Linked Events

• Signing: Houston, TX: April 07, 2008

Author Topic: Signing: Houston, TX, on April 7th  (Read 16698 times)

Offline Helen™

• Seriously?
  • Putting on the BOOTS!
    • View Profile
Re: Signing: Houston, TX, on April 7th
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2008, 12:35:39 AM »
I was there, right in the front row, and I can tell you that he thought it was way cool that Wolfhowls had him sign the birthday card (and he liked the card too) and it was totally his idea to 'backdate' the book a couple of days. He just adds the year in most signatures.  He's really just the nicest guy you can imagine.

Stitch

This is what I hear, and what he did for my child seems to bear that out.  Given he's becoming one of the most popular writers, it's nice to see he's human, too.  We really appreciate it.  And of course, we both adore Randall.  He's a sweetheart.

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
  • With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2008, 04:22:06 PM »
Hummm does that mean he'll get penalized for it on the vile thread????   :-)

You are the best Wolfhowls AND Helen you are too for planning such a special treat for Hawthorn..

Hugs to all!  (including Jim!)
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell
Photo from Avatar.com by the Domestic Goddess

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2008, 05:48:02 PM »
Priscellie, when you see him this weekend, give him a big kiss and thank you from us, will you?

I don't think he's comfortable with being kissed by fans, but I'll give him a bag of the Hershey's variety. :D

If Daoine's hubby "won Christmas" with his shield bracelet, you, Randall, and Jim have won birthdays.

Offline Helen™

• Seriously?
  • Putting on the BOOTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2008, 06:16:19 PM »
I don't think he's comfortable with being kissed by fans, but I'll give him a bag of the Hershey's variety. :D

If Daoine's hubby "won Christmas" with his shield bracelet, you, Randall, and Jim have won birthdays.

No problem.  I understand completely.  The "We're not worthy" scene from "Wayne's World" will work just as well.  Don't forget to take a picture.

I think Randall and Jim get most of the credit here, but thank you.

Hummm does that mean he'll get penalized for it on the vile thread????   :-)

You are the best Wolfhowls AND Helen you are too for planning such a special treat for Hawthorn..

Hugs to all!  (including Jim!)

I've been running on the "Vote for me because I'm nice" platform, so yeah, I think it puts a crimp in his campaign technique.  Gee, what a shame.