Author Topic: About Titania  (Read 3503 times)

Offline Yuillegan

• White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: About Titania
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2021, 03:19:09 PM »
But who commands the Sidhe, but the Queens ultimately, this millennia it it Mab calling the shots.
Sure, but what makes you say that Titania or Summer ever protected the Outer Gates? Apart from the quote we can't find I mean. I really had a good look and couldn't find anything like that. The closest I got was that it is the task of Winter to defend the Gates in this age, and that the Faeries are the last of the previous guardians.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2021, 04:42:04 PM »
Sure, but what makes you say that Titania or Summer ever protected the Outer Gates? Apart from the quote we can't find I mean. I really had a good look and couldn't find anything like that. The closest I got was that it is the task of Winter to defend the Gates in this age, and that the Faeries are the last of the previous guardians.

My question back to you, is there a reason why Summer wouldn't/couldn't have had the main job in another era?

Offline BrainFireBob

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2021, 08:38:59 PM »
Numbers. The Winter Fae outnumber the Summer Fae. Vastly, apparently.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2021, 09:40:18 PM »
Numbers. The Winter Fae outnumber the Summer Fae. Vastly, apparently.

Maybe they outnumber Summer because so many sacrificed themselves guarding the Gates at an earlier time.

Offline Yuillegan

• White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2021, 01:45:47 PM »
My question back to you, is there a reason why Summer wouldn't/couldn't have had the main job in another era?
Answering a question with a question...how very Fae of you!

The main thing that makes me say it is that it hasn't been mentioned whatsoever. It would be odd of Mother Summer to reveal the whole big secret of the Outer Gates and Winter's purpose, and not tell Harry it once was Summer's purpose. Also, she literally says it was never Summer's purpose and she cannot lie. Unless you're saying Nemesis got to her.

“Holy crap,” I muttered. “Does Summer have a place like this, too, then?”
 Mother Summer shook her head. “That was never its task. Your Council’s estimate was fairly close, counting only those troops protecting the hearts of Winter and Summer. Mab has more than that. She needs them—for this.”
 I felt like I’d been hit repeatedly in the head with a rubber hammer. “So . . . Mab’s troops outnumber yours by a jillion.”
 “Indeed.”
 “So she could run you over at any time.”
 “She could,” Mother Summer said, “if she were willing to forfeit reality.”
 I scanned the length of the wall nervously. It looked like it went on forever—and there was fighting all along its length.
 “You’re telling me that this is why Mab has her power? To . . . to protect the borders?”
 “To protect all of you from the Outsiders, mortal.”
“Then why does Titania have hers?” I asked.
 “To protect all of you from Mab.”

I've emphasised the relevant bits.