Author Topic: All those other Coins...  (Read 3668 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
All those other Coins...
« on: June 28, 2021, 06:55:55 AM »
There are 30 Coins but we've only seen a few of them, and they all seem to grant their host unique abilities.  Marcone had a Coin and nobody knew, not even Mab.  So it has me wondering if any on the Senior Council have a Coin.  Jim said that all of them have a secret ability that they haven't let anyone else know about.  A Coin would be a pretty good secret weapon to use.  If Marcone could keep it secret I imagine a wizard with hundreds of years of knowledge, and experience could to.

Of the Senior Council members, who do you think would be most likely to have a Coin?

What unique ability would you like to see a Coin give it's user?
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: All those other Coins...
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2021, 10:12:04 AM »

I doubt that most of the Senior Members could be tempted, they already pretty much have the power they want.

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2021, 02:53:15 PM »
They'd have to have come by them fairly recently, since as of SmF all 30 were accounted for as either in custody, active, or in the bag Tessa and Rosanna grabbed.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2021, 07:08:29 PM »
They'd have to have come by them fairly recently, since as of SmF all 30 were accounted for as either in custody, active, or in the bag Tessa and Rosanna grabbed.

Possibly...  Remember as wizards they can keep a connection to the Coin the way Harry did with Lash.  They could summon the Coin the same way Harry could have if he chose. 
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2021, 07:21:49 PM »
Possibly...  Remember as wizards they can keep a connection to the Coin the way Harry did with Lash.  They could summon the Coin the same way Harry could have if he chose.
I don’t think that works if the coin has another host.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2021, 01:05:56 AM »

Isn't the whole point of the Church's blessed handkerchiefs and warded lockboxes to prevent the other side from teleporting them back into circulation?

Though the Church has been leaking them out of safekeeping faster than they should. I suppose it's possible one of the ones the Knights and Forthill think is on ice actually got into a wizard's hands. Perhaps the window might extend back a bit before SmF.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2021, 06:42:25 PM »
I don’t think that works if the coin has another host.

I was referring to the ones without a host.  Also it may have to do with the Fallen itself.  Harry's connection was severed because the Shadow was destroyed.  Who knows if the shadow still would have been there if another took up the Coin.  Harry could possibly have summoned it, and if the Fallen chose to be summoned, would have.  Kind of like trading up.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2021, 07:13:22 PM »
I was referring to the ones without a host.  Also it may have to do with the Fallen itself.  Harry's connection was severed because the Shadow was destroyed.  Who knows if the shadow still would have been there if another took up the Coin.  Harry could possibly have summoned it, and if the Fallen chose to be summoned, would have.  Kind of like trading up.
When Harry negotiated with Mab in changes he claimed he could still go for it.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2021, 07:28:12 PM »
When Harry negotiated with Mab in changes he claimed he could still go for it.

Wasn't the Coin in his basement at the time though?  I don't recall.  Is that what he meant?

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2021, 07:37:54 PM »
Wasn't the Coin in his basement at the time though?  I don't recall.  Is that what he meant?
He gave it to the church after white night.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2021, 08:38:48 PM »
He gave it to the church after white night.

Yup, at the end of White Night, the clincher was when he tried to play the guitar and though supposedly she was dead, he heard Lash whisper in his head.  He then called Father Forthill to come over, dug up the coin and gave it to him.

Offline BrainFireBob

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2021, 02:07:33 PM »
There are 30 Coins but we've only seen a few of them, and they all seem to grant their host unique abilities.  Marcone had a Coin and nobody knew, not even Mab.  So it has me wondering if any on the Senior Council have a Coin.  Jim said that all of them have a secret ability that they haven't let anyone else know about.  A Coin would be a pretty good secret weapon to use.  If Marcone could keep it secret I imagine a wizard with hundreds of years of knowledge, and experience could to.

Of the Senior Council members, who do you think would be most likely to have a Coin?

What unique ability would you like to see a Coin give it's user?

Jim said they each have a powerup; that's different.

We know LtW's shapeshifting isn't just skill related
Rashid has his eye
Ebenezer has the Blackstaff
One, IIRC, is a saint/has access to faith magic. Martha Liberty is very tight with the loa; between that and her name, Santeria priestess is quite possible.

That leaves Christos, Merlin, and Ancient Mai.

Ancient Mai can identify a Foo Dog on sight; I would be surprised if she could conceal such. Plus she's ancient- she's aged, and the coins work against that.

Merlin and Christos are your two real possibilities.

Offline Avernite

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2021, 05:15:44 PM »
Merlin would make a nice mirror for Harry, I guess.

Presumably if he has it, he didn't use it much. That mirror is already taken by Marcone. No, if it's the Merlin, he got the coin safely, he stashed it in a box without being Shadowed, and he keeps it around for when he needs power more than reason. And when disaster strikes, he will pick up the coin and find out it's one of the thugcoins, and be none the stronger for it (though a bit less killable).

Offline Yuillegan

• White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2021, 03:45:25 AM »
Merlin, or Christos. But I doubt Christos at this stage as we haven't seen many hints for it. I am not sure the Merlin needs such a thing tbh.

If the Merlin did have one though I would expect it to be one that is unexpected. More like Anduriel. Not a battle form as such. Maybe a light around him plus the demonic eyes and sigil. Something that helps bring out the worst in him. Something that brings order and zealotry. Maybe it would help him control others like Saruman. Or perhaps it would conceal him and his activities. Illusion and wonder.

Christos would be totally different. I can see it being a Mr Hyde type of situation. He might turn into a giant rage monster that shakes the earth.

Hi, I'm a moderator. We're here to help. Please remain calm. Don't go outdoors.

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2021, 09:37:58 PM »
Merlin, or Christos. But I doubt Christos at this stage as we haven't seen many hints for it. I am not sure the Merlin needs such a thing tbh.

If you're not going to draw upon enhanced durability when you're batted around and set on fire, what are you holding it for?