Author Topic: Published Author On Board  (Read 148866 times)

Offline Princess of Pique

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Published Author On Board
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2007, 09:20:50 PM »
I write under the name Morgan Ashbury, and I write erotic romance. My first e-novel was released March 1, and a novella was released April 1. The first one will be available in print next month. My second novel is scheduled for July, and I've signed a contract for a three-book series. My web site: http://www.morganashbury.com

I've been writing most of my life, and have completed many novels but only found a publisher last year at RT.

Cheers,
Susan

Offline PamelaHeath

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • PamelaHeath.com
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2007, 10:46:59 PM »
I am only currently published in nonfiction (I have a paranormal romance, "Out of Nowhere" still languishing at Tor, from when they requested the full manuscript 3 years ago - have a feeling its past time to rewrite the thing). The nonfiction books are both parapsychology:

The PK Zone: A Cross-Cultural Review of Psychokinesis: This is a 3 parter with part I stories of PK (including miracles) from around the world from the earliest recorded literature on; Part II is the experimental PK research; Part III is experiential research (what it's like to do it) plus how people can get better at doing it themselves. It was originally published in 2003, and I'm in the middle of a complete rewrite and update now. I hope to have a new version out within the year.

Sucide: What Really Happens in the Afterlife was put out by North Atlantic Books last June. It looks at reports said to come from the afterlife (through mediums and other methods) regarding what it's like to be there for 3 types of suicide: traditional, assisted (euthanasia), and suicide mass-murder (like suicide bombers or what happened in Virginia). I went through over 400 channeled books to find the info, plus did some Q&A sessions with spirit guides and supposed deceased suicide bombers through mediums. It's interesting stuff.

My website is my name: http://www.pamelaheath.com
Author of "The PK Zone" and "Suicide: What Really Happens in the Afterlife?"

Offline Blaze

• Cloak maker to Wizards.
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2007, 11:35:59 PM »
Dunno if this counts:  Hi, My name is Pam Parisi, and I have written museum exhibits and brochures on historic sites.  I also have written  National Register of Historic Places Nominations, Plumbing Codes, Planning and Zoning Codes, and Recycling Codes.  I am what you call a Technical Writer.  Tech Writing is, for me, fun and it has a challenge to it which is:  You have to write confusing things in a form which can be understood by simple people; like, oh, elected officials, and plumbers.  And you need to write museum script in short but entrancing snips that make visitors really take their time to look more deeply at things. 

All of these things take a lot of research, understanding of what people need from you and from the document/exhibit you produce, and an ability to form clear concise verbiage that won't make anyone run for a lawyer.

In my spare time I write poetry and fiction, some of which has been published in magazines and newsletter, but I really, really admire those of you who have published fictional works.

Chi pò, non vò; chi vò, non pò; chi sà, non fà; chi fà, non sà; e così, male il mondo va.

Offline black roses

• Participant
  • Ah... the joys of insanity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2007, 12:45:00 PM »
Mickey, you crack me up.  All right.  Everyone keeps telling me to break out of my introverted personality and put myself out there if I want to sell books.

I'm an urban fantasy writer.  I sold my first novel SUCCUBUS BLUES and two sequels last November, and it'll be published in March 2007.  It's about a succubus with romantic problems (that whole inconvenient soul-stealing thing) who investigates a creature killing immortals in Seattle.  In January, I decided to quit my teaching job and write full-time.  I started another book called DARK SWAN (title to be changed) about a shaman.  It sold in January + one sequel and won't be out until after SB#2.  All of my books rely heavily on mythology and have a campy sense of humor (my succubus' demonic boss chooses to walk around in a body that looks like John Cusack).

I'm about 2 months away from an Amazon listing.  The website in my sig will give you more on the books, plus a review from Jim himself! *swoon*

I had to learn a lot about the publishing world to get here, so I'm happy to answer any questions folks have.

Yeah, I met you at RT Houston. The book is really good.
"All the good little ninjas should be in bed, visions of homicidal sugarplums dancing in their heads.”

"You can tell, on account of how everything keeps existing." ~ Bob

"It is better to debate a question without answering it than to answer a question without debating it."

Offline Kathleen Dante

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • Kathleen Dante | Erotic Romance Author
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2007, 09:14:06 PM »
I write paranormal erotic romance. I currently have two books in print with Berkley Heat (ENTANGLED and ENTICED), and two novellas in Kensington Aphrodisia's WILD NIGHTS and SEXY BEAST II anthologies. I'm currently working on my next two books for Berkley; in fact, I'm just putting the finishing touches to DREAMWALKER.

Argh! I have difficulty talking about myself especially on a board that's for another author's books.  ::) Anyway, I've been reading Jim since Storm Front was first released in 2000.

For more info about me, you can visit my website www.kathleendante.com

Kath
DREAMWALKER - Available now from Berkley Heat
ENDANGERED - Available now from Berkley Heat
http://www.kathleendante.com

Offline Drew

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • www.DrewHenriksen.com
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2007, 11:57:50 PM »
Argh! I have difficulty talking about myself especially on a board that's for another author's books. 
 www.kathleendante.com

Kath

We do it all the time!

Offline Mickey Finn

• Encyclopedia Salesman at the Gates of Mordor --- http://tinyurl.com/Amazon-Page-for-Finn
  • White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Moderator, Thematic Consultant for Comic
    • View Profile
    • Amazon Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2007, 06:13:51 PM »
Wait, Richelle was HERE and didn't ...was she here Weds? She missed dinner!
We are not nouns. We are VERBS. -Stephen Fry
The Universe is made of stories, not of atoms. -Muriel Rukeyser

Podcast: http://thegentlemennerds.com/

Wormwood Mysteries:
"All The Pretty Little Horses" http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00W8FE3FS 
"Sign of the Times" http://tinyurl.com/DirtyMagick

Offline Spectacular Sameth

• Posty McPostington
  • At least 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat.
    • View Profile
    • Dragon City
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2007, 11:38:09 PM »
I don't know if this counts, but I was published in a city wide literary magazine. I got runners up in a short story contest. (Fourth Place is better than no place, I figure...)

Offline Blaze

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2007, 11:48:32 PM »
Sameth, certainly that counts!  Short stories are an important part of literature.
Chi pò, non vò; chi vò, non pò; chi sà, non fà; chi fà, non sà; e così, male il mondo va.

Offline Spectacular Sameth

• Posty McPostington
  • At least 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat.
    • View Profile
    • Dragon City
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2007, 12:03:23 AM »
I meant since it was only a city wide thing.

Offline Drew

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • www.DrewHenriksen.com
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2007, 12:58:04 AM »
Only a city?  That's pretty good.  How many people can say the same thing?

Offline Blaze

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2007, 02:59:38 AM »
Yes, I think it is impressive.  Published in a magazine is published.  It is more published than I feel any of my stuff has been!

Offline MRSellars

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2007, 02:14:54 PM »
I've been visiting here for a while, but only just now registered. Haven't had much time to post on forums. However, since this particular message area is here, I suppose I should seize the opportunity to introduce myself.

My name is Murv, but on the front of my books it says M. R. Sellars. I write an occult suspense-thriller series called the Rowan Gant Investigations, which features a modern day, practicing Witch who aids the St. Louis Major Case Squad in solving bizarre murders.

I don't want to get all blatanly self-promotional on Jim's forum, so I will leave it at that, except to say that I am currently running a monthly drawing for books on my website.  :)

If you are interested in knowing more about my series, you can check me out at www.mrsellars.com or www.myspace.com/mrsellars

Murv

Offline Cyclone Jack

• Conversationalist
  • Hallucinatin' Hack
    • View Profile
    • Market Theocracy: New & Used Gods For Sale
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2007, 10:07:24 AM »
I have sold one story, Lullaby, to The Sword Review for the princely sum of 1/2 cent per word.  I have two stories being rewritten for editors, several more making the rounds, and some complimentary, detailed and helpful rejection letters that I'm quite proud of.

My first collection (consisting of stories, essays and poetry) is entitled Symbols Flow and will be published by a very small press this fall if all goes as planned.

Onward to world domination! :D :D
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 05:30:35 AM by Cyclone Jack »
But I'm still right here,
    giving blood, keeping faith,
and I'm still right here.

-- Tool, The Patient

Market Theocracy: New & Used Gods For Sale

Offline Drew

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • www.DrewHenriksen.com
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2007, 03:15:39 PM »
Looks like my screenplay Staint Dementia will start filming next month in Ohio.  They offered me a fire burn stunt.  Hope it happens.