Author Topic: Published Author On Board  (Read 148899 times)

Offline trboturtle

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Trboturtle's writing pad
Re: Published Author On Board
« Reply #105 on: March 29, 2011, 03:25:52 PM »
Allo all :)

I'm actually in both threads for different categories, Author in Progress for the novels (curses upon thee, 72 hour work week and dodgy power/internet!) and here for a table-top RPG, of all things. Not sure if that counts, per se, but I am the writer and lead game developer (the latter against my will) for Dark Nova Games. The Dark Nova RPG comes out in May (debuting at Comicpalooza in Houston, where I'll be chained to a table next to our lead artist for the amusement of the rotten-vegetable-hurling public... kinda like the stocks for artists and authors), for which I wrote the entire setting, designed the races, most of the ships and vehicles, and wrote the four starter missions included in the main manual. Since I JUST got back CONUS and completed my last contract for a while, I have subsequently been chained to a laptop and ordered to work on the second book in the RPG series by my whip-cracking masters ..errr, bosses :D . There is no end to the torment, however, for upon completion of my work my family and friends take up their whips and demand that I finish the novels and submit them. Is there any light at the end of the tunnel? :D

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean....started as a fiction writer on the Battletech line, and gone on to some writing for an upcoming battletech product. Hope to expand beyond that soon enough.

Welcome!

Craig
Author of 25+ stories for Battlecorps.com, the official website for Battletech canon stories.
Co-author of "Outcasts Ops: African Firestorm," "Outcast Ops: Red Ice," & "Outcast Ops: Watchlist"
http://thebattletechstate.blogspot.com

Offline Breandan

• Conversationalist
  • Fear the Combat Teddy-Bear Robe!
    • View Profile
    • the Dark Nova Novels Website
« Reply #106 on: May 16, 2011, 01:58:17 AM »
Aaaaaaaaaaaand I finally officially published :D the RPG hit the printers last night, publisher should have it out in two weeks :)
"You know, the sad part is, that whole Combat Teddy Bear Robe incident was done while sober... *facepalm* "

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 16, 2011, 01:59:21 AM »
Congratulations Breandan - way to go.

Offline Breandan

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 31, 2011, 10:47:41 PM »
As I mentioned in the other thread, I finally got to see the finished product today... and we now have an RPG manual thicker than most college textbooks:o

Perhaps I was a bit TOO verbose, since my writing- the setting and descriptions- takes up 2/3rds of the book :D
"You know, the sad part is, that whole Combat Teddy Bear Robe incident was done while sober... *facepalm* "

Offline Mishell

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 07, 2011, 12:33:41 AM »
I wasn't sure whether to introduce myself as an author in progress or a published author.  I've yet to publish a novel, but have sold 4 short stories and am a member of SFWA.  You can read stories of mine here, here, and here, and the fourth one's out later this year in Electric Velocipede.  I'm in the process of writing an urban fantasy novel now, which is what brings me into Jim Butcher's orbit.  That, and I interviewed him a couple weeks ago for the Clarion Blog.

Nice to meet everyone!

Offline DragonChi

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 05, 2011, 11:38:08 PM »
My ebook is presently available on Smashwords.com and Amazon.com it will be available at most major online outlets in about two weeks and available in paperback in about 6 weeks.
Short Description of my bookWhen Rodregas survives his suicidal rebellion against an evil sorcerer, he finds himself reborn with the power of a Celestial Lion. With this second opportunity at life he chooses to redeem himself by fighting the evil sorcerers that he formerly served. Rodregas’ actions thrust him into the middle of a struggle between the Celestial Gods and the Daemons of the Infernal.
Link to ebook:http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/100628
Gil Hough
email at gilhough (at) yahoo.com
Follow on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/GilHough
Authors page on Smashwords: http://www.smashword...e/view/gilhough
Discount Couple - $1 Dollar off for CELESTIAL JUSTICE RZ99J Good through February, 01, 2012 at smashwords.com

Gil Hough
email at gilhough (at) yahoo.com
Follow on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/GilHough
Authors page Smashwords: http://www.smashword...e/view/gilhough
His Epic Fantasy novel CELSTIAL JUSTICE is available at Smashwords and Amazon.com
Discount Couple - $1 Dollar off for CELESTIAL JUSTICE

Offline Breandan

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 06, 2012, 08:45:00 PM »
One of the downsides of being a published author, book-signing hell

Stack one of the pre-ordered hard-cover books I have to sign, then an in-person signing at a game store. My hand is going to fall off! Jim, how do you do it?  :o

Offline LDWriter2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Musings of L.E.
« Reply #112 on: May 28, 2012, 01:44:21 AM »
I'm in Mishell's category even though I have only one story published in  "Strange New World's 10". A Star Trek contest anthology. Fourth best story in the book.

http://www.amazon.com/Strange-New-Worlds-Star-Trek/dp/1416544380/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1209012784&sr=1-1

Hmm, can't figure out how to rename the link.
Working on Turning Lead into Gold

Offline Wordmaker

• Conversationalist
  • Paul Anthony Shortt
    • View Profile
    • Paul Anthony Shortt's Blog
« Reply #113 on: August 27, 2012, 11:44:59 AM »
I guess I'm promoted now from the Author In Progress thread to this one!

My first novel, Locked Within, is availble to pre-order now on Amazon.

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
  • With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 04, 2012, 08:02:42 PM »
One of the downsides of being a published author, book-signing hell

Stack one of the pre-ordered hard-cover books I have to sign, then an in-person signing at a game store. My hand is going to fall off! Jim, how do you do it?  :o
But they are so pretty! 
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell
Photo from Avatar.com by the Domestic Goddess

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
  • With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 04, 2012, 08:03:51 PM »
I wasn't sure whether to introduce myself as an author in progress or a published author.  I've yet to publish a novel, but have sold 4 short stories and am a member of SFWA.  You can read stories of mine here, here, and here, and the fourth one's out later this year in Electric Velocipede.  I'm in the process of writing an urban fantasy novel now, which is what brings me into Jim Butcher's orbit.  That, and I interviewed him a couple weeks ago for the Clarion Blog.

Nice to meet everyone!
Welcome! And of course it counts!
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell
Photo from Avatar.com by the Domestic Goddess

Offline LDWriter2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Musings of L.E.
« Reply #116 on: September 09, 2012, 11:58:26 PM »
Way too long since I was here...too busy writing.   :D

Now all the way down to the bottom.   

I got a HM, no pay but they published it. Had to describe a color in 50 words or less.

Blue Home

I can see why the first place got First  but not the third place story...it seems on the same level as the three HMs.
Working on Turning Lead into Gold

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
  • Persuasion is the key to success.
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
« Reply #117 on: September 14, 2012, 07:19:28 PM »
In honor of the release of my second book Admiral's Gambit.  I'm availing of the amazon free promo for Book 1: Admiral Who?

So get Admiral Who? while its free.  I know you'll be hooked!  I've given away over 300 free copies in the last 12 hours.

The Deposed King

Admiral Who?:
http://www.amazon.com/Admiral-Spineward-Sectors-Novel-ebook/dp/B007WQSY44/ref=la_B008VO5354_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1347519502&sr=1-1

Admiral's Gambit:

http://www.amazon.com/Admirals-Gambit-Spineward-Sectors-ebook/dp/B0099RQCHU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1347499090&sr=8-3&keywords=admiral%27s+gambit

Proverbs 22:7, "The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is slave of the lender"

The Deposed King (a member of baen's bar)

Offline LizW65

• Posty McPostington
  • Better Red than dead...
    • View Profile
    • elizabethkwadsworth.com
« Reply #118 on: September 22, 2012, 02:05:04 PM »
Got my first royalty payment from Amazon today--a whopping 17 bucks! :)
"Make good art." -Neil Gaiman
"Or failing that, entertaining trash." -Me
http://www.elizabethkwadsworth.com

Offline tuttman1234

• Needs A Life
  • King of Glomps *glompsyoujustby readingthisglomp*
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 22, 2012, 05:50:37 PM »
Got my first royalty payment from Amazon today--a whopping 17 bucks! :)

Woo Hoo!! Time to start shopping for boats and such!
Flower gleam and glow, let your power shine. Make the clock reverse, bring back what once was mine. Heal what has been hurt, change the fates design. Save what once was lost, bring back what once was mine, what once was mine.

For Mdodd. Rest in peace friend.

Drip, Drip, Drop.