Author Topic: How different would things have been if Harry had…  (Read 1494 times)

Offline SerScot

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
How different would things have been if Harry had…
« on: October 20, 2021, 06:15:40 PM »
Called on Ramierez to be in the war party to take back Maggie instead of Molly?  Would we be seeing Molly the Warden rather than Molly the Fae?

Discuss.
"Maybe there will be a laundry emergency at the Carpenter house, and Harry shows up with detergent saying, 'I am Harry of the White Council. And I come back to you now at the turn of the TideTM.'" -  Vairelome 9/25/2011

Mab =/= Molly

Malcom =/= KotC

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: How different would things have been if Harry had…
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2021, 06:23:54 PM »
Called on Ramierez to be in the war party to take back Maggie instead of Molly?  Would we be seeing Molly the Warden rather than Molly the Fae?

Discuss.

I don't think that would have made any difference.  Harry would still be Winter Knight, he'd still have asked Molly to aid his suicide, and Molly still would have insisted on going with Harry I think.  I don't think she allow Carlos to be chosen over her.  Her attitudes wouldn't have been different either.

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2021, 07:04:46 PM »
I don't think that would have made any difference.  Harry would still be Winter Knight, he'd still have asked Molly to aid his suicide, and Molly still would have insisted on going with Harry I think.  I don't think she allow Carlos to be chosen over her.  Her attitudes wouldn't have been different either.

I agree she would still have insisted on going. If Carlos had been there in addition, though, I expect he'd have stepped up to take over her apprenticeship when Harry pseudo-died.

He probably would have been on the team anyway if he hadn't been detained by Christos. It's not like Harry really had an option to bring him to CI.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2021, 07:42:50 PM »
I agree she would still have insisted on going. If Carlos had been there in addition, though, I expect he'd have stepped up to take over her apprenticeship when Harry pseudo-died.

I don't think there was anything stopping him, except maybe he didn't want to risk the Doom.. Whether he went to C.I. or not, Molly still assisted Harry's suicide, knew that she did, didn't know that he was only mostly dead.. So Carlos could have stepped up, Molly was injured at C.I. so she didn't become the Rag Lady right away, so he could have approached her.

Offline SerScot

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2021, 09:02:30 PM »
Mira,

Had Harry told her to stay and hold the fort I think she would have.  Harry admits he never should have brought Molly along to CI.  Had he taken the time to ask Ramierez to help does anyone think he would have refused? 
"Maybe there will be a laundry emergency at the Carpenter house, and Harry shows up with detergent saying, 'I am Harry of the White Council. And I come back to you now at the turn of the TideTM.'" -  Vairelome 9/25/2011

Mab =/= Molly

Malcom =/= KotC

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2021, 10:30:46 PM »
Mira,

Had Harry told her to stay and hold the fort I think she would have.  Harry admits he never should have brought Molly along to CI.  Had he taken the time to ask Ramierez to help does anyone think he would have refused?

But do friends have to ask? Carlos knew the deal with Molly as well as Harry.  If I remember correctly Harry did ask her to stay and she refused.

Offline SerScot

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2021, 10:33:49 PM »
But do friends have to ask? Carlos knew the deal with Molly as well as Harry.  If I remember correctly Harry did ask her to stay and she refused.

Ramierez had no idea what was going on or that Harry needed back up.  Had Harry told him I doubt they could have kept him off the team.

Mab =/= Molly

Malcom =/= KotC

Offline vincentric

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2021, 11:15:37 PM »
It's all a matter of time.

Changes takes about four days from start to finish and Harry and team find out about Chichen Itza the day before they go and then lose time getting Susan out of FBI headquarters and getting chased through the Erlking's realm.

The Wardens and Council had a big meeting going on and EB wanted Harry there. As it turned out only the Grey Council showed. If Carlos were a part of it he'd have been there but there just wasn't timeto contact everyone.