Author Topic: Dresden Files Alpha Playtest Sightings  (Read 16833 times)

Offline dkfitch

• Lurker
    • View Profile
    • Passarola
Re: Dresden Files Alpha Playtest Sightings
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2008, 01:31:02 PM »
Information about the OmegaCon playtest (Birmingham, AL) is trickling out on my LJ account http://johnpaul613.livejournal.com/.  I've got a full time job and 5 kids (3 recently adopted from Ukraine) so I'm not as quick or as verbose as some of the other playtest groups.  It went very well even for the majority of players who were interested mainly in the setting rather than a specific rules set.  I'm getting through the characters and will move on to my thoughts about the rules test over the next few days.

BTW, are you local to Bham?  If so, I'm looking for a few more players (not only for Dresden).  Drop a comment over on my LJ if your interested.

Thanks for the info! Sounds cool so far. And congrats for getting that much done--sounds like you have your hands full!

Donna

Offline Robert Bohl

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2008, 06:21:04 PM »
I did a separate post on this here forum for this, but I have an SOTC interview with Fred & Rob on my podcast, in which there's a good deal of DFRPG stuff too.

Offline Robert Bohl

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2008, 04:13:22 PM »
I posted on my LJ about character creation for my Dresden Files game.

Offline R00kie

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • Whirly Waffles
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2008, 05:18:15 PM »
I posted on my LJ about character creation for my Dresden Files game.

I'm really curious about the Specializations and Foci for Wizards and how its handled. I'll be keeping a close eye on this Live Journal to see how these three wizards shape up. Thanks for posting. Its always nice to see where the game is going.

If you get round to playing them, please post again. I'm curious to know if they all feel like individuals given that they will all have the same stunts.

Also some nice aspects there. I particularly like: Faux Demon Slayer but I'm curious - does this mean hes a fake slayer or that he slays imitation demons?

Cheers,

R00kie

Offline SaintAndSinner

• Conversationalist
  • Dresden Files Playtester (Bleeding Alpha)
    • View Profile
    • A Saint And A Sinner
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2008, 07:09:31 PM »
The characters used for the playtest are out.  You know you want to see them...   ;D

http://johnpaul613.livejournal.com
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 07:11:55 PM by SaintAndSinner »
"Before you speak, it is necessary for you to listen, for God speaks in the silence of the heart."
Blessed Mother Teresa, Ora Pro Nobis

Offline SaintAndSinner

• Conversationalist
  • Dresden Files Playtester (Bleeding Alpha)
    • View Profile
    • A Saint And A Sinner
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2008, 07:16:08 PM »
I'm really curious about the Specializations and Foci for Wizards and how its handled. I'll be keeping a close eye on this Live Journal to see how these three wizards shape up. Thanks for posting. Its always nice to see where the game is going.

If you get round to playing them, please post again. I'm curious to know if they all feel like individuals given that they will all have the same stunts.

I think you're on the right trail.  The Aspects, Skill levels, Specializations, Foci, Rotes, etc will (hopefully) give each wizard a different feel.
"Before you speak, it is necessary for you to listen, for God speaks in the silence of the heart."
Blessed Mother Teresa, Ora Pro Nobis