Linked Events

• Signing in Independence: October 04, 2008

Author Topic: Signing in Independence, MO, Oct 4th!  (Read 13064 times)

Offline Soulless Mystic5523

• Posty McPostington
  • Icon lovingly crafted by ButMadNNW
    • View Profile
Re: Signing in Independence, MO, Oct 4th!
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2008, 09:44:23 PM »
*Conversation moved to PM to keep from derailing thread any further.*
WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN.

Death    Reaper Man   Terry Pratchett

DV SoullessMystic5523 V1.2 YR7 FR5 BK++ RP+++ JB++ TH++ WG CL++ SW+ BC+ MC---- SH[Murphy++, Molly+]

Offline sabresedge

• Participant
  • (Ooo I geta personal text...) The goblins did it.
    • View Profile
    • my DA site
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2008, 09:48:52 PM »
ok
Chocolate, food of the gods, a taste fo hevean, oh lend me the pleasure of your flavor on my pallet.

Offline sabresedge

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • my DA site
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2008, 11:24:15 PM »
 :-[ and i missed it......
Chocolate, food of the gods, a taste fo hevean, oh lend me the pleasure of your flavor on my pallet.

Offline dandeckert

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2008, 03:45:05 AM »
The signing went well, according to my wife, the Borders Express Store Manager.  Sales of books to be signed probably helped the store make its sales goals for the week.  I got over to the signing on my last 15-minute break from Sears (in the same mall), and had nice (if short) chats with Shannon and Jim.  Also picked up a copy of Blood Light and got Jim to autograph it.  (Danise had already done that with Shannon's first two books.) 

Shannon and I unfortunately share the opinion that No Escape is not the best of her three novels, and I suppose that we both hope that her Editors will cut her a bit more slack in the future.  I don't think that they are "thinking outside the box" with regard to her potential audience.  Calling it "romantic suspense" puts the emphasis on the romantic elements, which are important but which don't drive the plots, IMHO.  Most adult men crave "romance," but they missed their chance at it when they were young, being overwhelmed by a need for sex.  Many adult men can probably be "lured" into an appreciation of "romance" by good suspense stories, just as I have.  Put the suspense/mystery ahead of the "romance," and many more men will be "sucked in," IMHO.

Dan

Offline sabresedge

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • my DA site
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2008, 06:47:00 AM »
do you have to buy a book at the store for ti to be signed or can you bring one you already bought? ... just for future reference...

your comment about romance and men and sespence sounds interesting... would you mind explaining more