Author Topic: Murder at the Masquerade-short story  (Read 5077 times)

Offline xXMemorieXx

• Participant
    • View Profile
Murder at the Masquerade-short story
« on: October 13, 2008, 06:21:41 PM »
Hi,

Well, i think I'll start off by posting this. Mainly since it's the only thing that i have that's actually finished. I did this for art class when my teacher was away, though i have no clue why we did this in art class.

Feel free to comment, even though its a short story i still need opinions.

Murder at the Masquerade

The man grinned as he placed the mask on his face. No one would know it was him and know one would know that he killed her. He picked up the knife that was sitting on the table top and concealed it under his coat. Making sure the sheath was still on it, he didn’t want to stab himself while he was dancing with her. He looked in the mirror one last time, making sure everything was perfect, smiled, and headed out the door and down the hall that led towards the masquerade ball.
   He walked gracefully down the steps. A few women looked at him and giggled but, instead of asking one of them to dance. He had his sights set on another. Her name was Alice, and to him, she was the most beautiful woman around. Yet, she cheated on him, every night she would leave their house in the middle of the night and not return home till earlier that morning. She had a slightly pale complexion and beautiful long honey gold hair. Her eyes were a crystal clear blue, and in some light, looked almost like the ocean’s water. Yet, he couldn’t figure out why she cheated on her, and for that, he grew angry and planned both of their demises.
   He would kill her and them himself so that she wouldn’t be left alone in the afterlife.
“May I have this dance?” He stated in a gentlemanly way, just as the music started to play. She answered him back with a wonderful smile that made the man’s heart break to know that her life was almost too it’s end. He grabbed her hand and led her to the dance floor, where the soft hums of a waltz began to play from the orchestra. He wrapped his hand around her waist and she placed her hand on his side, then they started to dance.
   The dance with his former lover made his heart ache; he began to remember the wonderful memories he had with her which made him to start second guessing his plan. Should I kill her? Or Should I let her go? Those two sentences flitted around in his head till he just couldn’t take anymore and pushed her away and in the process took out his knife.
   The music almost immediately stopped around them and the room fell silent around them. He heard gasps and as his eyes wandered the room, the on-lookers faces were in complete horror. It was then that he made his decision and instead of lunging towards her and silencing her forever, he removed his mask and plunged the knife into his own heart.
   He felt himself fall down backwards and heard a gasp, except this one was closer. He soon felt Alice’s warm touch and he found himself looking straight into her saddened face. “ Aiden… why’d you do it? ” She asked, choking back and swallowing salty tears. Aiden grinned a bit and rubbed his hand against her cheek. “I… can’t stand… living without you…” he managed to say with his last breath and then his hand fell and his broken heart… finally stopped beating.

craptastical siggy, till i get around to making one~

Offline kero319

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Murder at the Masquerade-short story
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 07:15:27 PM »
I like it alot
Gave me chills at the end  :o