Poll

The title of the thread says it all.  What would you; the reader, like to see happen to the little rat?

Rudolph should confess or be convicted, then sentenced to 25 to life and disappear from the series.
5 (19.2%)
Rudolph should beat the rap, so that his real punishment can be something far worse. (Which might involve some of the other scenarios.)
5 (19.2%)
Rudolph should ask for forgiveness and find redemption, perhaps becoming a KotC.
3 (11.5%)
Rudolph should take up one of the Blackened Denarii, in an attempt to get even with Harry who he blames for everything..
3 (11.5%)
Rudolph should die, but in some odd, seemingly random, but probably not accidental, Final Destination manner, as a way of balancing the scales.
3 (11.5%)
Rudolph works with the Librarians after losing his CPD job.  As an asset; someone they get information out of, and maybe work with in the field, though not an actual member.  Then something really bad happens to him.
1 (3.8%)
Rudolph should - Fill in the blank.  Whatever you think should happen.
6 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: August 07, 2021, 08:01:55 PM

Author Topic: What should happen to Rudolph?  (Read 9042 times)

Offline K.L.O.E.

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: What should happen to Rudolph?
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2021, 07:40:23 PM »
Lara sends a White Court Vampire after Rudolph as a wedding present. Disgraced cop commits suicide? Who'd investigate the super model that just moved in next door?
Kyle Lowry
Everything

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2021, 09:40:33 PM »
Now that you mentioned it, I think Gard's sister would be more than willing to help with that (she cannot force a man to commit suicide the way a vampire can, but she has other ways, I am sure).
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2021, 01:47:08 AM »
Rudolph already committed suicide in BG and God himself intervened to save him, I doubt that he's going anywhere.

He has to continue to exist as an annoying Karma Houdini that Dresden isn't allowed to kill like the rest of his enemies to maximize Harry's suffering you see.

Offline b4utoo

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2021, 03:27:29 AM »
I think Rudolph should visit Mab's traitor tree for rest of the series but instead of traitor they can carve "Believe"  then just before end of series he should be sent to Hades and enjoy the judgments that follow...

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2021, 03:52:23 AM »

I think Molly is going to do a number on his brain, because as Winter Lady she is beyond the White Council now and knows her Knight/mentor/friend, Harry cannot do it to avenge Murphy.  Rudolph will live out his days in a fetal position with his thumb in his mouth looking for his navel.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2021, 05:11:40 AM »
I don't think Molly, as a Queen, is allowed to directly harm a vanilla man (I mean, we know Mab is not allowed, I don't think the Lady can)
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2021, 02:31:58 PM »
I don't think Molly, as a Queen, is allowed to directly harm a vanilla man (I mean, we know Mab is not allowed, I don't think the Lady can)

She may have a way around that, I seem to remember Maeve messing with Billy in Summer Knight.  I don't think it would take much to completely boot Rudolph off the sanity deep end for good.

Offline K.L.O.E.

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2021, 03:29:45 PM »

There are many ways Molly could use winter to entrap Rudolph. Make a deal, send a changeling, send a phobophage, etc. I don't think she'll mind whammy him directly but she may look for revenge.
Kyle Lowry
Everything

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2021, 04:09:03 PM »
So it's okay for someone else to murder Rudolf even though the Knights went out of their way to save him?  This is a blood thirsty group. A few words noting his admittance to a home for the terminally stupid is more than enough print space for him.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2021, 05:02:27 PM »
So it's okay for someone else to murder Rudolf even though the Knights went out of their way to save him?  This is a blood thirsty group. A few words noting his admittance to a home for the terminally stupid is more than enough print space for him.

I don't believe the Knights went out of their way to save Rudolph, they went out of their way to save Harry.  It was Harry's soul that was at stake had he taken revenge on Rudolph, it isn't up to him to judge.  Rudolph will face justice, perhaps in the courts, certainly before the Almighty.

Offline bigdangmoose

• Posty McPostington
  • "The Rack will be with us" - Molly
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2021, 05:42:05 PM »
Ok, so why is it ok for Molly to mess with someone's mind now when it's still just as wrong now as when she did it back in PG. That was the first lesson she learned from Harry.

It doesn't matter how much it could possibly make Harry feel better, she knows that the ending outcome would hurt her relationship with Harry.
You still have Zoidberg, YOU ALL STILL HAVE ZOIDBERG!

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2021, 06:03:44 PM »
Yeah, let the White God do him. That would work.

Offline K.L.O.E.

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2021, 06:35:49 PM »

I don't think any of us are being particularly bloodthirsty, part of this is Catharsis over how some fans feel Murphy went out, part of this is speculating where the drama will come from next. Molly or Lara killing Rudolph brings the drama to Harry's life. With Molly it raises the question of how much or her humanity is left? Lara doing the deed raises the specter of intervention by Eb or another major player acting against her. Tons of great story potential from either of those options.

Ok, so why is it ok for Molly to mess with someone's mind now when it's still just as wrong now as when she did it back in PG. That was the first lesson she learned from Harry.

It doesn't matter how much it could possibly make Harry feel better, she knows that the ending outcome would hurt her relationship with Harry.

Again, I think that if Molly does kill Rudolph directly or indirectly it will not be "ok" and be treated as a huge crossing the line moment by everyone who knows Molly.
Kyle Lowry
Everything

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2021, 07:59:56 PM »

Molly has always had her own ideas, that is why her slide into warlockhood is so hard to check.  To begin with she thought she was doing right by her friends when she messed with their heads, causing lots of damage in the process.  Then in Turncoat she was back at it again in an effort to help Harry, though it could have cost them both their heads.  Thus if she thinks she is helping Harry by offing Rudolph in some way or making him insane for the duration, she will do it.

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2021, 08:16:57 PM »
Rudolph already committed suicide in BG and God himself intervened to save him, I doubt that he's going anywhere.

He has to continue to exist as an annoying Karma Houdini that Dresden isn't allowed to kill like the rest of his enemies to maximize Harry's suffering you see.

Rudolph wasn’t saved for his benefit, but for Harry’s, to prevent Harry from becoming a murdering monster over such an inconsequential piece of crap. Harry is important, Rudolph isn’t.