Author Topic: Enchanting guns and other tech items?  (Read 19259 times)

Offline MacsNewBrew

• Conversationalist
  • Lurking faithfully since 2008
    • View Profile
Re: Enchanting guns and other tech items?
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2008, 01:25:04 AM »
Perhaps the enchanted item has to be in contact with the skin or in very close physical proximity in order to store/release energy. ???
another one of those discussions about Heaven and God and the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Offline Stephen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2008, 10:37:43 AM »
Perhaps the enchanted item has to be in contact with the skin or in very close physical proximity in order to store/release energy. ???
Yea, tha's why I put in the reference to 'personal space' (e.g. on him - hands- or close to him - punching bag).
But on feet is so much more useful (eg absorbing falling momentum) than hands
Stephen

Offline Slife

• Conversationalist
  • Fuego Maximilian‽
    • View Profile
    • VGF, Yo.  Home of the World's First Spritecomic
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2008, 05:26:58 PM »
Yea, tha's why I put in the reference to 'personal space' (e.g. on him - hands- or close to him - punching bag).
But on feet is so much more useful (eg absorbing falling momentum) than hands
Stephen

Harry could pick up waterskiing and attach the energy charger thingies to his feet.  He'll be distant enough from the boat to avoid any tech complications, but still be able to power up quickly.
Rule one of magic:  Never, ever, under any circumstances, trust someone named "Morningstar".

Offline Stephen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2008, 11:32:46 AM »
Harry could pick up waterskiing and attach the energy charger thingies to his feet.  He'll be distant enough from the boat to avoid any tech complications, but still be able to power up quickly.
Or for a thrill take up skydiving.
Doubly dangerous.
Stephen

Offline Gathers Scrolls

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2008, 03:15:34 AM »
No matter how I try to figure out how this would work, I still get this mental image of a small explosion.
Heck, I think if Harry stood too close to an iphone or Nintendo DS, it would start to disintegrate and ooze, like those melting clocks in the Dali painting. :D

Offline NevynK

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2008, 02:23:17 AM »
Thinking about it, if you want your 30 round cap .22LR to pack as much punch as a .729 Jongmans with Hydro-shok, of course (a 110lb rifle with "brutal" recoil), you better work your butt off on 30 enchantments, strap them on your shoes (think 1980's 'Roos shoes), and go run a marathon or three.
You aint lying bout the .729 man that sh!t just bout tore off my shoulder bout 3 years ago. Had the f'd up idea of trying to make a few of the heavier ammos out there just for kicks. Made em but damn somethings just aren't necessary and a bullet that'll almost give ya the hollywood bad guy flying back is among them. Now the kick without the recoil THAT's something I'd go for, however I hate going uber so I'm thinking a vanila mortal with a passed down revolver or rifle that either fires some magic ammo or has imbued properties ala auto aim  ;D . A practioner that can blast you with bullets that leave craters just isn't fair, maybe as a villain....

Put the CPU in a Faraday cage, as well as the magic circle. A 60's vintage dumb terminal just might hold up better than a modern mouse and keyboard. Our hypothetical technomancer would have to be Unix geek. (Makes sense...)

No need for the terminal just stick a projector in that cage and use a laser keyboard. Expensive yes but a simple way to keep a magical powerhouse in the know. For the mouse I'd say either trackball or even simpler touchscreen with the projector......