Author Topic: Nemfection  (Read 2054 times)

Offline RobReece

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Nemfection
« on: May 18, 2022, 04:05:41 PM »
Has it been determined if humans are the only ones who can be Nemfected?
If not, was Goodman Grey spending enough time around Justine that he could have been exposed?

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: Nemfection
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2022, 06:38:36 PM »
Has it been determined if humans are the only ones who can be Nemfected?
If not, was Goodman Grey spending enough time around Justine that he could have been exposed?

Maeve was infected, perhaps one could argue that it was her human half that was infected.  However she had already chosen to be Fae before that happened, also the Maulk Cat Sith was infected and there was nothing human about him.

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2022, 07:47:27 PM »
My theory is that Malks are the changeling  product of a Malk and a house cat, so definitely not human.

I think Maeve may have put the Winter whammy on Cat Sith to allow Nemesis in, the real danger of infecting one of the ladies. I also think the leansidhe/Lady is probably the highest power level that is vulnerable to Nem. Lea after being cured was given a power boost by Mab. I wonder if this was to bring her power level up to avoid re-infection, she is now second to Mab in Winter.

We have no history of the Leansidhe, we don’t know whether she was originally human, but given her proclivities she could have been a traded firstborn human child originally, and this is what she wants with Molly.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2022, 03:02:05 PM »
I think Maeve may have put the Winter whammy on Cat Sith to allow Nemesis in, the real danger of infecting one of the ladies. I also think the leansidhe/Lady is probably the highest power level that is vulnerable to Nem. Lea after being cured was given a power boost by Mab. I wonder if this was to bring her power level up to avoid re-infection, she is now second to Mab in Winter.

I don't think there is much doubt that it was Maeve that infected Cat Sith, before he got around Harry, I believe Lea was already in treatment when that happened.  Yeah, I don't think it has ever been stated, at least in the books whether or not Lea was once human.  Somehow I get the impression that she never was.

Offline RobReece

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2022, 04:23:42 PM »
Then the question would still stand, was Grey around Justine enough to have been Nemfected? or would his future starring role in his own series protect him?

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2022, 04:44:32 PM »
Always go with the plot armour.

Nemesis also goes for those in a position to manipulate events. Grey isn’t the member of a Nation, you get his personal skill set and that’s it.

Marcone is the one human Harry can now guarantee is not nemfected due to his namvaccination.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2022, 05:35:54 PM »
Then the question would still stand, was Grey around Justine enough to have been Nemfected? or would his future starring role in his own series protect him?

Who knows?   If the plot requires it, he will be.  I don't think "catching" Nemesis is like catching COVID.  I believe that Nemesis is intelligent and has it's own agenda, it infects those that serve it's purpose.   So for example, Justine was infected or more like infested, but Thomas wasn't in spite of intimate contact.  Maybe the Hunger protected him, but I doubt it.  If Thomas had been infested that fact would have come out and that wouldn't have served Nemesis.

Offline vincentric

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2022, 05:42:52 PM »
Thomas probably had some Nemesis protection if if it was only plot armor due to being a Venatori. If he were infected it would be much more of an issue in the Oblivion War but since the OlD Ones are part of the Outsider faction...

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2022, 06:06:03 PM »
Always go with the plot armour.

Nemesis also goes for those in a position to manipulate events. Grey isn’t the member of a Nation, you get his personal skill set and that’s it.

Marcone is the one human Harry can now guarantee is not nemfected due to his namvaccination.
Don't be so sure of that. Thorned Namshiel worked hand in glove with Tessa and Sexygoat-demonwhats-her-name.. Nicodemus was convinced that one of them was his very own Judas.
Could finally give a reasonable plotline excuse for Harry to wipe out Marcone. (I prefer Marcone alive, but I got tired of Harry's holier than thou attitude, while passively condoning him.. Either grow a pair, take him out and deal with the consequences, or just admit that he isn't that bad, and shut up)
The posturing becomes a bit annoying.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2022, 10:17:25 PM »
Don't be so sure of that. Thorned Namshiel worked hand in glove with Tessa and Sexygoat-demonwhats-her-name.. Nicodemus was convinced that one of them was his very own Judas.
Could finally give a reasonable plotline excuse for Harry to wipe out Marcone. (I prefer Marcone alive, but I got tired of Harry's holier than thou attitude, while passively condoning him.. Either grow a pair, take him out and deal with the consequences, or just admit that he isn't that bad, and shut up)
Heck yeah!!!! ;D

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2022, 04:16:53 PM »

I don't think Harry has condoned Marcone for some time.  They really haven't worked together since before Changes.  Yes, you can say he did in Skin Game but he really didn't have a choice in the matter because of Mab, and that final scene with him, Molly, Mab, and Marcone underscores it.  Yes, Marcone helped him in Battle Ground but again, common enemy and little choice but to accept his help.. However again in the meeting of the Accords after the battle, Harry wasn't condoning anything Marcone was doing though he acknowledged that Marcone would profit from the rebuilding of Chicago, but that is not the same as condoning. 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2022, 06:09:12 PM »
He's had a thousand chances to take him down if he could, and didn't, because he - like Harry said to Murphy - is the devil that we know. And he has limits.
Harry recognized that Chicago could do a lot worse that Marcone, and he said so. Now he has hitters savvy in the supernatural, a valkyrie bodyguard, wards, protections, allies, dealings with Mab, and he's eaten two mushrooms and a star to boot. He can't be taken down without a small scale war.
Untill White Night, Harry could've squashed him like a bug, valkyrie bodyguard or no valkyrie bodyguard, but he didn't.
Personally, I kinda like Marcone. He's tough but fair, keeps his people safe when he could, avenges them when he couldn't, and "frowns upon" dealing to kids. A socially conscious drug dealer. :D
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2022, 08:38:31 PM »
Untill White Night, Harry could've squashed him like a bug, valkyrie bodyguard or no valkyrie bodyguard, but he didn't.
Personally, I kinda like Marcone. He's tough but fair, keeps his people safe when he could, avenges them when he couldn't, and "frowns upon" dealing to kids. A socially conscious drug dealer. :D

Yeah, he could have, but it was to his benefit to use him, until Changes Marcone provided muscle when Harry needed it to take down some significant bad guys, when he couldn't get anyone else.  They were in effect using each other, Harry was doing what it took to get the job done even if it meant rubbing elbows with unsavory types. Marcone in turn was using Harry to get closer to the supernatural world, once his place was assured and Harry not all that useful, he refused to help him any longer as we saw in Changes.

Interesting mini series on Paramount + called "The Offer" about how the movie masterpiece "The Godfather" was made.. There are parallels which included getting in bed with the Mafia, and it is a story based on fact.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 01:44:55 PM by Mira »