Linked Events

• ConDFW 2009: February 20, 2009 - February 22, 2009

Author Topic: ConDFW in Richardson, TX: Feb 20-22, 2009  (Read 97479 times)

Offline Wolfhowls

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: ConDFW in Richardson, TX: Feb 20-22, 2009
« Reply #150 on: February 15, 2009, 06:54:40 AM »
Hey did I mention I wanted to be at the dinner!!!
"MY GOD!  HE'S INSANE!  Thank God I'm helpless!"
Bloo: >w< WH is that crazy comic book character that no one really questions, in fear that their own safety will be what is questioned next.

Offline Spectacular Sameth

• Posty McPostington
  • At least 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat.
    • View Profile
    • Dragon City
« Reply #151 on: February 15, 2009, 07:33:36 AM »
No, I didn't mean it like that. The part you quoted, I was joking.  (I need to learn to use more emoticons, I guess.) The part about the panel was more of my lack of interest rather than me degrading it. I apologize for that. And I am apologizing for it rather than you taking it the wrong way. (Though I can't honestly say that sounds much better, either.)

If you will notice, I was a bit more optimistic about it after I realized I would have more time than I had previously thought. I was only down on the other panelists because I was upset...not saying that's a good excuse, but...well...

I will understand if you do not wish to run into me at the con. My comments were in poor taste and no longer reflect my attitude and I do apologize.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Dragon City
« Reply #152 on: February 15, 2009, 08:02:07 AM »
This is the face of someone who is sorry (and probably the face of a target for you...):

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 15, 2009, 01:29:53 PM »
Just dial down the drama and tragedy, Sameth. I think that's all anyone's asking.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #154 on: February 15, 2009, 03:20:33 PM »
I appreciate and accept your apology, Sameth.  And I still want to meet all the forum folks in attendance, you included!  I just don't want anyone thinking I'm obligated to. 

*paints face blue and runs off screaming "FREEDOOOOOOOOOM!!!"*

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Dragon City
« Reply #155 on: February 15, 2009, 03:55:04 PM »
No! Like I said, I was joking. I need one of these:  ;D or something.

Thanks for being understanding.

Just dial down the drama and tragedy, Sameth. I think that's all anyone's asking.

Yeah, I know. I tend to overreact when I get upset...and tend to put foot in mouth. But hey! I'm trying to cut back. Look! I've got the patch. *Rolls up sleeve.*

Though...I do have to say, half of the things you've rolled your eyes and thought I was overreacting on, I was joking. Such as the picture up there. I was trying to lighten the mood.

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 15, 2009, 04:50:12 PM »
Yeah, online "conversation" has that lovely bonus of tone not being immediately apparent (although some people are so deadpan in real life that you can't tell which way they're going with something even face-to-face). Which is why I've learned to throw in the occasional "LOL!" or emoticon, 'cause my own sense of humor can be kind of rough if you don't see the big s***-eating grin. Young you are, padawan; learn you shall. :D
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline David one Mutts Friend

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 15, 2009, 05:48:28 PM »
Anyone getting to the con on Thursday afternoon or evening?

Want dinner or drinks in the bar?

I am getting in Thursday afternoon rush hour!

David

I have a Wartenburg Wheel and I know how to use it! ;)
[/quote]

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #158 on: February 15, 2009, 08:26:50 PM »
I'm getting into Dallas Thursday night, but I'll be hanging with my parents.  Sorry!

Offline David one Mutts Friend

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 15, 2009, 09:03:28 PM »
:: snickers::

Parents can be so demanding!

::howls even::

David
I have a Wartenburg Wheel and I know how to use it! ;)
[/quote]

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Dragon City
« Reply #160 on: February 15, 2009, 09:14:57 PM »
I've got school Thursday, and then when I get home, I have webcomics to work on.

Offline Vijay

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 16, 2009, 01:07:05 AM »
Please count myself and a friend in for a Saturday dinner. 
I'll be driving in from Houston Fri so if interested in dinner or whatever any other time; also, reserved an Active Suite?
  The primary reason for my first Con is Jim's panels; I second Shecky’s comment that Jim alone is worth the price of Admission.  My wife wouldn't make the trip but I was easily able to convince a writer friend to accompany me by pointing out the topics and diverse background of the panelists.  We're staying the all three days because the panelists seem knowledgeable.   After reading the panel descriptions I would’ve attended just for the education and chance at expanding interests.  That’s how I first met Jim; just stopped in at an appearance suggested by the manager.
 Was informed autographs are free but limited to three items first time through.  Later, the site posted limitations for Weber’s sessions only.

Chianacat

« Reply #162 on: February 16, 2009, 01:30:43 AM »
I hope you all have a great time at this...it sounds like a fun time!  I would love to hear Jim speak or even just see him!  (not in a stalkery way - is stalkery a word?)

Still campaining to get Jim to come to Maine!  Summer is beautiful!  I use ! way too much!

Hope lots of pic's are taken and shared...have a great time all!

Offline Dville

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 16, 2009, 07:17:56 PM »
Looking forward to sharing my first of probably many many ConDFWs with Jim! So moving to Texas isn't ALL bad I guess.  ;)

FINALLY!!!! A benefit to living in Texas, hurray!!!!

I am so going, even though its an eight hour drive. I guess when they say 'everything's bigger in Texas' they meant drive times.... sigh...

Nevertheless, I am totally excited, hurray!!!!
I am the coolest dork I know.

Offline Gman

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 17, 2009, 02:11:55 AM »
FINALLY!!!! A benefit to living in Texas, hurray!!!!

I am so going, even though its an eight hour drive. I guess when they say 'everything's bigger in Texas' they meant drive times.... sigh...

Nevertheless, I am totally excited, hurray!!!!

Never heard of and can't google Hell's Garden TX. Where is that, perhaps in the Nevernever? They do have some odd named towns such as Gun Barrel City, Trophy Club, Corral City, The Colony, Paradise, Tool and White Settlement. I have to drive around 8 miles from where I live, but I work Friday and Saturday, so I'm going to come to the Con on Sunday.