Linked Events

• Jim atndg. San Diego Comic Con: July 24, 2008 - July 27, 2008

Author Topic: San Diego Comic Con: July 24-27  (Read 78847 times)

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
Re: San Diego Comic Con: July 24-27
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2008, 02:25:03 PM »
I didn't see that Harry!  He's a good one!

I've got lots of pictures.  I have to process them tonight.

The detail in Matthew's costume was INCREDIBLE.  The runes in his staff and blasting rod were burned in!  He got Jim to sign the bottom of the staff, which Matthew will burn in as well. :D 

I also got a close-up on his shield bracelet, but I haven't uploaded it.  I'll have to post it when I get home. 

His leather duster was made by his girlfriend, of Pendragon Costumes.  They're the group that made Jim's Harry-duster!

I REALLY hope you got your Maeve or Molly costume and got someone to take a pic of you and the Harrytator. Send that sucker to me if so.

I got a picture with him in my Maeve costume, but it was on his camera.  I emailed him this morning for a copy!  In the meantime, here's a shot of me as Molly with another Harry.  I didn't get his name, unfortunately.

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2008, 02:32:29 PM »
The detail in Matthew's costume was INCREDIBLE.  The runes in his staff and blasting rod were burned in!  He got Jim to sign the bottom of the staff, which Matthew will burn in as well. :D 

I also got a close-up on his shield bracelet, but I haven't uploaded it.  I'll have to post it when I get home. 

His leather duster was made by his girlfriend, of Pendragon Costumes.  They're the group that made Jim's Harry-duster!

I got a picture with him in my Maeve costume, but it was on his camera.  I emailed him this morning for a copy!  In the meantime, here's a shot of me as Molly with another Harry.  I didn't get his name, unfortunately.

Ask Jim where he got the Zombie Crossing t-shirt, pretty please?

And I'm confused - Pendragon made a Harry-duster for Jim? Why doesn't Jim wear the thing whenever possible? 'Cause that's just cool an' stuff.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2008, 02:40:21 PM »
Ask Jim where he got the Zombie Crossing t-shirt, pretty please?

And I'm confused - Pendragon made a Harry-duster for Jim? Why doesn't Jim wear the thing whenever possible? 'Cause that's just cool an' stuff.

I was with Jim when he got the Zombie Crossing shirt earlier that day.  It was from a t-shirt retailer at the con, with three huge booths set up!  Wish I could remember the name...

And Jim probably only wears the Pendragon duster on special occasions, as Jim-in-duster would be so awesome as to burn out mortal retinas.

Offline Amber

• Posty McPostington
  • Enchanted Storm
    • View Profile
    • My Own Message Board
« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2008, 03:19:21 PM »
Should be Stylin Online.  They're always the ones with the huge booths.

I don't know where in that massive site that particular shirt would be, however.
"I am among those who think that science has great beauty. A scientist in his laboratory is not only a technician: he is also a child placed before natural phenomena which impress him like a fairy tale."
- Marie Curie

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2008, 03:26:07 PM »
Should be Stylin Online.  They're always the ones with the huge booths.

I don't know where in that massive site that particular shirt would be, however.

Ah, thanks!  Yup, that's the site.  Unfortunately, a search for "zombie" didn't produce Jim's shirt.

...Though actually, wait, no.  The zombie crossing shirt was bought at a different vendor.  They had a bunch of gaming shirts.  Google, google, google... Here it is!  Off-world Designs!

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2008, 03:30:24 PM »
Found it meself:

http://www.warehouse23.com/item.html?id=OWD45021-XL

(edit: 'Cellie, you're sure that was the vendor? Who's the original fabricator?)
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2008, 03:33:25 PM »
On the page you link to, Shecky, it says "OffWorld Designs" in parentheses.  That would be the original fabricator. :D

Offline Amber

• Posty McPostington
  • Enchanted Storm
    • View Profile
    • My Own Message Board
« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2008, 03:35:02 PM »
Hey, I just pointed to who had the three huge booths.  I, unfortunately, did not get to buy anything, as I couldn't get into any of the booths for all of the PEOPLE.
"I am among those who think that science has great beauty. A scientist in his laboratory is not only a technician: he is also a child placed before natural phenomena which impress him like a fairy tale."
- Marie Curie

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2008, 03:38:01 PM »
Oh, no, I appreciate your help, Amber!  You correctly identified the store I was describing.  I was just describing the wrong place. :D

Offline Amber

• Posty McPostington
  • Enchanted Storm
    • View Profile
    • My Own Message Board
« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2008, 03:39:44 PM »
I still can't believe you ventured onto the floor on Saturday.  Your braveness astounds me.
- Marie Curie

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2008, 04:02:18 PM »
It actually wasn't much crazier than it was on the previous days!  Or maybe the morning was just less crazy than the afternoon.  When we returned to the floor in the early afternoon to find Jim a copy of Watchmen, you could barely move for all the people.  Jim and Cam remained chill, however.

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 28, 2008, 04:07:05 PM »
On the page you link to, Shecky, it says "OffWorld Designs" in parentheses.  That would be the original fabricator. :D

Sweet! I lucked into being right! Better to be lucky than good, hmm? ;)

Offline Amber

• Posty McPostington
  • Enchanted Storm
    • View Profile
    • My Own Message Board
« Reply #72 on: July 28, 2008, 04:08:50 PM »
Didn't I threaten you with death and dismemberment if you got Jim hurt on the floor?  ;)

The mornings are usually pretty calm as everyone tries to get in.

I did manage to buy one of these on the floor on Saturday :)  (In red.)
- Marie Curie

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #73 on: July 28, 2008, 04:13:33 PM »
Didn't I threaten you with death and dismemberment if you got Jim hurt on the floor?  ;)

I didn't hurt him!  I constantly monitored his sanity-state.  Though perhaps it had more of an effect on him than I had suspected.  He was very open with sekrit Dresden stuffs over lunch. :D

Offline Miharu

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 28, 2008, 04:16:44 PM »
I didn't hurt him!  I constantly monitored his sanity-state.  Though perhaps it had more of an effect on him than I had suspected.  He was very open with sekrit Dresden stuffs over lunch. :D

And you will be spilling said "sekrit" Dresden stuffs to the rest of us, correct? Please.
Tinkerbell's probably some flesh-eating Willowisp.