The Dresden Files > DF Spoilers

Pyrofuego

(1/4) > >>

Yuillegan:
So, according to a reddit comment I found, Jim has apparently said that Harry's Pyrofuego spell in Grave Peril, the spell that ignites the canopy of the roof above him and creates tendrils of nearly-living fire that grab and burn vampires, the spell that stopped his heart and nearly killed him - that spell, is apparently not a death curse, but actually something that will be revealed at the end of the Dresden Files (not the BAT).

I had never considered it before, but that spell is unlike any spell Harry or any other wizard has cast. Similar to Fiendfyre in Harry Potter (or whatever that spell Grindelwald uses in the Crimes of Grindelwald movie), it creates physics defying fire. Fire that can "grab" a being, and annihilate them. Harry, to my knowledge, has never made fire that hot or fire that did more than physics allowed it to (let's leave any Soulfire or Hellfire out for now).

So what do we think happened?

My personal view is that it Harry was tapping into his Starborn power, perhaps his "Destroyer" nature that has been hinted at several times. I have often wondered if Harry's Destroyer nature is similar to Foo Dogs in that he is a focal point of chaos that changes the course of the universe around him in unpredictable and destructive ways. Similar to how Mouse can affect the probability of things to be good and wholesome and work out, and how Ash (My Shadow) can do the opposite.

But now I wonder if some of it is more direct? Just how Harry burned a non-physical being like He Who Walks Behind at a Gas station. Yes, fire is destructive even without magic to magical beings. But we also know that Outsiders are nearly impossible to affect, magically or otherwise. But Starborn have a special power that actually allows them to hurt the being on the other end of the Outsider, the thing that is reaching into the universe through it's avatars e.g. the Cornerhounds are simply the "fingers" of a being reaching into the Dresden universe. It can't manifest fully, so it creates avatars in order to interact with the universe. Normally, this is excellent protection against beings of that universe because the being outside the universe is insulated from any real pain or damage. But Starborn have the ability to actually reach through that connection between the avatar and the original being, and actually cause them real pain and damage. Perhaps even kill them.

So, does anyone have a link to Jim saying that Harry's spell is more than it seems? And what do we think about it?

g33k:

--- Quote from: Yuillegan on May 07, 2024, 12:35:58 AM --- So, according to a reddit comment I found, Jim has apparently said ...
--- End quote ---

Did this redditor cite their source, or provide an exact quote?
Because you can make any claim you want online...

Jim says that in Twelve Months, we will learn that Harry's starborn powers tap into a deep-Nevernever realm called Equestria, and he will summon a steed named Tirek Rainbow Lord to ride into battle, who will trounce Mab's unicorn.

Prove me wrong!
 ;D

Mira:

--- Quote from: g33k on May 07, 2024, 03:58:40 AM ---Did this redditor cite his source, or provide an exact quote?
Because you can make any claim you want online...

Jim says that in Twelve Months, we will learn that Harry's starborn powers tap into a deep-Nevernever realm called Equestria, and he will summon a steed named Tirek Rainbow Lord to ride into battle, who will trounce Mab's unicorn.

Prove me wrong!
 ;D

--- End quote ---
Cool.... 8)  I hope it is a tall horse, with Harry's long legs we don't want to see his heels dragging on the ground! ::)

kel0700:
Jim said it during an interview. It's on YouTube the youtuber is Jr Carrel, the video is called Exclusive interview with Jim butcher: unveiling the magic behind the dresden files. It's at the 1:22:34 mark

g33k:

--- Quote from: kel0700 on May 07, 2024, 07:18:18 PM --- Jim said it during an interview. It's on YouTube the youtuber is Jr Carrel, the video is called Exclusive interview with Jim butcher: unveiling the magic behind the dresden files. It's at the 1:22:34 mark
--- End quote ---

Thank you!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version