Author Topic: Mister and Battle Grounds  (Read 2038 times)

Offline hiddendotgif

• Participant
    • View Profile
Mister and Battle Grounds
« on: May 21, 2021, 01:33:28 PM »
So, after that whole supernatural battle, where is Mister? At the end of the book, Harry refers to him, Maggie, and Mouse as his little family, and I noticed Mister wasn't there. With Murphy how she is, I doubt Harry would leave him at her place. Now, I could very well be missing something, but I'm just worried about the old cat.
"Be the chaos you want to see in the world" - Mollymauk

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Mister and Battle Grounds
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2021, 01:43:52 PM »
Cats. He will stay away until you get worried and turn up as if nothing happened.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Online Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2021, 02:38:17 PM »
Cats. He will stay away until you get worried and turn up as if nothing happened.

Or they never left, especially now as a senior cat, chances are he found a nice secure, warm, soft spot to sleep through the whole thing. 

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2021, 03:26:42 PM »
Or they never left, especially now as a senior cat, chances are he found a nice secure, warm, soft spot to sleep through the whole thing.
Even if you know your house really well they can always find hiding spaces until you even don’t know anymore whether they are inside or outside. A cat that does not want to be found can be nearly impossible to find.
SH[Elaine+++]

Online Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2021, 03:49:53 PM »
Even if you know your house really well they can always find hiding spaces until you even don’t know anymore whether they are inside or outside. A cat that does not want to be found can be nearly impossible to find.

Yes, until they get hungry, then they do make their presence known.  The goddess Gabby is very vocal indeed when she thinks it Temptation treat time... Her MEOW, can curdle milk..

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2021, 04:38:48 PM »
Catfuzius says:
And no matter which side of the door, the cat will always insist, it's the wrong one.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2021, 04:51:36 PM »
Catfuzius says:
And no matter which side of the door, the cat will always insist, it's the wrong one.
Gawain in the garden demands the back door to be opened. Walks through the living room to the front door and demands us to open it. He can walk around the house but...
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2021, 05:01:46 PM »
Gawain in the garden demands the back door to be opened. Walks through the living room to the front door and demands us to open it. He can walk around the house but...
LOL. Bella has a cat door. She either does her rounds meowing to be let out the terrace door to go in again through the cat door into the basement and from there through the inner cat door into the house and out again through the terrace door (except there is by chance someone near the front door to open it for her).
Or the other way around.
Sometimes I let her out through the terrace door, there is an unnoticed time lapse and suddenly she appears behind me and wants to go out the terrace door again. Or I have let her in and suddenly she appears outside the door meowing to be let in.

This way I accidentally let in the wrong red tomcat once. I only noticed when I heard threatening snarling in the living room. Oops. Two red cats. Only one of them living here. LOL

Edit: I'm sure Mister suddenly just appears inside the castle or at the Carpenter's.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 05:03:34 PM by Regenbogen »

Online Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2021, 05:26:01 PM »

Gabby refuses to use a cat box, she uses the pet door, and does her thing outside.  It became a problem this winter when we had a huge snow fall and minus 20 degrees.. She didn't want to go outside, she didn't want to use the cat box, so she go around the house about to explode until I just picked her up [which she hates] and put her outside, she did it as fast as she could and came in the back door again... Her revenge, it is the two Labs who actually do the dirty work, getting me up at five in the morning, but if they try to sleep in, I often hear her meow, ordering them to get me up, she is hungry and she needs to go outside..  They are good at following orders.. >:(

Offline vincentric

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2021, 06:06:35 PM »
So, after that whole supernatural battle, where is Mister? At the end of the book, Harry refers to him, Maggie, and Mouse as his little family, and I noticed Mister wasn't there. With Murphy how she is, I doubt Harry would leave him at her place. Now, I could very well be missing something, but I'm just worried about the old cat.

Well, in Peace Talks, Harry takes Maggie, Hope and Mister to the Carpenter house, so he was probably with them when Molly moved them across the street.

Offline b4utoo

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2021, 08:26:31 PM »
Mister is Catsiths mantle lol