Other Jimness > Cinder Spires Spoilers

WarriorBorn review and discussion

(1/2) > >>

Con:
Just dropped in Australia so I just read it.

It was good.

(click to show/hide) Had a kind of Suicide Squad vibe to it.

Benedict leading 3 other convicted Warrior Born on a top secret mission in exchange for pardons
next part *is* a *major spoiler*- Fair Warning

(click to show/hide) All 3 of the other Warriorborn get killed. 2 of them were throw away characters but I liked the Noble Lady Dexter serial killer.

Benedict gets a Cat Name: Tribesaver.

I liked the Cat tribe he did save.

There was a bit of Dresdenesque in Benedicts solution. Even the same Dresden advice of when you have multiple problems you have multiple solutions. He pitted a Dragon vs Giant Worms vs Auroran Marines
Hopefully it'll last me until Olympian Affair drops.

magnuskn:
Yeah, the novella transported me instantly back to the universe. I really liked it and it was interesting to see that it is set after the first novel, with some developments already hinted at. It's only two months until the Olympian Affair drops, so this was a very good way to wet the taste.

Con:
Agreed. It helps if you count the days as so. I found out in early august when warriorborn was released about 50 days between. It's about 50 days until Olympian Affair.

Dina:
I read it, and I really liked even when the setting is something of a cliché.
A few specific, very spoilerific comments.
(click to show/hide)I really regretted the death of Lady Herrington. She was so fierce. Also I think her death was a little too noble, I would have expected her to try to save herself.
 I guess this is not the last we have seen of the other Warriorborn. He is scarred by the fat lady but he was alive last thing we saw him, and he has reason to cry revenge.
All the kitten survived! Yay! I was superhappy. And I loved the name Tribesaver. I really liked them but I wished Benedict had put them in a bag or something, instead of playing velcro suit with them.
Even when it was brief, I loved Gwen´s appearance, I like her so much.
Now, I guess the novella kickstarts the Auroran affair, as we will see the aftermath of what happened here. I am looking forward to that  :)

spiritofair:
I really enjoyed Warriorborn. I love the actor that does the audiobooks for Cinder Spires. He is very very good. I'm really excited for the Olympian Affair!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version