Author Topic: RPG group areas  (Read 19969 times)

Offline ponbern

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: RPG group areas
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2007, 04:41:58 AM »
I live in Pittsfield, Mass.

i don't think i will find many players in town(although Proven Guilty has been checked out of my libary almost as soon as we got it) but as soon as it comes out i'm ordering it and going to run a game with my group. thats my battletech, d&d, swrpg and other games if anyone is in the area andwants to play sometime.
There are some sick people on the Internet...I seem destined to meet (and piss off) them all.

*looks at matt yet again* "scratch the medpack and bacta tank. I'll take a master craft headstone with epitaph +2"-Ian
"Do I really get ten darkside points for punting the jawa into the Dark Jedi??"-Me

Offline King of De Nile

• Conversationalist
  • Are your feet wet? And can you see the pyramids?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2007, 05:05:44 AM »
I'm in Pittsburgh, PA. I think I'm going to have to convert some friends here.

And Nemo, von Bek, congratulations. I think I woke my neighbors up choking on my water. Some things you expect on an RPG board; Eddie Izzard and UK jokes are not among them. Top form, y'all!
Our garden was debated territory between five local cats, and we'd heard that the best way to keep other cats out of the garden was to have one yourself. A moment's rational thought here will spot the slight flaw in this reasoning.      --Terry Pratchett

Offline Nemo

• Conversationalist
  • International Wizard of Mystery
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2007, 05:27:42 AM »
And Nemo, von Bek, congratulations. I think I woke my neighbors up choking on my water. Some things you expect on an RPG board; Eddie Izzard and UK jokes are not among them. Top form, y'all!

Thanks, I aim to please.  Be thankful you are not in Pittsburg, KS.
Now, all the animals with long ears on the side of the boat...
"Harry, even a nerd should know that it's no coincidence when a girl shows up at a man's hotel room.  You know all she really wants is to--" ~ Bob

Offline Rel Fexive

• Conversationalist
  • Shadow Sorcerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2007, 08:05:54 PM »

We do try.  Or maybe we're trying... very trying...  ;D
THE DOCTOR: I'll do a thing.
RIVER SONG: What thing?
THE DOCTOR: I don't know. It's a thing in progress. Respect the thing!

Offline glmagus

• Participant
  • Wiseass, not just a label, but a way of life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2007, 08:53:06 PM »
Austin, TX for me
"Step back, and let the wizardry commence."

Offline Psyche

• Participant
  • I don't get the SciFi Channel!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2007, 01:09:28 AM »
I just moved to South Dakota for a job a few years ago. There is no one up here!
Sleep is god. Go worship. - The Dresden Files, Death Masks

Offline Blaze

• Cloak maker to Wizards.
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2007, 01:46:06 AM »
I feel so blessed here in Kingston, NY where we have had a gaming group since 1979.  People come and go, but the group has held fast.

May I suggest some things to help you with founding your gaming group?

You can find RPGists a number of ways, your local book or hobby store.  Post a notice there stating that you would like to start a game up.

Your school/college might have an RPG club under any of many names, or you can try posting at your loca library (some have a community room where you caneven play until you know the group members better.)

Or you can ask two (or more) friends to try it out with you, and learn together as you go.

The trick is to find a Game Master/Story Teller who knows better than to play against the party.   That is the way to darkness...
Chi pò, non vò; chi vò, non pò; chi sà, non fà; chi fà, non sà; e così, male il mondo va.

Offline Sil76

• Participant
  • Self-Confessed Book Devourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2007, 01:53:11 AM »
Newly arrived in Chapel Hill, NC....  And definitely hopeful of finding gamers or even just coffee chatters in the area! ;D
Darned tired.  Darn me unto heck.

Offline SoulCatcher78

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • dA page
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2007, 04:04:31 AM »
Southern Indiana here, more of a lack of time problem than a finding people problem *well, at least I haven't looked for a while so I can assume it's not a people finding issue*.

Offline Whitestreak

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2007, 04:08:44 AM »
I'm new to these fora, but not new to Harry Dresden or RPGs (I've been playing since the magic rules for Chainmail came out ;D)

I live in Elk Grove, CA and I'm looking forward to the game, too.

Offline 13x13

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Slacker by Birth, Genius by Choice
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2007, 12:06:48 AM »
Fuquay Varina, NC...about 30 minutes outside Raleigh. Haven't played anything but DnD for years, before that was Rifts. 

Offline Kiriath

• Conversationalist
  • We rise or fall...
    • View Profile
    • Sa Souvraya Niende Misain Ye
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2007, 12:44:22 AM »
South Dakota?

I'm in Southwest Minnesota.

On the (slightly official) college gaming club bulletin board I have a list of places (around MN but I think South Dakota also) gaming people and areas.

http://southwestgaming.proboards81.com

Or I could just suggest them here. ;) Ever heard of MAGE?
Dr. Juruna: What doth it profit a man to gain the whole world and suffer the loss of his own soul?
Dr. Haas: Well, he profits by one entire world for starters...
A Miracle of Science

Bonded to the Traveler of the Ways

Offline Psyche

• Participant
  • I don't get the SciFi Channel!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2007, 01:14:10 AM »
South Dakota?

I'm in Southwest Minnesota.

On the (slightly official) college gaming club bulletin board I have a list of places (around MN but I think South Dakota also) gaming people and areas.

http://southwestgaming.proboards81.com

Or I could just suggest them here. ;) Ever heard of MAGE?

I'm new to the RPG front. I've been wanting to get into it for a while, especialy while I was in college myself, but I didn't have enough time. Now that I do have the time, I can't find the people! I'm in Huron, by the way, anything you could sugest would be great.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 01:16:20 AM by Psyche »
Sleep is god. Go worship. - The Dresden Files, Death Masks

Offline Kiriath

• Conversationalist
  • We rise or fall...
    • View Profile
    • Sa Souvraya Niende Misain Ye
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2007, 03:28:11 AM »
Yeah. That's South Dakota. ;)

There's D&Ders but not much else around where I am. It's not my style. :)

According to the map, Brookings is about an hour away? MAGE (http://www.mage-page.com) runs some game days there, about one a month, I think. Brookings also has a groovy game store that I think gets some activity, with a used book store that stands next to it!

The stores that run Friday Night Magic might also have some RPGers. Are some of them around Huron? :D
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=events/fnm/usa&tablesort=2b
Dr. Juruna: What doth it profit a man to gain the whole world and suffer the loss of his own soul?
Dr. Haas: Well, he profits by one entire world for starters...
A Miracle of Science

Bonded to the Traveler of the Ways

Offline cbmurphy

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2007, 12:45:54 AM »
I live in Pittsfield, Mass.

i don't think i will find many players in town(although Proven Guilty has been checked out of my libary almost as soon as we got it) but as soon as it comes out i'm ordering it and going to run a game with my group. thats my battletech, d&d, swrpg and other games if anyone is in the area andwants to play sometime.

There's a positively virulent Battletech group not too far east of you, out the Boston way.  At least, I think they are still there, that was where I last found them (alas, to play Heavy Gear).  There is also a nice convention not too far west of you, the Schenechtedy Wargamers Association or some such thing. 

I'm in Attleboro, MA.   Usually end up driving to Boston or the Cape to get some gaming in.
Malt does more than Milton can, to justify God's ways to man.