Author Topic: I wonder if Leah traded Harry's blood....  (Read 1778 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
I wonder if Leah traded Harry's blood....
« on: October 15, 2021, 07:33:09 PM »
When Harry was a frightened teenager, he wanted Leah to provide him the power to defeat Justin.  She basically gave him confidence but did things to make him think she was giving him power.  One of those things was draining his blood.  Blood has great power, and can be used by wizards to control you.  I'm wondering if Leah did that, and traded his blood to someone who then used it to control Dresden.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline seanham

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: I wonder if Leah traded Harry's blood....
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2021, 09:29:32 PM »
Was there something in one of their conversations that Leah told Harry all she has ever done is tried to protect Harry? Thinking she said this at one point (maybe during GS?). Either way, I feel, at the very least, Leah has always tried to protect Harry in her own way. So I don't think that she would have traded Harry's blood.

Offline vincentric

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2021, 12:48:56 AM »
Leah has had 3 deals with Harry.

One was his trade for power and that one was done when she passed it to Mab. Mab having Harry's blood wouldn't appreciably change her ability to control Harry. She already has his sworn oath.

Second was the obligation she has from Maggie Sr. to act as his godmother. That one means that she'll teach Harry as she can and protect him as she's allowed.

The last was in GS when she traded memories for info and that one was completed in book.

So the only active deal with Leah is to Harry's benefit. She might be keeping his blood to defend herself against Harry but she wouldn't give it to anyone who means to harm him. That would break faith with Maggie Sr.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2021, 10:23:09 AM »

I don't remember the blood draining part of the ritual.  I remember her tying him up in a cave, but I cannot remember the rest of it. Not saying it didn't happen, but cannot remember it.  So chapter, page, and book please so I can refresh.. I don't know that she "drained" his blood, that implies she took all of it, so what did she replace it with?

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2021, 09:29:48 PM »
Most likely it went to Mother Winter, who made Black Pudding with it.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2021, 10:54:03 PM »
Most likely it went to Mother Winter, who made Black Pudding with it.

Well, you do that with pig's blood... ::) But did Lea leave Harry down a quart?  Or did he get a transfusion and from whom?

Offline Mr. Mouse

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2021, 12:00:22 AM »

I don't remember the blood draining part of the ritual.  I remember her tying him up in a cave, but I cannot remember the rest of it. Not saying it didn't happen, but cannot remember it.  So chapter, page, and book please so I can refresh.. I don't know that she "drained" his blood, that implies she took all of it, so what did she replace it with?
Grave Peril, start of Chapter Nine
I dreamed.
The nightmare felt familiar, almost comfortable. ... The silver manacles were tight on my wrists, and I was too dizzy to keep my own balance.  I looked to the left and wright and watched my blood glide down over the manacles from were they pierced my wrists like thorns, then fall into a pair of earthen bowls set out beneath them.

Is it a nightmare based on events with extra details added by his subconscious like the dripping blood or his nightmare because it is what actually occurred?

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2021, 11:05:32 AM »

Thanks I had forgotten that.. Yeah, bits and pieces, fragments, it still could change, like Harry's memories of Elaine back in Summer Knight when Justin had her enthralled and tried to enthrall him.. That memory has changed over the books, one wonders, which is the true memory?

Offline vincentric

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2021, 12:34:41 AM »
The true memory would be the one from GS.