McAnally's (The Community Pub) > Author Craft

Author In Progress

<< < (2/123) > >>

Benchleyfan:
My name is Shelley and I have been writing and/or telling stories since I can remember.  What I'm working on now, I hope to get published one day.  Mostly I want to see how the story ends.  It's a pretty straight forward private eye mystery.  My detective used to be a cop, but got badly burned out and decided to go the private eye route.  I'm not very nice to him.  Instead of the sexy secretary, in his first case, I have saddled him with his older bossy sister.  Just until he "gets established."  Insert evil author laughter.  ;) 

Anyway, my guy Nick might have dreamed about being a lone wolf investigator, but he comes from a large family which won't let him.  His family and some friends who won't cut him any slack, that is.  On the plus side, he does have a sultry redhead as a girlfriend so I'm not being entirely harsh to my hero.  The story I'm writing is about Nick's first case.  A simple missing person case that turns deadly.  It's been a lot of fun to write and I'm hoping someday to be bugging people to be test readers.  :)

Danielle/Evie:
Hey, Danielle here.

I've been writing forever..or well, as soon as I could write on the lines. Somewhere in the 7-10 age range I went ka-boom with writing, working on a disastrous assortment of diary entrys that I added extra plots to, a few goofy poems and a few deeper, darker poems, and a lot of short stories with blood, fright, and an incredibly dramatic twist in the end. Before, during, and after that I was/am a frightfully intense reader of every kind of book (except maybe War and Peace, which I'm am terrified of), which is where I've learned most of what I know, in addition to every spare scrap of artical or interview I can get my hands on.

Right now, I've got my sights set on a fantasy novel (which in my head has sparked a series) that gets me more and more excited everytime I think about it. It's growing up, finding love, keeping love, losing love, evil, goodness, a journey, a war...but still based on characters that are meant to be real, complicated, and themselves, most importantly. I'm learning as I go, and it may turn out to be absolutely ridiculous.....but I absolutly love it.

Amoung many others, I'm trying to get this short story out. This ones about a man named Eddy Flies who is a vampire in a world where vampires don't exist. I'm considering called it Redemption...and have it be about his struggle to be human and his physical inability to never be able to do so, what with being known as the son of the devil. Now, I have no idea where the redemption part is going to come in, or whether there will be any redeming at all (I'm really only at the part where he makes his first kill), but so far I really like the character, and I'm going to keep working on it until it's fit to be published! :D

All it all, though, the biggest struggle is finding time. It exists, yes, but so far my biggest problem is getting myself to take advantage of it. But, hey! I'm 15, and while I'm planning on writing as much as I can, I still have a few other things to learn.

On a less me-note, everyone else's ideas sound absolutely fantastic!!! I really look forward to picking up a book or a short stories mag and saying, "Hey!!! I recognize that story!" and being able to brag that I have a sort-of, not-completely-existing "in" with the author.  :P

Dom:
Wow, sounds like a lot of urban fantasy here. (I didn't mention it before, because I'm already the one whose blabbed the most about themselves, but I do Sci-Fi too.  It's just on the back burner at the moment.)

DannyJD--hope your last name doesn't start with a "G".  My first name is Danielle too, and I go by "Danni"! We might get mixed up on the shelves if we're both ever so lucky to be published.  ;)

Richelle Mead:
Oh, wow, I am psyched at all the writers around here.  I love how everyone has such strong ideas for stories!

Danielle/Evie:
Dom- ACTUALLY..while my last name starts with D (oh the horror that has been wraught with the initals DD  ;)) ...it actually means "of the Gardens" in French. Coincidence? I think..so. But amusing nonetheless.  :) I'll make sure to keep the name foreign for the shelves

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version