Linked Events

• TC signing in Lexington, KY: April 14, 2009

Author Topic: April 14: TC signing in Lexington, KY  (Read 24680 times)

Offline Victoria/David

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: April 14: TC signing in Lexington, KY
« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2009, 05:52:23 PM »
I have some really good video of most of the Questions part.. I only had 2 gb on 1 camera and 1 gb on the other.. so I ran out.. Just as soon as I figure out how to get them turned clockwise.. so they won't be crooked.. I will post them..Is there anyplace particular that would be a good place to post them.. yes there is Youtube.. and I have a myspace...????
VictoriaLynn

Offline Star_Controller

• Conversationalist
  • Member of the Black Spathi Squadron
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2009, 05:58:40 AM »
youtube is probably the most ubiquitous place to put them, even though there might be a better out there.  I know personally i would be more likely to rewatch it all if they are on youtube.  Thanks for the taping!
Nine-tenths of the universe, in fact, is the paperwork.

"I will *hear* you." --Dak'kon

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #62 on: April 17, 2009, 04:24:46 PM »
Youtube, definitely.  I look forward to seeing them, Victoria/David!  Thanks!

Offline Kodiakc

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2009, 05:37:39 PM »
Howdy folks!

First post but I have been a lurker for a while now, but I just want to say meeting some of you folks in KY at the signing was great!
I brought some friends and we all had a great time Q&A was great, Jim was super friendly when he signed our stuff even though I would say he was tired as heck! He even answered a few questions and told a couple of quick stories to us.

I now have very nice medical (not real) skull AKA "BoB" signed by Jim and soon will have it hooked up with orange LED lights and a motion detctor (voice might be a future work) once thats done his spot on the bookcase is ready including a romance novel or 2 to keep him busy.

Hope we can do it all again for "First Lord's Fury" in Nov/Dec!

thanks to you all and to Jim !

"My Faith Protects Me, My Kevlar, Helps"

Offline khaosbringer

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 27, 2009, 04:54:57 PM »
Well, firt off, first post.  Yay.  Shame it took me this long to get on the forums of one of my three favorite living authors.

I was at the signing, which was also my first book signing ever.  I have to say that Jim Butcher is an amazing person.  The Q&A was funny and entertaining, as well as informative.  It made me, suprisingly, look forward to the end of the series.

He was also nice enough to have a picture made with me.  Chatted for a few minutes, when I told him that I remembered going to Joseph Beth many years back and buying Storm Front, and then being veryy dissappointed that there were no other books by him anywhere.

Needless to say, I have been a loyal reader since.

So, if you ever get on here, thanks Mr. Butcher.  You are a stand-up guy, an amazing author, and an all-around great human being.

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 27, 2009, 06:44:48 PM »
I now have very nice medical (not real) skull AKA "BoB" signed by Jim and soon will have it hooked up with orange LED lights and a motion detctor (voice might be a future work) once thats done his spot on the bookcase is ready including a romance novel or 2 to keep him busy.

You might want to dig up some recorded readings by Jim himself for Bob lines delivered PERFECTLY. Unfortunately, the only one I know about was recorded by Priscellie for his Turn Coat reading, and those first chapters didn't include Bob. If you're very, very good and bribe the Goddess with much Nutella, crepe and "healthy food" goodness, you MIGHT have a chance of getting some Jim-read Bob lines... what? I said "chance". Not "GOOD chance". :D
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #66 on: April 27, 2009, 07:33:04 PM »
I wish!  If I had Jim reading Bob, I'd post it on the forum so fast your ancestors' eyes would cross. :D

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 27, 2009, 07:43:46 PM »
I wish!  If I had Jim reading Bob, I'd post it on the forum so fast your ancestors' eyes would cross. :D

*starts digging up old family photos and waiting impatiently*

When and if Jim actually has some quiet time, and after his family and friends are satisfied, we are GOING to supply him with a list of favorite Bob lines (and ask him what HIS faves are) and require a few megs of .wav files. ;D
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 07:45:38 PM by Shecky »
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline BittenbyBooks.com

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • Bitten by Books
« Reply #68 on: April 28, 2009, 11:25:49 PM »
This was a great event. I haven't been to a signing with so many people at it before!

It was good to meet the circle of forum folks at the end. I had hoped to be able to chat more after getting the book signed but they ushered us out because the store was closed. :)

My husband got a  lot of pictures, we are going to make them into a slideshow for Jim's online interview tomorrow. If there is a place to post them here on the forums, I would be glad to share them here too.

Most of them didn't turn out because he was moving. Actually those are kind of funny. LOL

I met another guy at Cape Comic Con this last weekend who was also at the signing. I don't remember seeing him, but then again, there were a TON of folks there.

Small world eh?

Sorry, I have been MIA. So much stuff has been going on since the event. It just gets busier and busier as the weather turns nicer and people are coming out of hibernation!
Rachel
http://bittenbybooks.com
Paranormal Fiction Review Site
Vote for Bob!
Details here: http://bittenbybooks.com/?p=7935

Offline BookLover♥

• Posty McPostington
  • Pass-Set-Crush!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 29, 2009, 11:43:33 AM »
Hi BBB!  It was great meeting you!

We'd love to see your pics.  In the McAnally's section, there's a thread specifically for pics of Jim on tour that you can post the pic in!

http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,2935.0.html

Also, if you've got an interview to post, there's a thread of interviews, too!

http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,7822.0.html
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 11:46:40 AM by BookLover♥ »

Offline BittenbyBooks.com

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • Bitten by Books
« Reply #70 on: April 29, 2009, 01:46:35 PM »
Hey Cool!!!

Thanks I will be sure to put them there. :)

Woot!
Rachel
http://bittenbybooks.com
Paranormal Fiction Review Site
Vote for Bob!
Details here: http://bittenbybooks.com/?p=7935