Author Topic: The truth about Harry and Thomas comes out?  (Read 4977 times)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: The truth about Harry and Thomas comes out?
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2022, 07:56:28 PM »
Protecting your child gives you no special privilege.  It certainly doesn't confer on you the right to harm other innocents to protect them.  Thomas exercised his free will and made a choice.

Special privilege?  Perhaps not, but understandable, as in mitigating circumstance. 

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2022, 09:35:31 AM »
Special privilege?  Perhaps not, but understandable, as in mitigating circumstance.
With the svartalves? Not likely.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2022, 12:54:36 PM »
With the svartalves? Not likely.

That is true, but on the other hand, there is an outside chance that Molly can talk them into agreeing for political reasons.  All it means is Thomas does receive punishment for what he did, but not death.  They may even consider time served for example.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2022, 04:31:51 PM »

That is true, but on the other hand, there is an outside chance that Molly can talk them into agreeing for political reasons.  All it means is Thomas does receive punishment for what he did, but not death.  They may even consider time served for example.
Possible but that would be some loophole, reparations and/or politics. Maybe they can find some way to blame nemesis but mitigating circumstances? No.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2022, 06:51:01 PM »
Possible but that would be some loophole, reparations and/or politics. Maybe they can find some way to blame nemesis but mitigating circumstances? No.

More like blaming Nemesis for creating the situation that pressured Thomas to attempt the assassination, all of that together would be the mitigating circumstance.  Thomas is still guilty, but the charges and punishment are reduced.  The  Swartalves may also agree to it politically, because  Thomas was able to get in there in the first place is because he was having sex with their President's sister.  Remember even though Harry was living there in Molly's apartment he still had to jump through all kinds of hoops for security, but Thomas didn't.  Admitting that they were lax as far as Thomas was concerned resulting in disaster would be an embarrassment and an admission of a security failure based on preferred treatment because of Thomas's relationship with their President's sister.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2022, 08:42:19 PM »
More like blaming Nemesis for creating the situation that pressured Thomas to attempt the assassination, all of that together would be the mitigating circumstance.  Thomas is still guilty, but the charges and punishment are reduced.  The  Swartalves may also agree to it politically, because  Thomas was able to get in there in the first place is because he was having sex with their President's sister.  Remember even though Harry was living there in Molly's apartment he still had to jump through all kinds of hoops for security, but Thomas didn't.  Admitting that they were lax as far as Thomas was concerned resulting in disaster would be an embarrassment and an admission of a security failure based on preferred treatment because of Thomas's relationship with their President's sister.
Politically because of Mab and Molly. Mab wants to keep good relations with both the svartalves and the white court and I think the svartalves helping him to get his lab back is encouraging.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2022, 10:28:32 PM »
Politically because of Mab and Molly. Mab wants to keep good relations with both the svartalves and the white court and I think the svartalves helping him to get his lab back is encouraging.

Yes, I'd agree, but don't underestimate them not revealing to the world that in the case of Thomas the looked the other way when he came to have sex and as a result were blindsided when he attacked.

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2022, 04:40:35 AM »
I didn't actually want to talk about the Swartalves, but everyone else did so I'll jump in.  When I wrote the Thomas would "balance the scales" I meant just that.  I don't believe that Thomas' problem with the Swartalves will be solved by proving that Nemesis coerced him.  I suspect that Thomas will do something overt that squares his debt with the Swartalves. 

It might be something dramatic like Errol Flynn playing Robin Hood or Captain Blood.  Captain Blood is better.  Thomas comes off better as a pirate than a merry man.  Thomas saves Mr. Etri's life or the life of a family member or several Swartalves.  I'm not saying Thomas will appear as a KotC, though I suppose that could happen too.  However it happens, Thomas will do something that literally balances the scales in the Swartalves eyes.  If she's around, Mab may be impressed as well; setting up, or at least suggesting, Thomas as the next Winter Knight.       
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2022, 04:26:06 PM »
Thomas went to Demonreach for some purpose.  I have no idea what for.  It could be a way of keeping him alive in case he is needed or it could be a way of freeing him from his demon. Or it could be a way on introducing the unknown prisoner with the faux accent.

Offline vincentric

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2022, 04:41:26 PM »
I think Thomas will be needed if and when we see Papa Raith pass on. He can be set up as the leader of the White Court, returning after his masterplan with Harry and Lara reaches completion(At least that's how Jim will pass off one of Harry's messes and possibly as soon as Next Book).

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2022, 05:05:25 PM »
Thomas went to Demonreach for some purpose.  I have no idea what for.  It could be a way of keeping him alive in case he is needed or it could be a way of freeing him from his demon. Or it could be a way on introducing the unknown prisoner with the faux accent.

Harry took Thomas to Demonreach for a few reasons that I can think of.  First and foremost was to keep him alive, the second was it was the only way to buy time during a crisis where he was clearly needed elsewhere.  It was also the only possible political acceptable solution that all sides might go along with until the truth of what really happened could be sorted out and justice decided.  I think it could lead to Thomas being cured, but not at all as he was, remember Harry's vision of him in Blood Rites in the soul gaze.

It might be something dramatic like Errol Flynn playing Robin Hood or Captain Blood.  Captain Blood is better.  Thomas comes off better as a pirate than a merry man.  Thomas saves Mr. Etri's life or the life of a family member or several Swartalves.  I'm not saying Thomas will appear as a KotC, though I suppose that could happen too.  However it happens, Thomas will do something that literally balances the scales in the Swartalves eyes.  If she's around, Mab may be impressed as well; setting up, or at least suggesting, Thomas as the next Winter Knight.   

Actually I wouldn't be shocked if Thomas did end up of as a KotC.  Think about it, where is the Sword of Love located?  Tucked away safely with the rest of the Artifacts on Demonreach.  Where is Thomas?  In cold storage minimum security on Demonreach..

Here is the scenario;

Alfred informs Harry that the Hunger Demon has been removed from Thomas and will remain safely locked away with the rest of the demons and monsters.  Harry lets the now ordinary vanilla human, Thomas out of his cell.  Thomas is now the slight bespectacled human Harry saw in his soul gaze who was struggling with his Hunger Demon reflection and losing.  Thomas still loves Justine and wants to save her.  Harry calculates that the only way that she can be saved from Nemesis is with the intervention of a KotC.  Harry is still Sword custodian, still has insight and say as to who gets a Sword. Because of his love for Justine, Harry determines that Thomas should get it, the Sword lights up in agreement..  New Knight Thomas, out to save Justine and the rest of the world... ;)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2022, 09:44:57 PM by Mira »

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2022, 03:42:21 AM »
I don't believe that Thomas' problem with the Swartalves will be solved by proving that Nemesis coerced him.  I suspect that Thomas will do something overt that squares his debt with the Swartalves. 
Thomas saves Mr. Etri's life or the life of a family member or several Swartalves. 

Ah. Perhaps. Alternately, that might also be satisfied by Harry and/or Lara doing something for them (on the order of or more significant than Molly's favour in Bombshells) and requesting clemency for Thomas as their boon.

I'm not sure if Nem-Justine demanded the attack solely for the sake of its impact on Harry, or that was a two-fer on top of some particular reason for wanting Mr. Etri gone. If it's the latter, stopping her with a dramatic Starborn exorcism on Nemesis at  the last minute might fit the bill.