Linked Events

• "Backup" arrives: October 31, 2008

Author Topic: "Backup": October 31st  (Read 16887 times)

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
  • With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony
    • View Profile
Re: "Backup": October 31st
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2008, 03:57:20 AM »
good heavens, has it sold out already?
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell
Photo from Avatar.com by the Domestic Goddess

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2008, 05:32:18 AM »
Well I went to two different book stores today and they did not have Backup yet. This is a sad thing. I was going to get it for me and as a b-day present for a friend. Now I have to wait and I hate that. I hated waiting this long!

Brick and mortar bookstores will NOT receive copies of Backup.  You can only find it at online retailers.  Order from Subterranean Press or from Amazon, B&N, or Borders through the Jim-Butcher.com store.

Offline blaakwater

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2008, 01:33:03 AM »
As of today, Nov. 2, none of the big sellers (Amazon, Borders, BN, including their online stores) have copies of Backup.  And they have no explanation as to why it wasn't delivered to their warehouses by Oct. 31.  I just found out that it is a limited edition publication.  What on earth were Jim's adivsors thinking?  Well, I am terribly disappointed as I was so looking forward to the first Thomas Wraith story.  Amazon's website says it's a 3-5 week wait, if they can get copies at all.   :(

Kathleen

Offline rath1969

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2008, 06:39:57 PM »
I tried to get this from the book store they did not have it. Then I tried to get it from the press and they are sold out, the second print is sold out and they are not planning a third release. So is it going to be put out by anyone else? Or am I just out of luck?

Offline Feline Feral

• Participant
  • Wish the show could have lasted longer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2008, 06:57:48 AM »
As of today, Nov. 2, none of the big sellers (Amazon, Borders, BN, including their online stores) have copies of Backup.  And they have no explanation as to why it wasn't delivered to their warehouses by Oct. 31.  I just found out that it is a limited edition publication.  What on earth were Jim's adivsors thinking?  Well, I am terribly disappointed as I was so looking forward to the first Thomas Wraith story.  Amazon's website says it's a 3-5 week wait, if they can get copies at all.   :(

Kathleen

Limited Edition? Indeed what were they thinking. I just found about it a couple of days ago and won't have money for months....dang school. LOL... I sit in hope that they will change their minds and have more copies available next year

Offline blackwolf

• Posty McPostington
  • Wolf Guard to the GREAT SHE Priscellie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2008, 05:43:57 AM »
I just got my copy yesterday and LOVED IT. I would love to hear more from Thomas's point of view.
EVER RUNNING THROUGH THE NIGHT , HUNTING THOSE WHO DO BETRAY, I HUNT ALONE WITH DEATHS MIGHT , BLOOD LUST IS THE ONLY WAY, FOR THIS IS MY FATE

Every Warrior's dream is that he is Never Needed.

Offline Feline Feral

• Participant
  • Wish the show could have lasted longer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2008, 07:46:41 PM »
Is SP going to put out a soft cover version of the book?

Offline LDSman

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2009, 03:00:24 PM »
I finally got my copy yesterday.  I find it to be a good stand alone.
If I let everyone I thought was an idiot die, there wouldn't be many people left.

No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise.

None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me.