Author Topic: Question regarding the Butcher Store  (Read 7679 times)

Offline JRBobC

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Question regarding the Butcher Store
« on: February 20, 2008, 08:26:24 PM »
Just a few questions.

To "donate" money to the site, you just click on a link in the store than it gets placed in your cart.  How do you know that it worked?

Can you only do items clicked from the site as one orderer, or can you mix and match orders in your shopping cart?  An example would be I decided to purchase Furies of Calderon from the Butcher Store, but wanted free shipping so I order some other books that were not clicked from the Butcher Store.  Would the site still get the money for FoC?

Patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue, PATIENCE IS A F***ING VIRTUE.  There, now I might be able to follow it.

Regarding Cover art: "You have no control. If you’re really lucky you get an art director who will let you use Vaseline when he bends you over." -Glen Cook

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
Re: Question regarding the Butcher Store
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 08:39:32 PM »
Yep.  Basically once you click through to Amazon from the Jim Butcher store, the fact that you came from jim-butcher.com gets "attached" to your order and we get paid a commission.  So so long as you're adding those Jim Butcher books from the jim-butcher.com store page, you're doing it right.
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline JRBobC

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 02:40:23 AM »
Figured I'd reuse this thread to point out a problem with the Butcher Store.

In the Codex Alera section for the Paperback books, the link to Captain's Fury actually links to the Princep's Fury Audio CD.
Patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue, PATIENCE IS A F***ING VIRTUE.  There, now I might be able to follow it.

Regarding Cover art: "You have no control. If you’re really lucky you get an art director who will let you use Vaseline when he bends you over." -Glen Cook

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 02:52:58 AM »
Not the one I clicked on just now.

Might be a temporary glitch in the Amazon rendering of those links.
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 02:59:14 AM »
Spoke too soon.  The Amazon code is DEFINITELY freaking out.  Not sure what to do about it, other than wait for it to stop.
Fred Hicks

Offline JRBobC

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2008, 03:43:52 AM »
It seems to be showing the correct linkage now.  But that was just Fremont University of Central Kansas weird.