Linked Events

• TC signing in Omaha, NE: April 09, 2009

Author Topic: April 9: TC signing in Omaha, NE  (Read 11968 times)

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
April 9: TC signing in Omaha, NE
« on: January 26, 2009, 03:29:27 PM »
OMAHA, NE
Thursday, April 9th, 2009
BARNES AND NOBLE
3333 Oakview Dr
Omaha, NE 68144
7:00 PM: Reading and signing.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 03:33:59 PM by Priscellie »

Offline crapface

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: April 9: TC signing in Omaha, NE
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 06:19:41 PM »
I am very excited about this!

Offline bmjelken

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 01:29:46 AM »
I am as well.  I've been waiting several years to meet Mr. Butcher.  He was at RT 2007, and I went in 2008 I was hoping he would be there again.  I missed out.  And now he is coming to Nebraska.  We are making a two day trip out of it for our 10th anniversary.  YAY!!
"And you people......you're all astronauts on some kind of .......star trek?
-Cochrane to Riker

Offline Winter

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 01:24:16 PM »
I already talked to several of the associates at that location and they are already talking about this visit.   I will be there and am looking forward to this event, and the new book.
Winter

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
  • With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 09:25:07 PM »
Omaha, getting closer and closer.  Who else is going guys?  Shandra probably can't get that day off as she is going to the SCA gulf wars..... 
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell
Photo from Avatar.com by the Domestic Goddess

Offline Swami

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 06:07:28 PM »
I plan on being there as well.  Is there any guess as to how many Butcher fans there are out here?  I guess we'll see when getting in line for signing!

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
there's a fragger map that Priscellie set up.  I'll try to find it.  If we had a crowd we could plan lunch before or something before we all head back home again...

Here is the official McAnally's map site...  we look quite lonely out here in the midwest folks...
http://www.frappr.com/mcanallys

So if you've been lurking,  get thee on the map!!!  I'll send Mystic a note down in KC area, but his work schedule probably knocks him out of the running, plus was there one close to KC already?  Anyway worth a pm. 

PM me if you are in the NE, KS, MO, IA area folks and I'll see what I can work up. 
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 09:38:14 PM by meg_evonne »
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell

Offline BethyB

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2009, 05:01:38 PM »
Woohoo!  I'll be there, with son (also a fan) and boyfriend (not yet a fan, but he did know enough to tell me about the signing) in tow!  Does anybody know if there's a limit to the number of books he'll sign at once?  lol

BethyB

Offline xanadu324

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2009, 10:18:03 PM »
I will also be there...with husband, and mom in law, and dad in law...wo0! Family outing! I haven't been this excited since Bruce Campbell paid us a visit.

Offline Shandra

• Conversationalist
  • Dark Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2009, 07:18:14 PM »
I'll be headed over STRAIGHT after work...  I should be at the store at 6:30 or soish, depending on my lead foot...  Hey, we should all wear/have something so we can all recognize each other. 

~Shan
Some people are brave; others just don't know any better.

Offline T.G. Swenson

• Lurker
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2009, 07:19:48 AM »
Just found out about this today. Woo! So excited!!!

Offline Winter

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2009, 12:33:27 PM »
Well I stopped in and asked how it was going to be formatted.  The manager/supervisor they called to answer my questions stated that they have been inundated with calls.  So they are giving away tickets/arm bands that are color coded.  The Yellow bands the first 50 will be called up first after Mr Butcher does the reading- at least that is how it was explained to me.  The Tickets/bands – some confusion as to which it will actually be – become available at 9am.  Since I work 24 hr shifts and get off work tomorrow at 7 am I will be waiting with a book to get one.  It is up to the author as to what he will and won’t sign.  I personally will be bringing the new book which I finished last night and my favorite one of the series, perhaps a can of coke.  See you all there.

Winter

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2009, 03:15:07 PM »
Winter:  At MiHi he was drinking Dr Pepper not Coke, his pref.  Said it didn't agree with his system anymore!  Enjoy.

Wish I was coming, but my office manager's daughter has a concussion---so I'm out of luck. 

Offline Winter

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2009, 04:23:57 PM »
ahhh hell... well there goes that idea.

as for not being able to make it.. let me know what ya want signed and ill pic it up for ya.

wow.. did I just volunteer to be nice.. now thats scary.

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2009, 06:36:43 PM »
that's adorable of you, Winter.  Many hugs and lavish kisses,  I'd love it, BUT I apparently have ordered 'two' of TurnCoat already, a 3rd would be more than my budget allows me at moment.  I'm sure I'll catch up with him again soon.  Have a wonderful time.  He is a very special person and very deserving of fans like you!    (Yeah, don't ask how I do that.  It happens a lot with the Butcher books, so I donate one to the public library).

You could have him sign a piece of paper or something.  Tell him it's for Meg who couldn't make any of the initial signings and she is unhappy.  Tell him, I'd give him a hug for the Bob dedication, snifles.  Tell Shannon hello from me and that I look forward to her new fantasy!  I read that the deal was signed on Publishers Marketplace!!!!  And I hope she'll have those really neat bookmarks to...

If you do manage that---get it to Shandra, girl with really long long hair and she'll get it back to me!  Thanks!  Meg