Author Topic: A new threat to Dresden (later) WAG  (Read 6346 times)

Offline bigdangmoose

• Posty McPostington
  • "The Rack will be with us" - Molly
    • View Profile
Re: A new threat to Dresden (later) WAG
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2021, 11:48:31 AM »
Jim talks and talks and talks.  But he doesn't say anything.  Unless something changes and it becomes the Carlos Files the conclusion is forgone.  But I'd love to see that fight.

The Blackstaff should be returned to Mother Winter. Nobody including Eb should be able to murder with impunity.

I remember Jim saying that if Mother Winter gets her walking stick back, it would be a bad thing.

Now, I will say that this is Jim talk. He may have ment that the bad thing would be that something bad happened or would be happening to the wielder.

But because we are talking about the Fae and power balances, I feel that with what Jim said, we don't want Mother getting her walking stick back.
You still have Zoidberg, YOU ALL STILL HAVE ZOIDBERG!

Offline BrainFireBob

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2021, 07:14:15 PM »
Jim talks and talks and talks.  But he doesn't say anything.  Unless something changes and it becomes the Carlos Files the conclusion is forgone.  But I'd love to see that fight.

The Blackstaff should be returned to Mother Winter. Nobody including Eb should be able to murder with impunity.

Technically that's not what it does.

It allows him to murder with magic without backlash/taint. Like a filter.

That's not "with impunity." That's "immunity to one otherwise unavoidable side effect."

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2021, 08:30:56 PM »
Technically that's not what it does.

It allows him to murder with magic without backlash/taint. Like a filter.

That's not "with impunity." That's "immunity to one otherwise unavoidable side effect."

And the killing he does isn't without cost, Eb has nightmares.

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2021, 02:03:55 AM »
Whereas in Dresden stuff the Fomor forget that they can kill 250 million or more Americans by hexing the right 9 substations in favour of trying to manually carve through Chicago and all the accorded nations at the same time.

Was body count the point? I thought they were trying to inflict a highly visible bloody nose on humanity in a way that wiped away any doubt about the supernatural, and incite the humans to indiscriminate revenge against any other supe they could find.

Offline Yuillegan

• White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2021, 06:51:29 AM »
Was body count the point? I thought they were trying to inflict a highly visible bloody nose on humanity in a way that wiped away any doubt about the supernatural, and incite the humans to indiscriminate revenge against any other supe they could find.
That, and eventually cause enough chaos so that Ethniu could rule the planet when the dust settles - by doing whatever people do at the Stars and Stones event(s). I mean, Ethniu did have a whole conqueror thing too. She wasn't just trying to sack Chicago she wanted to raze it to the ground.
Hi, I'm a moderator. We're here to help. Please remain calm. Don't go outdoors.

Offline Ed0517

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2021, 09:14:20 AM »

Who says he survives the BAT? Authors have killed off title characters before. Examples?
(click to show/hide)

Speed and grace work nicely, but monster power can be effective too - Game of Thrones....  trial by combat ... guy was beating the Mountain, even if not for the envenomed weapon, made one mistake.. Mountain crushed his skull.

Could Carlos take Harry? By ambush, sure. Kincaid could. Maybe if he could set the field. Straight up? Money's on Harry. Lions have killed elephants. Bigger they are the harder they fall? Sure. Doesn't say they fall anywhere near as often.  Big power. And for those who say Harry took Fix by using iron.... yes, he did - but maybe he felt if he had to he could take him - but maybe  Fix would not survive that way.