Author Topic: What would be a counter to Carlos?  (Read 6007 times)

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: What would be a counter to Carlos?
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2021, 12:53:01 PM »
We really don't know much about Lasciel, Lash or Bonea. Bonea comes from a Fallen known as a deceiver. She could be concealing anything.  We don't know if the Fallen may have a block in place which binds them from revealing any angelic knowledge. Lasciel and possibly Bonea may have some form of Intellectus.  Like Anduriel. The point being that Bonea may not have those limits if they existed. We also know that there is angelic magic and that Lash knew at least some of it. A Wile E author might use something like Bonea as a prototype for something.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2021, 03:55:04 PM »
We really don't know much about Lasciel, Lash or Bonea. Bonea comes from a Fallen known as a deceiver. She could be concealing anything.  We don't know if the Fallen may have a block in place which binds them from revealing any angelic knowledge. Lasciel and possibly Bonea may have some form of Intellectus.  Like Anduriel. The point being that Bonea may not have those limits if they existed. We also know that there is angelic magic and that Lash knew at least some of it. A Wile E author might use something like Bonea as a prototype for something.

They didn't descend from Lucifer. Those that fell with him were separate angels that joined his rebellion, didn't repent, so they fell with him.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 07:29:54 PM by Mira »

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2021, 05:55:00 PM »
As I said before, what information does Bob have or power does Bob have that Anduriel couldn't provide? Anduriel has so much more that he is a whole different weight class by several orders of magnitude, even limited as he is, let alone unbound.

I don't doubt Bob knows less than the Fallen overall, but he might well know things they don't - he described his own specialties as knowing a lot about magic but very little about faith stuff. It's pretty notable that Lash never tried to use "oh, I already know what the darkhallow is, because awesome fallen knowledge base" as temptation material in DB, when Bob did have that (albeit locked away).

That's probably not of immediate use to Nic or Anduriel. But Marcone/Namshiel could probably find a use for him if Butters and Harry aren't careful enough to keep him away.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2021, 06:37:39 PM »
Namshiel would love to have Bob if only for the opportunity to really talk about magic with someone who knows what he is talking about.

Also having Anduriel does not stop Nic from trying to get other tools and tricks especially if he thinks all Kemmlers knowledge is still there.

And maybe Bob could work around some of the restrictions of the fallen.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2021, 07:36:14 PM »
Namshiel would love to have Bob if only for the opportunity to really talk about magic with someone who knows what he is talking about.

Also having Anduriel does not stop Nic from trying to get other tools and tricks especially if he thinks all Kemmlers knowledge is still there.

And maybe Bob could work around some of the restrictions of the fallen.

Since Bob isn't one of the Fallen, I think he could work around their restrictions, if there is a work around.

Anduriel is Nic's ear piece to the world, and that is a lot.  Few places are closed to him, so with that knowledge, Nic can plan.

Yeah, Namshiel would love to have Bob, because Bob has insights he doesn't have, he knows Harry very well.

Offline vincentric

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2021, 08:23:16 PM »
Ooo, does Marcone have Evil Bob?

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2021, 09:14:05 PM »
I figure Cowl does, you know, to complete the set with his evil Mouse and evil Molly equivalents.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Monkez

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2021, 03:47:55 AM »
Alright so apparently Carlos being a water mage is a good counter to Dresden's style of magic.  So what kind of magic would be good against someone like Carlos?  Earth magic?  I am thinking if he tries to kill Harry, it will be Molly using mind magic to stop him.  So that might be a good counter.

Tapioca. Carlos' water magic always (especially his shields) seems to break things down to the lowest level component.  If Harry creates a Tapioca field, things will just get gummed up.  :)
I always wanted to be a monk, but I never got the chants.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2021, 03:50:51 AM »
Tapioca. Carlos' water magic always (especially his shields) seems to break things down to the lowest level component.  If Harry creates a Tapioca field, things will just get gummed up.  :)

lol.  I'm sticking with the Earth magic, or Air magic.  Pudding could give him problems though, especially if you follow it up with insect magic.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.