Author Topic: Hel in the series?  (Read 1074 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
Hel in the series?
« on: July 31, 2021, 09:54:10 PM »
There are multiple afterlives in the books.  Hel in mythology is a lot like Hades.  She's the daughter of Loki. Baldur, son of Odin is there with her.  I can't help but think Harry will visit her, and bring a message from Baldur to his parents, Odin, and (I think) Mother Winter.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Yuillegan

• White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Hel in the series?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2021, 12:19:27 PM »
Harry would be very unlucky if he met Hel. Hel's afterlife in some ways is far worse than most. It's an endless place of all suffering and hunger that never allows people to leave. Hel was pretty dominant in her own Realm, even Odin ended up respecting her there. Hel robs beings of their ambition, of their energy, of their minds. Constant coldness and dark, everything chilled down to nothing. Hel has no challengers in her Realm. No Viking dared disrespect her, and all feared going to her Realm. It's not just about torture all her beings are her slaves, and are depressed. Even Baldr the God of Light and Beauty was a shadow of himself in her Realm. Not to mention her body was half dead half alive.

The Greek Underworld is nowhere near as scary, in my book. Except for Tartarus maybe.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Hel in the series?
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2021, 05:13:17 PM »
Luckily the Norse had more places to choose from apart Fromm he’ll and Valhalla https://www.worldhistory.org/article/1290/norse-ghosts--the-afterlife/
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]