Author Topic: Harry & Molly's out?  (Read 1960 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
Harry & Molly's out?
« on: May 10, 2021, 04:36:34 AM »
So I was thinking about if Harry got the Blackstaff, what would Mother Winter trade him for it?  I think she will offer him an Unravelling...  Just one though.  He will then have to choose between himself, and Molly.  Another possibility is that he ends up using it on Mab for some reason. 

What do you think?
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: Harry & Molly's out?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2021, 04:49:52 AM »
So I was thinking about if Harry got the Blackstaff, what would Mother Winter trade him for it?  I think she will offer him an Unravelling...  Just one though.  He will then have to choose between himself, and Molly.  Another possibility is that he ends up using it on Mab for some reason. 

What do you think?

I think he'd be torn between Molly and Thomas, he loves both, but in different ways, choosing one over the other would have different consequences.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2021, 04:56:05 AM »
I think he'd be torn between Molly and Thomas, he loves both, but in different ways, choosing one over the other would have different consequences.

Could the unraveling work on Thomas?  Hmmm  I don't know.  Are you saying he could remove Thomas's demon side?
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2021, 05:06:03 AM »
Could the unraveling work on Thomas?  Hmmm  I don't know.  Are you saying he could remove Thomas's demon side?

He could at least heal Thomas of the terrible injuries that he received so he wouldn't be in danger of dying anymore.  He was tempted to use it on Susan to cure her, but she wasn't born a vampire, Thomas was..  But at the same time, at this point does Molly want the mantle of Winter Lady removed?  Or more to the point would he have to go further and undo her magical talent? Without the talent, she'd no longer be in danger from the White Court for being a suspected warlock.. Charity went for that option, but would her daughter?

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2021, 05:24:29 AM »
He could at least heal Thomas of the terrible injuries that he received so he wouldn't be in danger of dying anymore.  He was tempted to use it on Susan to cure her, but she wasn't born a vampire, Thomas was..  But at the same time, at this point does Molly want the mantle of Winter Lady removed?  Or more to the point would he have to go further and undo her magical talent? Without the talent, she'd no longer be in danger from the White Court for being a suspected warlock.. Charity went for that option, but would her daughter?

I was under the impression that the Unraveling removes any enchantments, or transformations.  So I don't see it healing Thomas.  Removing his demon, maybe. 

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2021, 05:28:09 AM »
I was under the impression that the Unraveling removes any enchantments, or transformations.  So I don't see it healing Thomas.  Removing his demon, maybe.

My impression is a bit different, that it can undo anything done, that is why it is called the Unraveling, remember Mother Winter's knitting is the fates of everyone's lives, not just enchantments etc..

Offline LostInTime

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2021, 06:54:06 PM »
He can use the shroud to heal Thomas. And Molly would be volcanically pissed at Harry if he gets her out just before the BAT.

Harry and Molly are going to be part of Winter until the BAT is resolved. Molly is the dutiful daughter her father raised and the position of Winter Lady is too important to leave to someone else. Harry isn't leaving without Molly, so he's stuck too.
The more I get to know people, the better I like my dog.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2021, 08:54:16 PM »
He can use the shroud to heal Thomas. And Molly would be volcanically pissed at Harry if he gets her out just before the BAT.

Harry and Molly are going to be part of Winter until the BAT is resolved. Molly is the dutiful daughter her father raised and the position of Winter Lady is too important to leave to someone else. Harry isn't leaving without Molly, so he's stuck too.

I doubt that Harry can heal Thomas with the Shroud, I think if it were that simple, he'd have done it.

Offline LostInTime

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2021, 01:38:28 AM »
Harry is only smart when he has a chance to sit down and reason things out. The Peace Talks gave him no opportunity to think. First, he was too busy rescuing Thomas, then watching Mab get bitch slapped, then fighting Eb, then securing Thomas. Things rolled right into Battle Ground. Which was a non-stop slugfest.

Thematically speaking, expect Thomas to be off the board for a couple of books, at least. Harry is being stripped of his gang to make his last stand solo. Chances are there will be more deaths, enforced separation and possibly someone (Molly?) will apparently align against him. But the Scooby Gang will be reunited for the BAT, mark my words on it.
The more I get to know people, the better I like my dog.

Offline bigdangmoose

• Posty McPostington
  • "The Rack will be with us" - Molly
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2021, 02:02:30 AM »

Come on, we all know Harry's luck. The Knight mantle will be torn away from him, possibly even by Molly to save him in some way, at the worst time and he will get another powerup before the BAT
You still have Zoidberg, YOU ALL STILL HAVE ZOIDBERG!

Offline vincentric

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2021, 04:39:04 PM »
I doubt that Harry can heal Thomas with the Shroud, I think if it were that simple, he'd have done it.

Harry is only smart when he has a chance to sit down and reason things out. The Peace Talks gave him no opportunity to think. First, he was too busy rescuing Thomas, then watching Mab get bitch slapped, then fighting Eb, then securing Thomas. Things rolled right into Battle Ground. Which was a non-stop slugfest.

Thematically speaking, expect Thomas to be off the board for a couple of books, at least. Harry is being stripped of his gang to make his last stand solo. Chances are there will be more deaths, enforced separation and possibly someone (Molly?) will apparently align against him. But the Scooby Gang will be reunited for the BAT, mark my words on it.

The time of Thomas' injuries to his imprisonment on the island was about 48 hours. This was alongside the other events of PT and BG. Harry could research using the Shroud on Thomas in Twelve Months but he will be doing that along with improving the castle, Preparing for his wedding, arranging things for Maggie and dodging various and sundry attempts on his life. Plus unless he learns Rashid's Way, he's gonna need a new boat or at least he'll have to wait until the Water Beetle is repaired transported back.

Offline bigdangmoose

• Posty McPostington
  • "The Rack will be with us" - Molly
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2021, 06:07:23 PM »
With priorities in mind, I wonder if Harry can request a boat from Mab or Lara thru Mab to get to the island. It sounded like Mab respected Alfred's priorities over her own
You still have Zoidberg, YOU ALL STILL HAVE ZOIDBERG!

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2021, 06:29:11 PM »
The time of Thomas' injuries to his imprisonment on the island was about 48 hours. This was alongside the other events of PT and BG. Harry could research using the Shroud on Thomas in Twelve Months but he will be doing that along with improving the castle, Preparing for his wedding, arranging things for Maggie and dodging various and sundry attempts on his life. Plus unless he learns Rashid's Way, he's gonna need a new boat or at least he'll have to wait until the Water Beetle is repaired transported back.

I think he already knows what the Shroud can do, he knew what the Spear and the Placard could do.  If it can heal Thomas, Harry might be thinking that Thomas has to learn some things first.  Thomas is better than your average vampire, but I don't think he gets how much suffering he has caused.  So some time in contemplating that pain might be just what he needs before he can truly be healed.