Linked Events

• "Turn Coat" released: April 07, 2009

Author Topic: "Turn Coat" released April 7, 2009  (Read 80316 times)

Offline cephis

• Posty McPostington
  • For the ZaLord!
    • View Profile
Re: "Turn Coat" released April 7, 2009
« Reply #90 on: January 26, 2009, 04:27:16 PM »
April 6th?  Don forget ta wear yer kilts...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tartan_Day
Wrong nationalality for that
Still miss Bob DV Cephis V1.2YR4FR3BK++RP++JB+TH(+)WG+CLSWBC+MC SH[Elaine++Murphy+++Ivy+Molly++Marcone--- Bob---- Susan+(
(click to show/hide)
) Any male Ch-- Any female Ch+]FF+++MS+AND--

Offline Infamous as Elle!

• Posty McPostington
  • Pwn Teh Sparkles!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 26, 2009, 04:28:07 PM »
Huh? quote would be good

"You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”. - John Lydgate.

Heh, sorry.
[Insert Exceeding Clever And Snappy Quote Here.]

Awesomesauce is the new ketchup!  It goes with everything good!

Offline sabresedge

• Participant
  • (Ooo I geta personal text...) The goblins did it.
    • View Profile
    • my DA site
« Reply #92 on: January 26, 2009, 04:33:10 PM »
Can you bring a copy of one of the Dresden files books that you already own for him to sign or do I have ot buy turn coat there. The one i really want him to sign is bead beat. Its one of my favorites.
Chocolate, food of the gods, a taste fo hevean, oh lend me the pleasure of your flavor on my pallet.

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #93 on: January 26, 2009, 04:34:03 PM »
Can you bring a copy of one of the Dresden files books that you already own for him to sign or do I have ot buy turn coat there. The one i really want him to sign is bead beat. Its one of my favorites.

Yup!  Jim is generally happy to sign whatever you put in front of him, within reason. :D

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
  • With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 26, 2009, 04:43:51 PM »
of course Shannon might wish to discuss that a bit.....  :-)
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell
Photo from Avatar.com by the Domestic Goddess

Offline sabresedge

• Participant
  • (Ooo I geta personal text...) The goblins did it.
    • View Profile
    • my DA site
« Reply #95 on: January 26, 2009, 04:45:15 PM »
YEY!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D *claps with glee* I was wanting to also wait till they come out in paperback before i buy the newer ones. I like symmetry. If the ones i already on are in paperback I want them all in paperback. if they are in hardback I want the rest that i own in hardback. When i stack them with proud pleasure I want them to have the same size. :D part of the OCD side of me.
Chocolate, food of the gods, a taste fo hevean, oh lend me the pleasure of your flavor on my pallet.

Offline cephis

• Posty McPostington
  • For the ZaLord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 26, 2009, 04:46:30 PM »
Yup!  Jim is generally happy to sign whatever you put in front of him, within reason. :D
Umm, has a Fan-girl (or boy) asked Jim to do such a thing?
Still miss Bob DV Cephis V1.2YR4FR3BK++RP++JB+TH(+)WG+CLSWBC+MC SH[Elaine++Murphy+++Ivy+Molly++Marcone--- Bob---- Susan+(
(click to show/hide)
) Any male Ch-- Any female Ch+]FF+++MS+AND--

Offline papalloyd

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 26, 2009, 04:48:13 PM »
Is North Carolina so far away that fans here don't get a chance to go to a signing evevt without leaving our state?

Offline Paranoid Wizard

• Conversationalist
  • Magic. It's what you do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 26, 2009, 04:55:50 PM »
I've never been to a book signing/release before, so I have a question. If Jim is there, signing books before TC goes on sale, how would one get Jim to sign a copy of TC? If it's impossible, then wasn't the question a couple pages back, about what to bring to have him sign, a bit useless? (No offense to the originator of the question. I'm just effing confused here.)

Also, looks like I'll be pre-ordering my copy via  a store in Chicago that I've never visited. (I foresee getting lost in Chicago sometime in April.)
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face.

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
  • With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 26, 2009, 05:00:13 PM »
Let's see... balancing having Jim visit every state in the nation vs writing time...    ah no brainer right?  Prescille put the virtual signing site up-just contact them.

Frankly though, I've never had problems working with the bookstores to get an author's signature.  They all take care of it and ship it.  I suppose you could request a special message--but my hands ache in sympathy for the writer, so I never ask for more than the name.  So it's no big deal if you can't make the signing in person.  Except you miss getting to hear what he says to everyone that might be new information on what's going on or answering questions etc.  :-)
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell
Photo from Avatar.com by the Domestic Goddess

Offline Ghsdkgb

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 26, 2009, 05:04:58 PM »
No Bay Area signing this year, either. I enjoyed that last year.

Who knows, maybe I can actually make Comic-Con this year (I've been trying for years). Will he be at the San Diego one?
"I am responsible for more than my own fun."

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #101 on: January 26, 2009, 05:05:40 PM »
So it's no big deal if you can't make the signing in person.  Except you miss getting to hear what he says to everyone that might be new information on what's going on or answering questions etc.  :-)

Hee, yeah.  In those cases, you just have to hope some enterprising fan brought a camera and is planning on posting the video on YouTube. :D

Who knows, maybe I can actually make Comic-Con this year (I've been trying for years). Will he be at the San Diego one?

He hasn't decided yet.

Offline Amber

• Posty McPostington
  • Enchanted Storm
    • View Profile
    • My Own Message Board
« Reply #102 on: January 26, 2009, 05:07:39 PM »
Jim clearly doesn't know what he's missing out on by not doing San Diego this year.  We had such plans.  *sigh*

We were quite spoiled with two visits last year, though.

*still holding out hope for SDCC again*
"I am among those who think that science has great beauty. A scientist in his laboratory is not only a technician: he is also a child placed before natural phenomena which impress him like a fairy tale."
- Marie Curie

Offline Infamous as Elle!

• Posty McPostington
  • Pwn Teh Sparkles!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 26, 2009, 05:12:59 PM »
Yes, it really is being there in person thing that makes the signing and the trip worthwhile.  I don't have as much attachment to books authors have signed and sent out or left for purchase.  There is just something really impersonal about it and I know if I was an author just signing stacks of books, I wouldn't feel that comfortable about it either.

I like the personal experience and there is the hope that Jim likes it too!
[Insert Exceeding Clever And Snappy Quote Here.]

Awesomesauce is the new ketchup!  It goes with everything good!

Offline Paranoid Wizard

• Conversationalist
  • Magic. It's what you do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 26, 2009, 05:14:56 PM »
Yes, it really is being there in person thing that makes the signing and the trip worthwhile.  I don't have as much attachment to books authors have signed and sent out or left for purchase.  There is just something really impersonal about it and I know if I was an author just signing stacks of books, I wouldn't feel that comfortable about it either.

I like the personal experience and there is the hope that Jim likes it too!

It's that personal element that makes trekking up to Chicago for the release worth it. I've seen signed books in stores before, and it's never even crossed my mind to purchase them. I don't know, it's everything you said, and more.
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face.