Author Topic: Things Harry Dresden Is No Longer Allowed to Do  (Read 217195 times)

Offline bookivore

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Things Harry Dresden Is No Longer Allowed to Do
« Reply #570 on: November 05, 2008, 04:30:32 AM »
I am not Mr. Wizard and Carlos isn't Jimmy

I am not Batman, neither Thomas nor Carlos are Robin the Boy Wonder, Molly isn't Batgirl, Ebeneezer isn't the Commissioner, my Lab isn't the Batcave, the BlueBeetle is not the Batmobile, my blasting rod is not a Batarang, Bob isn't Alfred, Lara isn't Catwoman,  and Mouse isn't the Bat-Hound.

mythcantor

« Reply #571 on: November 05, 2008, 04:47:42 AM »
I am not allowed to redesign my wards to cause gas
  • Morgan isn't very happy about that
  • What gas looks like in a Red Court Vampire I don't want to describe

Offline Purpura

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: November 05, 2008, 07:46:40 PM »
I am not allowed to stand near any republican while they vote on a computer machine
I am also not allowed to stand near Murphy and Michael and Charity Carpenter while they're voting
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 07:55:18 PM by Purpura »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Raestlin

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: November 05, 2008, 09:33:22 PM »
I am not allowed to introduce Lara to Barack Obama, although I dont know why.....
Those who can not remembe the past are doomed to think that "racial profiling" is worse than the death of thousands of innocent people.

In memorium 9/11

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #574 on: November 05, 2008, 09:35:28 PM »
I am not allowed to introduce Lara to Barack Obama, although I dont know why.....

Have you seen the way they look at each other?  Lara would get burned. :D

Offline Tempus Corvus

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: November 06, 2008, 03:13:54 AM »
I am not allowed to use my Sight, or anything that strips away illusions, on any of the following.
-The Rolling Stones, especially Keith. I'm pretty sure he's not human, but I don't want to know anything else.
-Dick Cheney. The pure evil would destroy my sanity.
-The Pope. Look, I know he LOOKS like Palpatine, but that means nothing.
My Dresden Files Purity Rating is 40%. It'd be higher if I could find the time to actually play the DFRPG.

Offline Denise11

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: November 06, 2008, 03:54:33 AM »
I am not Batman, neither Thomas nor Carlos are Robin the Boy Wonder, Molly isn't Batgirl, Ebeneezer isn't the Commissioner,
Ok but then who is Aunt Harriet? Maybe his landlady?

Offline bookivore

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: November 06, 2008, 09:50:25 PM »
Ok but then who is Aunt Harriet? Maybe his landlady?
I'm not quite remembering Aunt Harriet's personality, but would Murphy's mother work?

Offline Tribblechomper

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Photoshoplifter Dan
« Reply #578 on: November 06, 2008, 11:11:35 PM »
I'm not quite remembering Aunt Harriet's personality, but would Murphy's mother work?

Not unless she had about 45% of her mental capacity removed, as Ol' Aunt Harriet was brought into the tv series for the sole purpose of deflecting the appearance of any NeverLand Ranch-y relationship between Bruce and Dick that would have aroused the suspicions of the Gotham City Dept. of Children & Family Services.

Somehow, dressing up as a bat and fighting crime with your young charge dresssed up like a neon sign advertising street-/swim-wear for the fashion-challenged would likely have been looked upon in the same vein as a reclusive 80s has-been with a zoo in his yard having an untoward interest in prepubescent boys...
November 15, 2008-A day that will live in infamy...let's hope I'm not in the hospital THIS birthday!!!
Ah done an' went an' gots me a WEBSITE, y'all!!!
www.photoshoplifterdan.com

Offline Raestlin

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: November 07, 2008, 04:36:24 PM »
I am not allowed to refer to Cowl as the Joker
Those who can not remembe the past are doomed to think that "racial profiling" is worse than the death of thousands of innocent people.

In memorium 9/11

Offline nanuq

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: November 07, 2008, 08:16:47 PM »
Referring to Mavra as Batgirl would be kind of awesome (especially to her face).

Offline Half man-half amazing

• Conversationalist
  • Ill always be there to save the day.
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/regi68
« Reply #581 on: November 09, 2008, 05:36:10 AM »
I am not allowed to run or office the world hates us as it is.
Theres the good, theres the bad, and then theres Harry Dresden.

Offline LordDresden

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: November 09, 2008, 06:11:55 AM »
I am not allowed to refer to Cowl as the Joker

I am, however, allowed to refer to either Lt. Rudolph or Darth Wannabee as 'the Joke'.

Offline Uilos

• Posty McPostington
  • The Snark Side of the Force
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: November 09, 2008, 06:13:38 AM »
Referring to Mavra as Batgirl would be kind of awesome (especially to her face).

no, to Bianca
Quote from: Shecky
It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning. It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion.

Offline Gallowglass

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: November 13, 2008, 07:51:33 PM »
The funny thing about the jokes concerning Batman and Robin is that historically, it was a common thing to happen, not the gay parts.  Craftsmen for centuries took boys into their homes as apprentices, to train them up in their own speciality, so all Bruce Wayne did was find a boy whose need for Revenge was as great as his own and train him.

IIRC, Robin was not supposed to be so brilliantly costumed but in something closer to the Batman's own outfit but a combination of factors over-ruled this, including Kane's refusal to have Batman and mini-batman, thus the bolder costume.

Most of the gay jokes about Batman seem to have come about because of the television series and to be quite honest, they were just short of flaming in that.  In the books themselves, Bruce Wayne had an active sexual life, as much as the times would allow and when he was older, so did Dick Greyson.  My impression of the books did not show Bruce Wayne as the sort of date which a willing woman could not score with or be assured that no matter how willing she might become, her virtue would be safe.

IIRC, he had a sexual relationship with Catwoman in the books and they had a daughter.  Now it's not that gays can't have sex and babies but I never saw Catwoman as the type that could accept sharing.

Finally, you could say much the same about Eb's taking Harry into his home.  It is not as if the robes of a White Council Wizard are that macho to begin with.  He sure as hell put Harry into as many dangerous scrapes as Batman did with Robin.  All Robin could do was die, Harry could have lost his soul.