Linked Events

• Signing: Seattle, WA: April 01, 2008

Author Topic: Signing: Seattle, WA on April 1st  (Read 16339 times)

Offline Scooby-fan

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Signing: Seattle, WA on April 1st
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2008, 06:35:47 PM »
Nice pictures!  Thanks for sharing them.   :) 
"Laugha while you can, monkey boy!" -Lord Whorfin

Are you a Rock Band addict too?  on XBox I'm: hunter24x7

Offline Murphy's Stunt Double

• Needs A Life
  • Tiny... but fierce!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2008, 09:43:51 PM »
Yous is one nasty lady, MSD  I hope your daughters got you good for April Fool's Day.  A disk finally showed up for my computer.  here's crossing my fingers that it works.  How do we check into your broadcast interview with Jim?

Sorry, Meg - Daughters didn't get me, and Jim won't be on the show this time around. The fact is, he's quite the hot property and my show is really new... (read no track record yet.) But my goal is by next time he releases a book, to be big enough to be a blip on the radar, ya know? That would be one awesome interview!
If you are up to no good, please do no good for me too, okay?   ;D

Offline Dread Pirate Sayessa

• Posty McPostington
  • Did the cow creamer tell you that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2008, 02:17:05 PM »
I saw her painting last time too -I sat near her.  Wasn't it great?! But I didn't have a camera at that time...  Sheesh!  Last time = brain + no camera.  This time = camera + no brain.  Maybe next time I'll get it right!   :-[

Jeez, maybe I even sat near you too!   ;)  I remember talking to a nice couple who told me about Kim Harrison's Dead Witch Walking series.  If you guys are out there, thanks!  I'm enjoying the series!   :)

I was in the front row last time, second one in.  The pics are back somewhere in this thread.   :)
I ATE'NT DEAD

I still think 40-50 degrees Fahrenheit is "wintertime"
Thanks, SoCal.

Offline xenox

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2008, 06:14:50 PM »
Hey kids-- I DID get a pic of the awesome Thomas painting (mind you in My mind he looks a bit more like Anthony Kledis of the "Red Hot Chilli Peppers" but without the ink :)  )  So if anyone wants me to post it, let me know.   She's a HELL of an artist.

I LOVED how Jim just dove into questions (I was the one who asked the "what MMO do you play" one).. it was enjoyable.  We'll go next year for sure. 

and of course I LOOOVED the book.. but I don't reallly wish to wait for # 11 now

Eric

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2008, 06:31:52 PM »
Please post it, Xenox!

Offline Scooby-fan

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2008, 03:54:36 AM »
I was in the front row last time, second one in.  The pics are back somewhere in this thread.   :)

I think I was in the front row last time too.  I was originally a little bit on the left (while facing JB) but then when they brought in more chairs, I ended up almost dead center.  I lucked out!   ;D  Last year was kind of a blur to me but I know I was wearing shorts and a backpack style purse with a pink peeps bunny on it.

I didn't see your pictures from last year in this thread.  Am I missing something?

BTW, you mentioned "the move".  Are you living elsewhere right now?

Offline Scooby-fan

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2008, 04:01:33 AM »
Hey kids-- I DID get a pic of the awesome Thomas painting (mind you in My mind he looks a bit more like Anthony Kledis of the "Red Hot Chilli Peppers" but without the ink :)  )  So if anyone wants me to post it, let me know.   She's a HELL of an artist.

I LOVED how Jim just dove into questions (I was the one who asked the "what MMO do you play" one).. it was enjoyable.  We'll go next year for sure. 

and of course I LOOOVED the book.. but I don't reallly wish to wait for # 11 now

Eric

I second the motion!  Please do post the picture, xenox!  Pretty please!

I guess you were towards the back then.  I was in the front and asked about "he who walks behind" and if we'd see Susan again.  (And again, I was wearing shorts and the backpack purse with the pink peeps bunny.)    ;D

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2008, 03:09:00 PM »
I think I was in the front row last time too.  I was originally a little bit on the left (while facing JB) but then when they brought in more chairs, I ended up almost dead center.  I lucked out!   ;D  Last year was kind of a blur to me but I know I was wearing shorts and a backpack style purse with a pink peeps bunny on it.

I didn't see your pictures from last year in this thread.  Am I missing something?

BTW, you mentioned "the move".  Are you living elsewhere right now?

D'oh!  I meant the Jim on Tour Pics thread!  *is a dork*

I was originally in the second row on the left side but moved up to the first row, last two seats on the left when everyone moved over to the new chairs.  Man, we probably were REALLY close and I never noticed...  I missed everyone from the forum, since we didn't think of a clever way to ID each other.

I did indeed move--I'm in Germany for the next three years.  I'm in the Air Force.
I ATE'NT DEAD

Thanks, SoCal.

Offline Scooby-fan

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2008, 02:49:40 AM »
D'oh!  I meant the Jim on Tour Pics thread!  *is a dork*

I was originally in the second row on the left side but moved up to the first row, last two seats on the left when everyone moved over to the new chairs.  Man, we probably were REALLY close and I never noticed...  I missed everyone from the forum, since we didn't think of a clever way to ID each other.

I did indeed move--I'm in Germany for the next three years.  I'm in the Air Force.

Double d'oh!  I was looking in the archive area but couldn't find your pictures.  Then I looked at your message again and found them.  Thanks for posting them!  I love your jazz hands picture!

I also looked at some of the video from last year and realized that my friend who was sitting right next to me is in the video!  I emailed her the link and she got a good laugh.  What a small world, huh?

Well, last year I wasn't on here (JB Forum) so you wouldn't have known to look for me.  And I guess you won't likely be here for another three years... poor you!  :'(  I feel your pain!

Well, being in the Air Force, at least we can send you stuff for relatively cheap.  Are you missing anything from around here?

Offline Scooby-fan

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2008, 02:54:52 AM »
I just thought of something...maybe someone with some artistic talent could make up a cool tag size file that we could print out with our user name on it for next year.  Whadda ya think?  Any volunteers?  Not me, I can barely draw well enough to play Cranium!   :P

Offline Scooby-fan

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2008, 03:15:35 AM »
Hey Sayessa, I just realized that a little part of me is in your first crowd picture!  On the far left there are two blonds and then a tiny bit of a black haired person with a white headband (has a little bow on it).  That's the top of my head.  Yep, I'm Murphy short.   :)  Too bad I didn't know you then.  We were sitting pretty close together.

Offline xenox

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2008, 04:35:04 AM »
Hi Folks,

Sorry it took me so long to get this picture of the tremendous picture of Thomas out and posted, note Jim’s head in the lower left!

Eric

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2008, 08:00:59 AM »
Hey Sayessa, I just realized that a little part of me is in your first crowd picture!  On the far left there are two blonds and then a tiny bit of a black haired person with a white headband (has a little bow on it).  That's the top of my head.  Yep, I'm Murphy short.   :)  Too bad I didn't know you then.  We were sitting pretty close together.

I knew I should have been more sociable, but alas I suffer from shyness.  There were just too many people there to try and get an informal chat going.  Chatting with the artist lady was about as far as I got!

Maybe I'll make it to the States next signing...  I can hope anyway.
I ATE'NT DEAD

Thanks, SoCal.

Offline Scooby-fan

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2008, 09:02:06 PM »
Hey xenox -thanks for posting the painting!  Nice picture!