Author Topic: Marcone and the thorned one  (Read 4108 times)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: Marcone and the thorned one
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2021, 03:47:03 PM »
Because to their knowledge, nobody had ever resisted the temptation of a fallen. Harry being who he is was just stubborn enough to resist the call of the fallen. To the church's knowledge, harry is the first to resist the temptation. Though had Harry not had the wonderful conversation about how Lasciell's shadow was composed of Harry's fungible material it is uncertain if she would have changed... she resisted right up to the end.

So did he, he can thank Butters for telling him that Sheila wasn't there.  That is when Harry realized that Lasciel's shadow was in his head, and most likely because he is a star born, he has the brain chemistry that can both fight her influence and use her talents at the same time, ultimately causing her to fall in love with him.  Unless Marcone is also star born, I doubt this is the case.  Marcone is powerful enough in his own right as a vanilla human mob boss for Namshiel to take full advantage of, and Marcone gets all the supernatural power he has long lusted for in others, not since Nic and Andriel has there been a more perfect partnership between host and Fallen.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2021, 07:29:10 PM »
Because to their knowledge, nobody had ever resisted the temptation of a fallen. Harry being who he is was just stubborn enough to resist the call of the fallen. To the church's knowledge, harry is the first to resist the temptation. Though had Harry not had the wonderful conversation about how Lasciell's shadow was composed of Harry's fungible material it is uncertain if she would have changed... she resisted right up to the end.

Sonja, a KoTC had given up a Coin.  Others have given up a Coin.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2021, 09:01:17 PM »
Sonja, a KoTC had given up a Coin.  Others have given up a Coin.

Yes, and Harry never actually took up the coin..  However he is the first or one of the few that could resist taking up a coin once the shadow of it's Fallen had got into his or her head.

Offline Beldon

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2021, 02:56:37 PM »
yes to Michael's knowledge Harry is the only one to ever resist a fallen's shadow. Harry does remind him that the fallen eliminate the records whenever possible. There is no reason he would be the only one, just as he is likely not the only one to throw off the winter knight.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2021, 06:27:05 PM »
yes to Michael's knowledge Harry is the only one to ever resist a fallen's shadow. Harry does remind him that the fallen eliminate the records whenever possible. There is no reason he would be the only one, just as he is likely not the only one to throw off the winter knight.

I always thought that the records were erased to cover up the fact that the Church has a poor record of keeping track of the coins.  I think as far as Harry throwing off the shadow of Lasciel, Michael got that information from a higher angelic source.  That is why Harry got Soul Fire, so even if he isn't the only one who successfully threw off a shadow, I bet it is so rare he just as well be the only one.

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2021, 06:59:51 PM »
As rare as hens teeth, something else Lacuna would be interested in.

Though technically Sue is an ancestor of the modern chicken, so the fossilised teeth from Sue’s Skull would do.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 07:01:51 PM by Conspiracy Theorist »

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2021, 11:30:08 PM »
I just think that he worked really well with Namshiel.  Something I don't know would have happened if it was their first joining.

Plus, the fallen seem to need at least some degree of magical potential in the host to work through. Marcone didn't have much to start with - he needed "the magical equivalent of a nine volt battery" just to make a defensive circle in Even Hand work. He's pretty clearly got less innate in the tank than Butters. I don't think going from shadow to full Denarian on the spot would have been enough for Namshiel to work with - I suspect they've been working hand in glove on buffing his horsepower for some time.