Author Topic: Who would you like to see face off?  (Read 7938 times)

Offline bigdangmoose

• Posty McPostington
  • "The Rack will be with us" - Molly
    • View Profile
Re: Who would you like to see face off?
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2021, 03:58:25 PM »
Now? Just before the apocalypse? Stopping the outsiders is all what counts and if Harry is necessary for that or even if he is just a good help the Gatekeeper will not side against the mothers and the queens and the ladies

Yes he would, when the moment is right. Harry is powerful in his own right, but he is still a small fish. But instead of being in a small pond, he is now dipping his fins into a big ocean.

So if Rashid thinks or knows that the time is right to throw down with Harry to put him on this separate but similar path, he would do it. As I said, Rashid doesn't work for Mab. He works for himself along the same path as Mab. It doesn't matter how close the BAT is, if the time is right, the time is right. Throwing this in as an example. People here were saying that Murphy was the end game for Harry because the end of the series was too close to have Harry and Murphy breakup and Harry find someone new. What did Jim do? Killed Murphy off. There is time for everything in this series  still.
You still have Zoidberg, YOU ALL STILL HAVE ZOIDBERG!

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2021, 04:05:49 PM »
Except that I expect the gatekeeper to be more and more bound by the gates and his duty there. Harry’s duty will be to keep Nemesis from disturbing him. They will work in parallel and they both know it.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline bigdangmoose

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2021, 04:59:19 PM »
Except that I expect the gatekeeper to be more and more bound by the gates and his duty there. Harry’s duty will be to keep Nemesis from disturbing him. They will work in parallel and they both know it.

Right, and if he believes for Harry to do his job better is to release him from his obligations to Mab, then he would do it to help Harry and himself.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2021, 06:16:13 PM »
Right, and if he believes for Harry to do his job better is to release him from his obligations to Mab, then he would do it to help Harry and himself.
Unlikely. He needs the power and the support of winter to do his job.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline bigdangmoose

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2021, 09:49:24 PM »
Unlikely. He needs the power and the support of winter to do his job.

No, actually. He doesn't. Everyone and everything wants Harry the weapon. Murphy started the series like that. The only people who we meet who don't want Harry the weapon right away or want to kill him is the Alphas, the KotC, Thomas, and Molly.

So once again I say, he doesn't NEED Winter. It helps that he is with it, but if the right power came along and it was up for grabs, and the situation came up for Rashid to intervene to help Harry by throwing down with him, he would do it. He has already came along twice in the series to steer events. Once to possibly kill Harry if the choice he made was not the right one, and the second was to keep him from killing himself. He does what is good for reality, not Winter or Mab.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2021, 01:36:34 PM »

Oh how about a cat fight between Molly and Lara?  We will see who scratches who's eyes out.. ::)

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2021, 01:55:17 PM »

Oh how about a cat fight between Molly and Lara?  We will see who scratches who's eyes out.. ::)
Molly is definitely more powerful on a personal level and she has an army as well.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2021, 05:23:02 AM »
Molly is definitely more powerful on a personal level and she has an army as well.

yeah she should beat Lara in a straight up fight.  I think Lara's best chance would be to use her Hunger, and with Molly's Winter Mantle's sex drive she could, for a moment caught off guard.  Long enough for Lara to get her with iron, and rip her apart...  Of course this would mean Lara had time to plan, and everything like that.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2021, 08:02:23 AM »
yeah she should beat Lara in a straight up fight.  I think Lara's best chance would be to use her Hunger, and with Molly's Winter Mantle's sex drive she could, for a moment caught off guard.  Long enough for Lara to get her with iron, and rip her apart...  Of course this would mean Lara had time to plan, and everything like that.
Also unless under special circumstances like Halloween Molly is unlike Lara Truly immortal and will simply reform after a while and then Lara will be in big trouble.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2021, 04:43:01 AM »
Also unless under special circumstances like Halloween Molly is unlike Lara Truly immortal and will simply reform after a while and then Lara will be in big trouble.

Yeah Lara would avoid this fight.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2021, 04:43:42 AM »
Blood on his soul vs Listens to Wind

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2021, 05:45:29 AM »
Blood on his soul vs Listens to Wind

I think it will be more like River Shoulder vs Blood on His Soul.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2021, 07:46:32 PM »
I think it will be more like River Shoulder vs Blood on His Soul.

Probably

Offline Con

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2021, 04:58:46 AM »
Drakul vs Vadderung

Offline Yuillegan

• White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2021, 10:06:08 PM »
Drakul vs Vadderung
Big yes.

Also:
Drakul vs Mab
Ferrovax vs Vadderung
Ebenezar vs the Merlin (Langtry)
Harry vs the Merlin (Langtry)
Harry vs Ramirez
Harry vs Elaine
Molly vs Elaine
Nicodemus vs Marcone
Harry vs Marcone
Marcone vs Genoskwa
River Shoulders vs Genoskwa
Harry vs Mavra (round 3)
Ivy vs something big
Mab vs Titania
The Gatekeeper vs Cowl
Cowl vs Harry (round 3 or 4)
Cowl vs Eb
Cowl vs Langtry
Listens-to-Wind vs Genoskwa
Listens-to-Wind vs Shagnasty
Grey vs Shagnasty
Kincaid vs Drakul
Kincaid + Ivy vs Drakul
Kemmler (either returned or a flash back) vs the White Council (or any interesting battle he was a part of)
Knights of the Cross vs Genoskwa
Knights of the Cross vs Marcone
Harry vs the White Council

Probably more but I can't think of them right now.

I also DON'T want to see certain fights.
I really don't want to see the Librarians just wiping the floor with everyone because "yeah we are humans with special knowledge that no one else has" - isn't that what the Venatori were meant to be, or the White Council?

I don't think I want to see a human/mortal army vs Fae in the real world. On Earth the Fae would get smashed because of bullets and the whole "we are humans this is our city" stuff that always seems to show up. I mean, the Fomor are supposedly powerful water mages. Did they bother to do anything with the water? How about flooding the city? Or poisoning the water supply? Or even vanishing/draining it? Overflowing the sewage system? What about ripping the water out of the Chicago citizen's bodies? Or doing some major version of what Carlos does (entropy magic). No, instead the throw lightning and acid and lumps of steel. Very tactical.

Tbh, I don't think I would even wish to see the mortal world vs another invading army or giant monster unless Jim ratchets up the difficulty setting.
Hi, I'm a moderator. We're here to help. Please remain calm. Don't go outdoors.