Author Topic: 2008 Tour and Convention Appearances!  (Read 28063 times)

Wolfhowls

Re: 2008 Tour and Convention Appearances!
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2008, 09:15:34 PM »
All this talk about BBQ makes me want to drive to Pappas BBQ down the road.

Offline Stars and Stones

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2008, 03:51:03 AM »
Sorry to jump in on the bbq discussion ;), but I was wondering if there is a specific day that Jim is going to be at Madicon.

Btw, Virginia bbq is the best- tomato based is the way to go.
Discretion is the better part of not getting exsanguinated.

Offline wilson

• Lurker
  • Vincit qui se vincit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2008, 04:04:11 PM »
Just read that Jim will becoming to Polaris in Toronto Ontario.  Anyone know how busy the convention gets and how $$$ it is.

Thanks

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
  • With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2008, 04:16:13 PM »
Free time in Seattle?.... Absolutely MUST go see the new downtown public library...  On Time Mags top 10 list of notable buildings. (For KC fans---yes your new addition to the art center made the list as well!)  The library is glass and tilted, as I remember like a cube. The area carpets make you feel like you are floating in virtual space.  Take the elevator to the top and walk down. 

this is definitely worth the trip!  I've done a lot of sight seeing in the area--but the library just blew me away.  added benefit is that it's free.   ;D
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell
Photo from Avatar.com by the Domestic Goddess

Offline Highlander_II

• Conversationalist
  • There can be only one!
    • View Profile
    • Highlander II's Medium-sized Kingdom
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2008, 11:33:32 PM »
Sorry to jump in on the bbq discussion ;), but I was wondering if there is a specific day that Jim is going to be at Madicon.

Btw, Virginia bbq is the best- tomato based is the way to go.

If he does that one like he does most others, he'll be there for all 3 days.  Of course, any and all of that could change at a moment's notice and 'things' happen.

Dreamland BBQ (I went to the one in Norcross, GA) has some of the best BBQ ever!  But, I was raised on that good NC bbq - based w/ the vinegar! :)

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2008, 12:05:21 AM »
*snerks*  If Jim actually eats all the food we're trying to push on him, his belly will be so full he won't be able to reach the keyboard. :D

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2008, 04:41:58 PM »
The man does need a little meat on him. ;D

But he can put it away - did you not see him absolutely house that burger at the PhauxCon dinner (when we let him not talk for a minute, that is)? ;)
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline EvilAimes

• Participant
  • Fairies and honey, moths and flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2008, 09:45:28 PM »
Of COURSE Jim is going to be in Houston three days before I am, and only there for ONE day.

I can't get them to move the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer to the previous weekend, so I can fly in earlier from Boston...

I'm just going to sit over here and pout ALOT. >:( :'(
Fairies and honey, moths and flame- Harry

Slowly slowly catchy monkey- Eddie Izzard- Sexie

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
  • With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2008, 11:05:11 PM »
but best wishes on the AVON WALK for breast cancer. 

You know if you call the store where the signing is going on, I bet they'd get you a signed copy and hold it for you to pick up when you do get in. 
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell
Photo from Avatar.com by the Domestic Goddess

Offline Stars and Stones

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2008, 03:32:17 AM »

If he does that one like he does most others, he'll be there for all 3 days.  Of course, any and all of that could change at a moment's notice and 'things' happen.

Dreamland BBQ (I went to the one in Norcross, GA) has some of the best BBQ ever!  But, I was raised on that good NC bbq - based w/ the vinegar! :)

Thanks Highlander! I think my lil sis is going to get a surprise visit that happens to coincide with those 3 days ;D
Discretion is the better part of not getting exsanguinated.

Offline Vegetaman

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2008, 07:02:01 AM »
Man, I'd really like to be able to make it to the St. Louis or Chicago booksignings. I live between both of them.

Offline Psychomancer

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2008, 07:16:02 AM »
Perhaps I'm overstepping the bounds of this thread, but what's MileHiCon like?  It's the only place Jim will be this year that I even have a hope of reaching (I live in Salt Lake City, UT.)  I mean, I've met authors I like before, and I have no illusions that Jim and I will become bestest, bestest buddies when we meet.  So what the rest of the show like?  My friends all like to go to Nan Desu Kan in Denver, and I tagged along one year- it seemed like a cool city.  But my con experiences in the past have been less than stellar.  What makes this one good? 
Corruption's a lot of fun.  Are you sure you don't want to try it?

Offline Stitch

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2008, 01:47:32 AM »
Mickey, are there any plans for a get together in Houston like we did last year?

Stitch
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Offline Hel_TCW

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2008, 08:22:06 PM »
Totally agree with the requests for Jim to venture further out into the world!!!!!
My hubby suggests that as him and cars don't seem to mix  all that well, why doesn't he catch the train to New York and then the QEII boat to the UK??? This way he'd get a couple of days peace and quiet to do some more writing  ;D :D :D :LOL:

And if the UK ain't a possibility (which is a shame, I know!!!) then any chance that he'll be at San Diego ComicCon this year??? Only cos some friends of mine are going and they could grab us an autorgraph, of course!!!

If not, then a girl can dream.

Huge hugs to all of ya,

Hel :)

Offline Gman

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2008, 06:18:21 AM »
I wish Jim would come to Dallas. Houston is nearly 5 hours away. Texas is a really big state. Jim went to Houston last tour. Please spread the tour cities around. Like Bob said about Dallas, they have some world class Men's Clubs. They also have great Steaks, Tex-Mex, and BBQ.