • View Profile
    • Highlander II's Medium-sized Kingdom
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2009, 12:33:13 AM »
I wish I could go, but with no job, I have no money, so I'll have to watch from afar.

However, I have a friend or two who will be there and live up closer to that area than I do, so I've pointed her in this direction.  Maybe she can help you out... or bee-bop along!  She's one of my 'Dresden-recruits'!  *g*

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2009, 03:14:01 AM »
I wish I could go, but with no job, I have no money, so I'll have to watch from afar.

However, I have a friend or two who will be there and live up closer to that area than I do, so I've pointed her in this direction.  Maybe she can help you out... or bee-bop along!  She's one of my 'Dresden-recruits'!  *g*

Great!  I hope to meet them!