Author Topic: How Mab gets Harry to kill loved ones  (Read 5766 times)

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: How Mab gets Harry to kill loved ones
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2021, 06:59:18 PM »
You think not?  And you think Harry will use them to her purpose anyway? Remember what she said at the end of Small Favor, that time her purpose and that of Uriel was one and the same, which hints that isn't always the same.  Who do you think Harry will listen to if it comes to choosing?
I don’t think there is any fundamental conflict between Mab and Uriel.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2021, 07:45:46 PM »
I don’t think there is any fundamental conflict between Mab and Uriel.

Yes, there was, she was most unhappy with Uriel taking such a risk with her Knight.  If she'd had her way, he would have been healed on the spot and her thrall.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2021, 08:26:09 PM »
Yes, there was, she was most unhappy with Uriel taking such a risk with her Knight.  If she'd had her way, he would have been healed on the spot and her thrall.
Minor disagreements about risks. Lea saw the benefit of this learning experience. In general Mab and Uriel are pretty polite to each other and leave each other doing their jobs. There won’t be an open conflict.

They have been working around each other for quite some time. They are really working for the same company in very different departments.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline vincentric

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2021, 08:54:34 PM »
You think not?  And you think Harry will use them to her purpose anyway? Remember what she said at the end of Small Favor, that time her purpose and that of Uriel was one and the same, which hints that isn't always the same.  Who do you think Harry will listen to if it comes to choosing?

Harry won't use them exactly the way Mab would want because he's Harry but his uses will always benefit Mab. Mab's purpose is defending reality and Harry is firmly committed to that.

Uriel's purpose seems to be defending free will. In order for there to be free willed choices there have to be free willed beings so defending reality is part and parcel of that. He may have different methods but I can't conceive of an instance where he'd be on the side of destroying reality unless he fell.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2021, 04:06:05 PM »
Harry won't use them exactly the way Mab would want because he's Harry but his uses will always benefit Mab. Mab's purpose is defending reality and Harry is firmly committed to that.

As long as they are on the same page.  Mab was willing to have her child killed because she was infected, I'm not so sure Harry would do the same thing.

Uriel's purpose seems to be defending free will. In order for there to be free willed choices there have to be free willed beings so defending reality is part and parcel of that. He may have different methods but I can't conceive of an instance where he'd be on the side of destroying reality unless he fell.
He has the power, but he obeys the rules.

Offline vincentric

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2021, 09:59:08 PM »
As long as they are on the same page.  Mab was willing to have her child killed because she was infected, I'm not so sure Harry would do the same thing.

If Maggie were about magically nuke Chicago(which was what would have happened in Cold Days if Maeve wasn't stopped), I think Harry would make the hard choice . It would break him afterwards but he'd choose the millions of innocents over over one person committing an evil act no matter how much he loves her.

Offline LostInTime

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2021, 01:00:48 PM »
Came up with another fae-legal method. Mab trades away the last favor to another fae (Leanansidhe?). She then orders that fae to command Harry to kill someone he loves. All nice and fae-legal. Harry's criteria for accepting the mantle was that Mab not order him to hurt someone he loves.
The more I get to know people, the better I like my dog.

Offline LostInTime

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2021, 02:43:13 PM »
OORRRR, if Harry puts down the Knight mantle, the third favor is still in play. And if Harry breaks the deal, the restriction on Mab asking him to hurt his loved ones is also out the window.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2021, 02:48:44 PM »

Actually it is a moot point either way, because Harry won't deliberately kill anyone he loves because someone orders him to, end of story.   Thing is, favor or no favor, deal or no deal, Mab cannot force Harry to kill someone he loves, he still has free will and she cannot violate that.  Now she might kill him for doing it, but that is another story.

Offline LostInTime

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2021, 04:33:16 PM »
Harry won't kill someone he loves unless the alternative is worse. E.G. Susan.