Author Topic: Damn, Maeve really did win  (Read 7196 times)

Offline BrainFireBob

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Damn, Maeve really did win
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2021, 07:40:52 PM »
Was Karrin even a compatible vessel? I think but for Molly, the mantle might have gone flying off the island entirely to some random changeling who'd been having sufficient contact with their Sidhe kin to qualify.

They were *inside the circle*, as I recall. Could the mantle leave?

Offline BrainFireBob

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2021, 07:43:35 PM »
Don't presume, Grifyn, that the Sidhe can hold the Lady mantles. Everyone we have seen assume the mantles was mortal, or Changeling. The mantle *makes* you Fae; but you may need the free will of a mortal to become the Lady in the first place.

Did Maeve become a Fae and then Winter Lady- or did she go Changeling->Winter Lady?

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2021, 08:43:40 PM »
Don't presume, Grifyn, that the Sidhe can hold the Lady mantles. Everyone we have seen assume the mantles was mortal, or Changeling. The mantle *makes* you Fae; but you may need the free will of a mortal to become the Lady in the first place.

Did Maeve become a Fae and then Winter Lady- or did she go Changeling->Winter Lady?
Yeah, I wasn't sure they'd be compatible, but they may be. In CD Maeve mocks Sarissa for never choosing. That's not the kind of thing one who didn't choose herself should do. Not that people ever restrain themselves to that which they *should* judge.  ::)

As for a Sidhe becoming a queen, I thought the was something a while back that Lea could become queen. I don't remember if it was a WoJ or speculation, though. So my assumption was that with a certain degree of compatibility,a Sidhe could become a queen.

Offline BrainFireBob

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2021, 02:02:15 AM »
That's true.

I've been part of a number of fandoms over my life; always important to draw the distinction between supposition vs actual canon. Bad assumptions are another input leading to GIGO. GIGO is the bane of human reasoning.