Author Topic: Is the White Council afraid of Harry Dresden?  (Read 5110 times)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: Is the White Council afraid of Harry Dresden?
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2022, 04:35:13 PM »
In the attack at the small store someone summoned the Walker.  The Walker was the test, but test was to see if Harry could fight back from the psychic attack. He didn't defeat the Walker he exploded the fuel tank. Butcher supports this in Peace talks during the fight in the parking garage.

Yes and no, the exploding gas tank did end HWWB's attack, but up to that point young sixteen year old scared shitless Harry Dresden wasn't exactly buckling under the Outsider psychic attack either.  Impressive since young Harry had no clue as to what or why he was being attacked.  He had no defense since he didn't know at the time that there was such a thing as a psychic attack, or how to defend himself from it.  He kept up his adolescent smart ass fall back defense act that we've all become familiar with, and it more or less worked.  We don't know how long it would have worked because HWWB decided to murder the gas station attendant, which horrified and piss young Harry off and he ignited the gas pump.   So while perhaps not definitive, whoever sent the Walker did get quite a bit of data on young star born Harry Dresden. 

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2022, 06:06:18 PM »
I don’t think we have seen an accurate or full version of these events either.

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2022, 06:08:21 PM »
Yes and no, the exploding gas tank did end HWWB's attack, but up to that point young sixteen year old scared shitless Harry Dresden wasn't exactly buckling under the Outsider psychic attack either.  Impressive since young Harry had no clue as to what or why he was being attacked.  He had no defense since he didn't know at the time that there was such a thing as a psychic attack, or how to defend himself from it.  He kept up his adolescent smart ass fall back defense act that we've all become familiar with, and it more or less worked.  We don't know how long it would have worked because HWWB decided to murder the gas station attendant, which horrified and piss young Harry off and he ignited the gas pump.   So while perhaps not definitive, whoever sent the Walker did get quite a bit of data on young star born Harry Dresden. 
We appear to agree.
I don’t think we have seen an accurate or full version of these events either.
I wouldn't argue with that.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2022, 11:52:55 PM »
I would suggest Bonea has the full version, and will exposition the hell out of it at some point in the future like a good little Talking Head.

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2022, 01:23:21 AM »
I would suggest Bonea has the full version, and will exposition the hell out of it at some point in the future like a good little Talking Head.

I suspect (rather strongly) that (just like with "real" biology & reproduction) Bonea will be 50% Lash + 50% Harry... and NOT contain 100% of either; and that the Shadow in turn only contained a tiny fraction of Lasciel's knowledge:  the info most-likely to tempt one Harry Blackstone Copperfield Dresden, the utility that would make him want more of the same.

Given that Lash had *just* promised to tell Harry about his mom & about the whole Starborn thing, that's the only bit of info that I'm (relatively) certain Bonea holds.

Next-most-likely, I think, are extra info on Outsiders, and secret/confidential info on the White Council & the Black Council, and/or any other powerful magical agents moving pieces behind the scenes.

Finally... I'm pretty certain that there's some info (info Harry would consider critical) that Lasciel never placed into her Shadow.  And, I suspect, there is some false information -- things Lash "knew" and Bonea "knows" that Lasciel implanted as explicit disinformation.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2022, 08:19:03 AM »
I suspect (rather strongly) that (just like with "real" biology & reproduction) Bonea will be 50% Lash + 50% Harry... and NOT contain 100% of either; and that the Shadow in turn only contained a tiny fraction of Lasciel's knowledge:  the info most-likely to tempt one Harry Blackstone Copperfield Dresden, the utility that would make him want more of the same.

Given that Lash had *just* promised to tell Harry about his mom & about the whole Starborn thing, that's the only bit of info that I'm (relatively) certain Bonea holds.

Next-most-likely, I think, are extra info on Outsiders, and secret/confidential info on the White Council & the Black Council, and/or any other powerful magical agents moving pieces behind the scenes.

Finally... I'm pretty certain that there's some info (info Harry would consider critical) that Lasciel never placed into her Shadow.  And, I suspect, there is some false information -- things Lash "knew" and Bonea "knows" that Lasciel implanted as explicit disinformation.
I do not think it is all that elaborate. The shadow was never meant to be active for more than a few days or at most weeks.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2022, 08:36:52 AM »
I believe there is a WOJ (referring to Bob) that Spirits of intellect inherit the full memories of both parents.

There is no way Harry even contributed one recipe for pancakes let alone 50% of them!

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2022, 11:26:36 AM »
I believe there is a WOJ (referring to Bob) that Spirits of intellect inherit the full memories of both parents.

There is no way Harry even contributed one recipe for pancakes let alone 50% of them!

I agree, Harry wouldn't, he was never a cook, Lasciel would, she had the knowledge of an angel, which she always was, fallen or not.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2022, 01:59:42 PM »
Bonea has the full memories (unbuggered around with by virtually everyone) and Lasciel.

She can be a reliable narrator and more, she can review Harry’s early memories and help him solve his fathers death, and his abduction into the foster care care system, as well as what really happened with Justin, details he has forgotten, or didn’t realise were important at the time.

Lasciel’s memories on the other hand give exposition as to the Denarians, what they really are doing. Lasciel was frantic to get Bonea, but what if it wasn’t maternal concern but instead dread that millenia long plans were being exposed? Things even Nick isn’t aware of?