Author Topic: The prisoner at Demonreach  (Read 1416 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
The prisoner at Demonreach
« on: May 04, 2021, 06:43:58 AM »
The one who spoke to Harry.  Do you think that person is who they keep trying to get to?  Nemesis controlled Maeve tried, He Who Walk Before tried, Nemesis controlled Justine tried.  Then there is the whole Rashid focusing the Tank at some point and it involving Demon Reach.... 

Originally I thought the Outsiders were trying to break someone out.  That may be the case but now I'm wondering if they want that prisoner, and not to break them out.  Maybe to kill him, or to get information from him....

Remember what he said?  "I need to be here".  Maybe he isn't a prisoner at all.  Maybe he's there kind of like Thomas.  Locked up for another purpose.  To preserve him, or protect him or something like that.  I'm wondering if he needs to be there until the Stars and Stones.  He will play a role, but other forces want to stop that from happening.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: The prisoner at Demonreach
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2021, 11:05:11 AM »

My idea has always been that he is Merlin.  Who as far as the myth goes is asleep somewhere,
voluntarily because he made mistakes.  I haven't enough coffee yet to drag out the Bulfinch's Mythology and read the exact quote.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2021, 03:06:54 PM »

Here is the quote;

The Lady of the Lake entangled him in a thornbush by means of spells, and there he still sleeps, though his voice may sometimes be heard.

Perhaps not an exact fit, but to my mind, close enough, that it could be Merlin.  If it is, he will become very important I think in the BAT, and the possible cure for Thomas.

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2021, 08:08:42 PM »
Was thinking it's Chandler anymore. The perfect British would be spot on for his character really?
As for focusing the tank.. a break out would be one reason I suppose. The some of the main possibilities I've considered, is that as the last version of 'Harry Dresden' GK might have actually unmade and reformed DR or, he helped someone cross over and take the blackstaff from MW. And finally, he distracted DR when Kemmler was warden and trying to do something nefarious there.