Author Topic: Lord Raith's deal with Drakul wag  (Read 1180 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
Lord Raith's deal with Drakul wag
« on: July 09, 2021, 05:16:46 AM »
Lord Raith has magical protection that Eb says may have come from a big demon, although he wasn't sure.  According to Jim, Drakul didn't want the Black Court vamps to have huge numbers.  He preferred a small, elite group of followers.  (If memory serves.  I don't like stating something as fact without the source link)

Here is what I think happened.  Drakul had a problem.  He didn't like the Black Court growing out of control the way it was.  They were hated, feared, and noisy.  They were drawing unwanted attention to him.  He prefers to live in the shadows, and work quietly.

So he wants them to get cut down, but he doesn't want any of his loyal supporters to know that he's behind it.  So he makes contact with Lord Raith, and cuts a deal.  "You make public their vulnerabilities in a way that cannot be traced back to me, and I will grant you protection.  Or you could refuse and I will kill you"...  Easy decision for Raith.

This is where I think Raiths magical protection is from, Drakul.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: Lord Raith's deal with Drakul wag
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2021, 07:55:59 PM »
Lord Raith has magical protection that Eb says may have come from a big demon, although he wasn't sure.  According to Jim, Drakul didn't want the Black Court vamps to have huge numbers.  He preferred a small, elite group of followers.  (If memory serves.  I don't like stating something as fact without the source link)

Here is what I think happened.  Drakul had a problem.  He didn't like the Black Court growing out of control the way it was.  They were hated, feared, and noisy.  They were drawing unwanted attention to him.  He prefers to live in the shadows, and work quietly.

So he wants them to get cut down, but he doesn't want any of his loyal supporters to know that he's behind it.  So he makes contact with Lord Raith, and cuts a deal.  "You make public their vulnerabilities in a way that cannot be traced back to me, and I will grant you protection.  Or you could refuse and I will kill you"...  Easy decision for Raith.

This is where I think Raiths magical protection is from, Drakul.

You could be right, personally I still think it is an Outsider.  I also think it will turn out that the White Court has a deeper connection than we know to them.. Or Mab knows for that matter, her desire for a closer connection through this forced political marriage between Harry and Lara might be a huge mistake. 

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2021, 02:33:33 AM »
The question is, did he have enough of a problem with the expansion of the BCV to want his own entourage compromised by the publicization of their weaknesses?

Yes, they're competent, and that goes a long way at staying safe ... but the competent thing for a blampire to do when someone recognizes them and is loading up on garlic and holy water is generally to run. A cadre of elite BCV lieutenants without the Stokerlypse spilling their secret vulnerabilities into public knowledge would presumably have been even more of an asset to Drakul than a cadre of elite BCV lieutenants in the Dresdenverse as it stands.

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2021, 03:02:20 PM »
Was thinking it was probably Behind. Mostly because he already has spells specifically on him... Which is odd, a cosmic ritual that summons something outside of reality. 🤔 Reinforces the idea wizards working with the forces of creation actually birth outsiders through magic. Course they seem to take left over bits of magic when they can too..
Uhh anyway, I figure the ruby earring is more than a look, some kind of familial spell work perhaps.. mmm, if the WCVs are related to outsiders in their origin, then perhaps what protects him is technically an ancestor spirit?