Author Topic: Toot Toot and the dread cat Mister  (Read 8392 times)

Offline Ed0517

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Toot Toot and the dread cat Mister
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2022, 08:26:15 AM »
I don't know if Harry can beat Lara physically - Thomas bent dumbbells at Marcone's "health club". Lara might not be QUITE as strong, but that is way past human. Plus she's fester than he is, look at her in the Deeps.  Yes, he said once they were running on Demonreach and he led... but she was fllowing his lead... she didn't know exactly where he was going. When it came time to trip the trap - she passed him.

As far as scans... get someone who does not know whatever language they are in. They don't have to be illiterate. I can read and write English. Give me a chinese book, I don't know if it is on magic, nuclear physics, or a cookbook.

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2022, 10:29:41 AM »
Dyslexic not illiterate, makes it difficult for the books to read you.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2022, 10:54:51 AM »
I don't know if Harry can beat Lara physically - Thomas bent dumbbells at Marcone's "health club". Lara might not be QUITE as strong, but that is way past human. Plus she's fester than he is, look at her in the Deeps.  Yes, he said once they were running on Demonreach and he led... but she was fllowing his lead... she didn't know exactly where he was going. When it came time to trip the trap - she passed him.

As far as scans... get someone who does not know whatever language they are in. They don't have to be illiterate. I can read and write English. Give me a chinese book, I don't know if it is on magic, nuclear physics, or a cookbook.

If he gets her on Demonreach again, he can beat her with Alfred's help.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2022, 03:04:21 PM »

This is Lara, she probably would appreciate a nice beating, in the right circumstances.

Alfred would be aghast, the last time he had sex it was with a glacier and it left him with a permanent limp……

Offline Ed0517

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2022, 10:41:13 PM »

He's using magic then. Using magic in Chicago he beats her, as with Fix, on Demonreach it isn't even a fight

Offline Ed0517

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2022, 10:44:25 PM »
This is Lara, she probably would appreciate a nice beating, in the right circumstances.

I think Lara is more the kind who ADMINISTERS the beating...

Alfred would be aghast, the last time he had sex it was with a glacier and it left him with a permanent limp……

Yeah, she was a frigid bitch.... he's glad she's gone

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2022, 12:19:34 AM »
  You just have dyslexics physically scan the books in to safeguard against the contents getting into the wrong hands (that’s a reason in universe for dyslexia, it creates a small population able to handle and guard magical books without succumbing to their contents, a sort of anti-Archive) actually given the Venators that really makes sense and Lara is a Venator. Dyslexic Librarian is not an oxymoron in the Dresdenverse. 

Dyslexics are still literate, and can read/understand the contents.

But your point is well-taken, and the obvious solution is just to have a cadre of techs who scan mutually-unintelligible works.  The gal who is fluent in English scans texts in Arabic & Hebrew; the Aramaic scholar scans texts in various Chinese languages; etc etc etc.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2022, 04:05:54 AM »
Dyslexics are still literate, and can read/understand the contents.

But your point is well-taken, and the obvious solution is just to have a cadre of techs who scan mutually-unintelligible works.  The gal who is fluent in English scans texts in Arabic & Hebrew; the Aramaic scholar scans texts in various Chinese languages; etc etc etc.

Yes, but their dyslexia would prevent casual aquisition of the contents whilst undertaking the work, a firewall against books too smart for their own good trying to reconfigure into a form that they can read, even as picture books for the illiterate. Too much Pratchett.

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2022, 08:06:25 PM »

I doubt it, honestly.

I don't think (most) whamps are indiscriminately-kinky, though I expect
 A) there are similar ranges of tastes/preferences (straight/gay/bi, bdsm, etc) among whamps as among normal humans;
 B) most of the more-senior / more-powerful are at least ... "proficient" I guess? ... in virtually all modes of sexuality (and use their powers to cover any gaps)

We've never, that I recall, seen Lara imply submissiveness, nor masochism.  I don't doubt she could "go with the flow" (and Feed) if playing sub to a dominant lover, etc.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2022, 10:17:56 PM »
Lara would be in control all the time even as the supposed sub.

It’s why she wants Harry and Marcone, she can’t control either.