Linked Events

• TC signing in Lexington, KY: April 14, 2009

Author Topic: April 14: TC signing in Lexington, KY  (Read 24604 times)

Offline LDSman

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: April 14: TC signing in Lexington, KY
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2009, 09:16:54 AM »
Some of the museums sound interesting.  I don't drink so the breweries are out.  After a six hour drive, I think I'd like to try some D&D.  Be advised, I haven't played in about 20 years.
If I let everyone I thought was an idiot die, there wouldn't be many people left.

No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise.

None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me.

Offline Victoria/David

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2009, 05:30:18 PM »
I know the book signing starts at 7 pm. But what time is a good time to get to the bookstore? How long do book signings usually last? Does anyone have a general idea about how busy/crowded this one is going to be? I am thinking madhouse myself, as he is only doing so few signings..Please advise... Vic
VictoriaLynn

Offline Victoria/David

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2009, 05:34:26 PM »
Does anyone know a good hotel in Lexington?... around 100.00 or maybe less?????? Thanks... Vic
VictoriaLynn

Offline LDSman

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2009, 06:27:25 PM »
Try hotels.com.  I got mine for about $50 and am about a half mile from the signing.  Is it terribly rude to bring all 11 books and comics and tv series to be signed?
If I let everyone I thought was an idiot die, there wouldn't be many people left.

None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me.

Offline Victoria/David

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2009, 06:42:47 PM »
It probably is rude, but it will be alright. I am trying to decide if I want to bring my paperback Storm Front that is kinda well it got wet one day, and it shows..lol.. it was my first book, and it has been read repeatedly by everyone here in my house, and I loaned it out to, so it is in sad shape. I of course am going to buy the new book on the 7th and I also have the first Codex book to be signed too. I am not going to be greedy, unless 3 is greedy..lol.. I found the Baymont hotel for 56.00, but it does not have real good reviews, one thing I can say is if this is the one you go with request a room not on the side of i-75.. That is one complaint I keep reading about it..I am about 3 hours from Lexington.. So we are going to go in a day early to loaf around, because we don't get out much..lol.. with 3 kids..Anyone want to meet up for drinks, or dinner at a specific place or time would be great..Go to restaurant.com there are coupons you can purchase for 10-25.00 off dinner at several places in Lexington,, I got one for the Bistro at the signing.. there are a few others it says sold out, but there will be more at the first of the month.. you get a better discount if you are a Borders rewards member, so sign up for that first..
VictoriaLynn

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2009, 03:36:22 AM »
In the past, Jim has certainly been willing to sign everything!  Out of courtesy to the other fans, though, he generally asks that folks only get three items signed at once.  If they have more than that, they're welcome to get back in line for another round!

Offline LDSman

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2009, 09:23:19 AM »
So three books at a time.  Good to know.  Thanks.
Getting together for a me sounds interesting.  If we can get enough people together, we can take over a restaurant.  Mua HA HA HA... ahem. ;D

Offline LDSman

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2009, 09:36:06 AM »
Too bad Mr. Butcher isn't coming to Imagicon here in BHM.

Offline Caelana

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2009, 02:13:30 AM »
I am game for a meet up.  There are tons of choices for food. 

Me, my husband, and about 5 of our friends are going to the book signing and will go to the meet up, too.   

As for hotel recommendations:  the motels on Newtown Pike are good, and reasonably priced too.  There are several, and it's a short drive to the book signing from there, as well as all the other places of interest.

Offline LDSman

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2009, 08:57:32 AM »
I am booked for the Extended Stay America on Nicholas Road.

Offline Victoria/David

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2009, 09:48:49 AM »
Can someone more familiar with the area help us pick a good restaurant, that is reasonably priced? I know Cracker Barrel is there, but that is not everyones cup of tea. and a TGI Fridays..Even thou I live only a few hours from Lexington, I only ever went to the mall there like twice with the kids school clothes shopping, and not much else..When do you think we should all arrive for the book signing? It says the book signing and reading starts at 7 and it says on the bookstore website that the store closes at 10.. this seems like not enought hours to me.. I am confused...lol... Vic
VictoriaLynn

Offline BookLover♥

• Posty McPostington
  • Pass-Set-Crush!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2009, 02:24:21 PM »
I'm coming for the signing with some coworkers.  Unfortunately, we'll probably get there just in time for the signing so we won't be able to meet up for dinner.  :( 

Offline akasha...of the strawberries

• Posty McPostington
  • I was dead at the time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2009, 02:03:37 PM »
I don't know if I'm going to be able to make it now.  Our General Ledger typically closes on the 10th business day of each month and that means lots of work for me.   :'(

Offline BookLover♥

• Posty McPostington
  • Pass-Set-Crush!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2009, 01:51:11 AM »
If you can go, and don't have someone else to ride with, let me know.  We'll be leaving from work that evening and dropping off downtown as well.

Offline BrianSFG

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2009, 08:53:05 PM »
Hi all.  I work for Joseph-Beth, so I just wanted to pop on if anyone has questions about the signing or Lexington in general.  A good restaurant is Ramsey's.  It has great food, and the best Cajun catfish I have ever tried.

Vouchers for Turncoat went on sale in Lexington yesterday.  If you are driving in for the signing I would recommend calling and ordering a voucher for the book over the phone and a event ticket is included with each purchase of Turncoat.  We call out the event tickets in groups, A B C....  Each group has about 25 people.  So the earlier you get your copy then the better your group. 3 books per event ticket is about right, but at the end of the signing if we still have time people are more than welcome to get more books signed.  Lexington store phone number 859-273-2911

I have ordered a few hardback copies of Dresden books 1-3, and found some great bargain copies of Small Favor & two of the Furies books on audio if you are interested.  I have 7 copies of Backup left in my office, and I will be bringing them to the signing. 

I am a huge Butcher fan, and have read all the books, but not yet all the short stories.  I have worked in the SF/Fantasy section for 18 years, so if you are looking for more things to read let me know.

Brian Delambre
Sci-Fi Guy 
bdelambre@josephbeth.com