Poll

Will you be able to attend?

Yes!
4 (22.2%)
Alas, no!
14 (77.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: February 08, 2009, 01:47:06 AM

Author Topic: NYCC Dinner  (Read 31699 times)

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
Re: NYCC Dinner
« Reply #105 on: February 11, 2009, 10:36:20 PM »
Seriously? You'll be in NY? Dude. We're there. That's one of the VERY few movies that I'll actually go see... well, maybe not opening night (I don't like people THAT much), but in the early going. And if it's on an IMAX screen, I'm ALL over that.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #106 on: February 11, 2009, 11:09:42 PM »
Dude, awesome!  There will definitely be IMAX shenanigans opening weekend, if not opening night.  If not the midnight screening. :D

Offline Esperacchius

• Conversationalist
  • I am Harry's subconscious
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 12, 2009, 04:31:35 AM »
Dude, awesome!  There will definitely be IMAX shenanigans opening weekend, if not opening night.  If not the midnight screening. :D

Hell ya!  I'm a big midnight screening person.  Especially this movie.
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it. ~Ronald Dahl

http://bit.ly/Rkm1c0

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 12, 2009, 11:37:47 AM »
Opening on a Friday, right? What poor sap are we gonna get to stand in line for hours and save spots? Matt, if we do a midnight screening, I may be forced to try one of those Butt-Flavored Energy Concoctions. And it'll be all your fault. Just pray that Sue isn't tired; caffeinating her can qualify as a public hazard. :D
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #109 on: February 12, 2009, 01:02:28 PM »
I wonder if any of the IMAX theatres have assigned seating.  No line-waiting required!

Offline Noey

• Posty McPostington
  • Life On Planet Pink.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 12, 2009, 02:21:21 PM »
*raises hand* So there! I'm always up for screens that make people's noses taller than my entire self. Tee hee.  :)
You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me. - C.S. Lewis

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 12, 2009, 02:41:05 PM »
I wonder if any of the IMAX theatres have assigned seating.  No line-waiting required!

Grr. Unless my Google-fu has withered, there are no midnight showings of Watchmen. There was apparently one scheduled for the IMAX in W. Nyack, but those went on sale via cell phone in early December and they're gone. I can't find any more. But the showtimes at Lincoln Square (doesn't seem to be a showing at the Empire 25 on 42nd) are 10, 2, 6 and 10. And, naturally, tickets aren't available online for Lincoln Square.

Anyone got better info?

Offline Noey

• Posty McPostington
  • Life On Planet Pink.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 12, 2009, 02:53:49 PM »
No go in Connecticut for the big, big screen. The IMAX at Buckland Hills is only showing Jonas Brothers and opera. Where's the culture??
You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me. - C.S. Lewis

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #113 on: February 12, 2009, 06:08:52 PM »
As this conversation no longer has much to do with the NYCC Dinner, I've created a separate thread for NYC shenanigans.  Let's reroute our Watchmen-y machinations there!

Offline Esperacchius

• Conversationalist
  • I am Harry's subconscious
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 13, 2009, 01:12:45 AM »
Opening on a Friday, right? What poor sap are we gonna get to stand in line for hours and save spots? Matt, if we do a midnight screening, I may be forced to try one of those Butt-Flavored Energy Concoctions. And it'll be all your fault. Just pray that Sue isn't tired; caffeinating her can qualify as a public hazard. :D

See, the little Dennis the Menace inside me just wants to go buy a bunch of the stuff now...try on the grey hooded cloak of Enabler.
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it. ~Ronald Dahl

http://bit.ly/Rkm1c0

Offline Blaze

• Cloak maker to Wizards.
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 13, 2009, 02:49:42 AM »
As promised, you can see pix of Dancing Fox XI here
Chi pò, non vò; chi vò, non pò; chi sà, non fà; chi fà, non sà; e così, male il mondo va.