Author Topic: Ruby Waystone ...  (Read 2013 times)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: Ruby Waystone ...
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2023, 04:14:11 PM »
I think Jim has said that a minority of the Council thinks it's "proof of evil"  but most of them are bemusedly going, "wait... was he just clueless and stupid?  And lucky?  That looks an awful lot like lucky and clueless.  And stupid.  I think it was ... just lucky and stupid!  And clueless!"

(of the members who are, themselves, clued-in to the island; which AIUI most of the Council actually are not)

That's Harry's problem, those who "actually understand," believe Harry was, just lucky or unlucky depending on how you want to look at it, stupid, and careless, but at the same time think he can handle the job? Now there is a contradiction for you! ??? They are in the minority of the Senior Council and though influential are not as loud as the minority that thinks it proves that Harry is evil or has evil intentions, and half of them only think this because Harry scares the crap out of them.. The minority who can actually speak up for Harry usually miss Council meetings, so the second minority usually carries the day with the rest of the Council. Result Harry is kicked out of the Council and it looks like if there isn't a death warrant out for him, there soon will be.

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2023, 04:27:09 PM »
Off topic, but I just wanted to say, that every time I read this topic, I wonder: who the hell is this Ruby Waystone they are talking about?

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2023, 04:05:02 AM »
... who the hell is this Ruby Waystone they are talking about?

A relative of Dorothy, from Wizard of Oz.
She tap-dances, an entertainer in the train of any of several fae nobles.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2023, 11:38:38 AM »
A relative of Dorothy, from Wizard of Oz.
She tap-dances, an entertainer in the train of any of several fae nobles.

Related by marriage actually, to Dorothy's Uncle Waystone, who was Auntie Em's grandmother's brother, George.. ::)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2023, 06:22:07 PM by Mira »

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2023, 03:16:05 PM »
... it looks like if there isn't a death warrant out for him, there soon will be.

Doubtful... they are, I think, somewhat hoist upon their own petard:  having kicked Harry out of the WC, they've given up their claim on him; now "Winter Knight" is his primary supernatural status.

At this point, trying to issue a death warrant on the WK could easily be construed as a declaration of war against WInter.  I am quite certain that none of the Senior Council (with the possible exception of Cristos) would be willing to risk a war against Winter (and the entirety of the WC (not just the Senior, but the general membership)) remembers the terrors of the Rampire War (and recognizes that a war against Winter would be far, far worse).

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2023, 06:23:36 PM »
Doubtful... they are, I think, somewhat hoist upon their own petard:  having kicked Harry out of the WC, they've given up their claim on him; now "Winter Knight" is his primary supernatural status.

At this point, trying to issue a death warrant on the WK could easily be construed as a declaration of war against WInter.  I am quite certain that none of the Senior Council (with the possible exception of Cristos) would be willing to risk a war against Winter (and the entirety of the WC (not just the Senior, but the general membership)) remembers the terrors of the Rampire War (and recognizes that a war against Winter would be far, far worse).

Actually the Senior Council wanted it both ways.. page 372 Battle Ground
"Doesn't matter what I think," Ramirez said.  "You know how broadly they interpret the First Law.  And why it has to be that way. By unanimous vote, they have already given the Blackstaff the order to execute your death warrant, and suspended it.  If you cross the line, they'll send him."

Unanimous vote?  With at least three of the Senior Members missing? Oh just happens to be the three that would support or argue for Harry.. Anyway, their attempt to keep Harry in check, and yeah, they'd like him dead, however you are right, they don't want war with Winter, so they suspended the sentence, for now.