Author Topic: Any Suggestions?  (Read 5431 times)

Offline Mycol

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Any Suggestions?
« on: April 15, 2008, 08:26:53 PM »
Uh Hi, Long time Dresden Fan, First time poster.... (Mainly because I found this place like THREE days ago ^^;)
So Yeah, I like to consider myself a Hobbiest author, I write Short stories to pass the time, wrote a few Tall tales for my Son to talk him to sleep at night when he was younger, and for my RPG campaigns I tend to write SHort stories that lead up to the campaign.
However recently I've been asked to do something interesting and new, and I'm not sure how to go about it, so I thoguht of you fellow Fiends here and thought I might swing it by you all and see what you think and if you can offer some suggestions.
I've been contracted to write a Webcomic, (Really the Artist didn't have to offer me much she's hawt and has huuuuge tracts of Land, and if she happens to be on this website and reading this I will likely be dead. Tell my son I love him.) not really a huge deal except I'm not certain how to go about writing for a comic. So I was wondering if you fellow Authors/geeks had any suggestions for this small problem of mine.

Offline Paranoid Wizard

• Conversationalist
  • Magic. It's what you do.
    • View Profile
Re: Any Suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 11:46:29 PM »
Do you have free reign of the comic? Or is there a specific genre you're supposed to be sticking to?
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face.

Offline Anduriel

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 12:27:53 AM »
Yeah, are you contracted with a specific artist, have they given, you a brief on characters, plot etc?

Offline Moritz

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 06:02:13 PM »
I am also in the process of learning how to script comics in cooperation with a friend who draws. Ususally, comics are written as scripts not unlike movie scripts. There are some from Marvel and DC online, where you can compare the writing with thet finished product. Not sure where to find them right now.

Otherwise, I can recommend the books by Scott McCloud on Writing comics.
I only read the British editions of Dresden Files, so I am half a year behind concerning the plot.
I also only read them when I travel.