Author Topic: New Weird  (Read 40012 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: New Weird
« Reply #330 on: May 13, 2024, 12:19:50 AM »
Thank you, I will listen to it when I can. I am about to have dinner right now but I will try to make a better answer later.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline PilgrimDan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: May 13, 2024, 07:39:41 PM »
*drops a "Hi, how's everyone?" into Weird*

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #332 on: May 14, 2024, 11:19:16 AM »
Hello PD! All is well here, how are you?

@Regenbogen, I have not heard the song yet, but someone else told me Portugal was good.

Today is a cold morning, 5 C right now. I am not looking forward to get out. Luckily I do not need to leave home too early but today I have classes until 21:00.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 24, 2024, 08:32:49 PM »
I have a major cold, feeling miserable right now. Luckily yesterday I dictated my classes online (for reasons not relevant here). Since Wednesday I am at home. I am feeling pandemics vibe because I am not leaving home.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: May 28, 2024, 01:18:37 PM »
Oh no, Dina, I hope you are better now.
I was quite busy these days. We had water damage in one wall of the living room. It's under control now, I hope, but I needed to re-plaster almost the complete wall. It's dry now, do today we are smoothing out the edges and remove the last residues of wallpaper on the parts of wall with intact plaster. I hope I will finish painting this evening, so we will be able to use the room on Thursday for my birthday. It is going to be rainy that day, so we will need to eat the cake inside.

Something happened to me yesterday, that I never thought would happen ever: I ran out of coffee! LOL.

My "baby" cousin is getting married this year.  So we'll have a wedding in a few months.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #335 on: Yesterday at 03:28:57 AM »
I am better, thank you, but I am still not completely right. It is simply too cold at work, but coming home feels good. The days are quite cold still but they say next week will be warmer.

I am very sorry about the water damage but I am super glad is under control now. And hopefully all will be perfect on Thurday.

Gasp! Ran out of coffee! The horror! (That happens to me sometimes because I am the one who goes to the grocery store where they sell coffee, but hubby is the one who prepares the coffee. So he is supposed to warn me when coffee is about to ran out. As you can imagine, sometimes he frogets.

One of my "baby" cousins is getting married this year too! In August. He is 30 now, but I do remember the actual baby he was. One of the most beautiful babies I've ever seen, and I am not a fan of babies. Apparently they are only planning to do a toast or something and nothing else. They are already living together, they only want to marry because it will be easier for them to relocate together (he is apparently doing a post-degree residence in Canada, at least that is the plan).
Missing you, Md